Koh Tao: Thai court charges pair over murders of British backpackers

webfact

At this point their grief is still great, but the parents of Hanna and David have a right, an obligation, to come forward, to come here to give testimony in support of the lads who innocence is well known but can't be proved UNLESS the Brit witnesses who palled around with Hanna and David come forward to tell what they know.

The prosecution wants the parents here to attack the lads; surprise the crooked cops and help the kids get free.

Please delay no longer. Contribute to the kids defense fund. I can't post it here but it's easy to find with a Google search.

What possible testimony can grieving parents from the other side of the world bring to the trial of the alleged perpetrators?

There's been some nonsense on the Koh Tao threads but this tops the lot!

Actually the biggest nonsense for me on these Koh Tao threads is the RTP investigation.

I think the poster was also mistaken however, the defense team and the B2 made an appeal for Hannah and Davids friends that were with them to come back or anyone else who may have been a witness.

We need to wait for the inquest to hear the testimony from the friends as they are prime witness's that the coroner will want to hear from, which will reveal the truth of the events leading up to the murders.

Edited by thailandchilli

"You're not in Kansas now, Toto."

First of all my name isn't Toto, I think I should consider that a derogatory name calling, but did you notice that I inserted the word IF in front of the sentence, and I'm pretty sure that if it is considered a technical error, the law of Thailand will prevail.

Apparently you haven't seen one the most famous movies of all time.

You're wound pretty tight aren't you?

facepalm.gif

Have a read and enjoy.

http://resistracism.wordpress.com/2010/07/04/sorry-to-tell-you-toto/

By the way, ain't I still waiting for an answer from you in another post?

The parents will be waiting for the inquest. Then im sure they will make statements.

Agree entirely. The UK inquest is an aside to the legal process currently ongoing in Thailand. Any comment from the British authorities or indeed 'the' families will ensue, I am sure.

The due process currently being followed by the said authorities will, I am sure, demonstrate why the British process is followed as a necessity to an investigation in a foreign land.

"You're not in Kansas now, Toto."

First of all my name isn't Toto, I think I should consider that a derogatory name calling, but did you notice that I inserted the word IF in front of the sentence, and I'm pretty sure that if it is considered a technical error, the law of Thailand will prevail.

facepalm.gif

Have a read and enjoy.

Wow. You really are wound up pretty tight.

The guy paraphrased a well known quote from a well known movie.

And you are off and running.

What does that link have to do with the price of tea in China?blink.png

(There's another one for you to stew on)

I have no idea.

Are you waiting?

Answer to what?

Your hearsay?

You got links?

Then send them to me or post them.

facepalm.gif

Edited by iReason

facepalm.gif

Have a read and enjoy.

Wow. You really are wound up pretty tight.

The guy paraphrased a well known quote from a well known movie.

And you are off and running.

What does that link have to do with the price of tea in China?blink.png

(There's another one for you to stew on)

I have no idea.

Are you waiting?

Answer to what?

Your hearsay?

You got links?

Then send them to me or post them.

facepalm.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/781591-koh-tao-thai-court-charges-pair-over-murders-of-british-backpackers/?p=8759485

Enter the quotes in Google and you will get the links as first result, you know I'm not allowed to post them.

Here's one of my significant photos, the crime scene being invaded by Mon and he was also there right at the beginning with the RTP walking all around it along with the Headman. Its on video to.

If someone was murdered 50 meters from your home/business on a small island, don't you think, you would have been there too, to see what was going on??

It would have been more suspect, had he not been there!!

As for the crime scene contamination, the local cops are old friends and probably not experienced crime scene experts. So hardly unexpected.

IMO, everything points to the headman & Co, but your "significant" photos prove nothing!!

• Like 1

Maybe this sudden move is to tie things up before the British experts have a say.

There is an absolute time limit for detentions. Initial 7 days followed by 84 days sectioned out in 12 day renewals which each must be approved by the court.

• Like 1

Here's one of my significant photos, the crime scene being invaded by Mon and he was also there right at the beginning with the RTP walking all around it along with the Headman. Its on video to.

If someone was murdered 50 meters from your home/business on a small island, don't you think, you would have been there too, to see what was going on??

It would have been more suspect, had he not been there!!

As for the crime scene contamination, the local cops are old friends and probably not experienced crime scene experts. So hardly unexpected.

IMO, everything points to the headman & Co, but your "significant" photos prove nothing!!

Actually I didn't say it proves anything, I said it was a significant photo for me. But regards proof, it does prove he was on the scene, in the beginning and also once behind the line, he still crossed it walking over to what?

• Like 1

I can't believe that they are actually going through with this. These two poor young lads will be found guilty just so the Thai Govt. can save a bit of face.

Come on the U.N, time to step in now.

Farcical..!!

"These two poor young lads..."

What is farcical is the way so many posters continue to refer to these accused men as boys, young lads etc. What is the matter with you all, there are no adolescents involved in this case.

It's only in keeping with the dishonesty that always prevails in such matters. All newspapers refer to 16-year-olds they wish to demonise as "men", but those in their early 20s they wish to present as victims as "boys". Have you really not noticed? In this case, at least one of the 21-year-olds in question looks much younger, more naive and, yes, boyish, than an internationally average 17 year-old, so it's a rreasonable description if you sympathise with him, and pedantic to call it wrong.

• Like 2

One suspect fled and was located by the police. They did ask him, what he is doing in Bangkok, but they did not ask him, what he was doing on September 21, how come?? Even his mobile telephone data was not checked (By today you can tell exactly which transmitting pole you use, when you are using your mobile, but as far I know, the data will be erased after three months).

I think the Thai police may have failed to inform you about every step they made in the investigation. Is there some credible news source that say they indeed didn't check his phone data?

I was talking about the Burmese suspect that was caught on a ferry somewhere in the South of Thailand.

You are right, the RTP did not inform me about every step they took. They should have, but they didn't. But there is a news source stating, what I wrote. I will inform you when I found it, right here.

I hope you took note of me mentioning the word CREDIBLE in front of news source, and are not searching through CSI LA's facebook posts now.

Since your post was 2 hours ago, I assume I better don't hold my breath till you found the news source?

I am sorry, I can only recall that it was a Thai reporter from channel 3. His name is < Thai language removed >. But when you look at the online papers, in which the suspect in BKK just was ask, if he did do it, then you will come to the same picture, that the investigation and the questioning was just reduced to that certain question. Otherwise there would be a denial, that he was on the island on September 14, or other more in depth information, given by the suspect.

Edited by metisdead
English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.
  • Like 1

ai

FACTS were asked for. Here are a few.

1/ Many on this forum are from the UK.

2/ Many holiday friends of Hanna and David are Brits too; they know the truth but are scared to return to this LOS, land of sin.

3/ Many locals know the truth but they are even more scared to come forward and suffer at the crime bosses whims and fancies.

4/ David was 190 cm (6ft 3 inches) tall;

5/ Zaw Win is hobbit sized at 144.8 cm (4ft 9 inches)

6/ Win Phyo is 152 cm or barely 5 ft short.

7/ Andy Hall who is on the defense team and sees them often, reports they are both typical, lyrical, sweet, and simple friendly lads who after the killings did not run from any fear or stay out of cold heartedness. They were innocent and still are.

8/ We who know the law can see they are innocent and are being railroaded to an early death to force the Boss-needed cover-up. Period. Unless....

9/ Long term residents of the Island "know" a fix is in but there is now so much light falling on the crime bosses they are panicking and trying to rush things even more

10/ Thai and international help is with the lads, but they need more help from each of us... you and me.

NOW is the time for each of you, Brits and others, to act, please!

Write on blogs, social media, to print media, make phone calls (free on Skype) home and approach the Brits who know and ran off. Follow Andy Hall and republish his posts.

At this point their grief is still great, but the parents of Hanna and David have a right, an obligation, to come forward, to come here to give testimony in support of the lads who innocence is well known but can't be proved UNLESS the Brit witnesses who palled around with Hanna and David come forward to tell what they know.

The prosecution wants the parents here to attack the lads; surprise the crooked cops and help the kids get free.

Please delay no longer. Contribute to the kids defense fund. I can't post it here but it's easy to find with a Google search.

Sign the petition to NSY to come forward early with their report; most likely it will blow a hole in the prosecution for having excluded them from seeing or doing anything substantive.

The time to act is now; don't delay, please.

Anybody set up a whistleblower website in Thai and English where citizens that know something could post tips and leads anonymously? How do we contribute to the defence fund?

I'll do my bit and copy the facts to my FB page, anybody else ?

For anyone that is interested, the website petitioning to raise money for the B2 has already raised $8,497

Not sure if posting the link here is allowed

• Like 1

They have DNA evidence, supposedly. The confessions are dead in the water. Phones etc, amateurish plants. In a civilized country, the case couldn't come to court. My guess is that the prosecutor was instructed to file the charges now with what little 'evidence' he's been given rather than wait until the absolute last minute when it would be obvious that it was a dump or get off the pot situation. In reality though, they have no more reason to charge these guys now than they did weeks ago. The whole thing is a farce. But a very dangerous farce for the poor sods involved.

• Like 1

Here is what the Guardian wrote 6 minutes ago:

Thawatchai Saengjaew, chief of the Public Prosecution’s Region 8 Office, told the Bangkok Post that authorities would indict Zaw Lin, 21, on five counts – the murder of Miller, the rape and murder of Witheridge, illegal entry into Thailand and staying in the country without permission. Win Zaw Htun, 21, faces the same charges and an additional count of stealing a mobile phone and sunglasses from Miller.

First the mobile phone saga, now the sunglasses? Wow! Didn't hear about that one before! Makes sense to carry your sunglasses with you at night, does it? Any pictures of David carrying his sunglasses around that night? Is this the missing piece of crucial evidence that couldn't be disclosed to the public? This whole case is beyond evil.......

Sunglasses at 3am!! were the sunglasses verified as being his.

The boys were taken captive long after the british departed for home so the police would have had to have sent the glasses with the phone to england for family to identify as being his.

David supposedly left his room at 1.30am to go and buy cigarettes according to Chris Ware.

So the caption should read:

"No we were over there"

"No you weren't you two were over there?" That's what we forced you to say in the confessions"

This is my 'favourite' photo, if I can call it such a thing. I love the frustrated look on the cop in the center's face. What a complete farce. And all those 'hard' faces they made for the camera as they stood behind their scapegoats. Burn in hell.

Hmm, smiling assassins.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

And then…

Pol Gen Somyot comes in and transfers the head of the investigation, Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen out.

Somyot takes charge, and Bada Bing! We have him sitting side by side with his new buddies.

Shortly thereafter, Ol’ Som makes stock purchases for 365 Million Baht. wai2.gifwai.gif

whistling.gif

And that was about the time he was threatening the public to not start rumors. Surprising that stock transaction did not make the news more than it did.

• Like 1

MURDER OF TWO BRITISH BACKPACKERS
Myanmar suspects indicted over murder of Britons on Koh Tao

KESINEE TAENGKHIO,
SUWANNEE BUNDISAK
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- THE KOH Samui prosecutor yesterday indicted two Myanmar men over the murder of two British backpackers on Surat Thani's Koh Tao on September 15, the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) said yesterday.

OAG spokesman Wanchai Rujanawong said Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, who were illegal migrant workers on the island at the time the murders, have been charged with murder, attempts to cover up a crime, gang rape and illegally entering the country.

Win Zaw Htun faces the additional charge of theft.

Wanchai told a press conference in Bangkok yesterday that the charges put forward by the public prosecutors were different from what police investigators had determined on two points.

The OAG spokesman said the prosecutors believed the 24-year-old female victim did not die from rape, but in the attempt to cover up the crime. As a result, the prosecutors didn't file the charge of rape causing death.

He said the other discrepancy centred on evidence pointing to only Win Zaw Htun stealing the victim's cellphone - meaning Zaw Lin would not face theft charge.

Earlier in Surat Thani province, public prosecutor Paiboon Achawananthakul - accompanied by police investigator Lt-Colonel Pana Senathip - submitted a 900-page case file indicting the Myanmar duo at the Koh Samui Provincial Court yesterday.

The suspects' lawyers are expected to submit an objection soon.

Paiboon said the men would appear in court on Monday morning to hear the charges and make their pleas.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Myanmar-suspects-indicted-over-murder-of-Britons-o-30249190.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-05

I'm not surprised to hear that they weren't present for the hearing ... after all this is a done deal; as far as the Thai police and judicial system is concerned they are already guilty.

I've witnessed some farces in my time but the Thais take the biscuit when it comes to incompetence, cover-ups and outright corruption. I for one am glad I left and that my money no long supports such a vile country.

I am following you to leave very soon

• Like 1