From Pattaya to Trad by bus

Aasailaway

I just found some info from 2013 that there are blue / white busses going from Bkk via Pattaya to Trad. Now several people told me that they do no longer stop in Pattaya. Is this true ?

What other bus options do I have ? Could not get any info at the North bus station.....

Or perhaps someone goes that direction in the next days ? Willing to share petrol.

What are you trying to do? BKK to Pattaya, stay in Pattaya a bit and then head on? Or just go from Pattaya to Trat?

If so, the bus station that goes that way is on Sukhumvit, just south of Klang on the east side. At least that's where it use to be!

Let me know what your plans are and maybe we should move this over to the Pattaya forum.

When I did it several years ago, I had to take a bus from Pattaya to Chantabury, then change to a government bus to Trad. The Chantabury bus leaves from a Sukhumvit Highway bus stop, not the North pattaya Bus Station and is an older, non ac bus.

Try some travel agencies...there might be some van operators servicing the Pattaya-Trad; Koh Chang route.

• Like 1

When I did it several years ago, I had to take a bus from Pattaya to Chantabury, then change to a government bus to Trad. The Chantabury bus leaves from a Sukhumvit Highway bus stop, not the North pattaya Bus Station and is an older, non ac bus.

Try some travel agencies...there might be some van operators servicing the Pattaya-Trad; Koh Chang route.

I'm sure there are some minivans doing that route. But trying to find the place they stop isn't easy. One place we've used for trips to Aranyaprathet is on Suk between Big C S. Pattaya and S. Pattaya road. Right next to that big tire/car repair shop.

What are you trying to do? BKK to Pattaya, stay in Pattaya a bit and then head on? Or just go from Pattaya to Trat?

If so, the bus station that goes that way is on Sukhumvit, just south of Klang on the east side. At least that's where it use to be!

Let me know what your plans are and maybe we should move this over to the Pattaya forum.

I am already in Pattaya and just want to go to Trat from here. To move this topic over to the Pattaya forum is a good idea. Thanks.
  • Like 1

OP I go on this service when I want to visit Koh Chang because I don't like the driving style of the minivan operators.

the blue and white bus bypasses Pattaya and has done so for a long time. The only choice is what they refer to as the “ 99 “ service which is an orange and grey air-conditioned bus which originates in Bangkok.

Previously they had three or four every morning, but unfortunately it is now down to just one. You have to wait at the bus stop directly outside the service station on the east side of Sukhumvit Road at the junction with Pattaya Klang. Every morning it is meant to arrive there at about 6 AM but it is better to be there about 5:30 AM.

It is a comfortable bus, although it might be standing room only for the first 30 minutes until all the naval personnel get off around Sattahip.

• Like 1

Yes, the big bus Pattaya-Trad now runs only once per day. As correctly stated it departs Pattaya Klang around 6am. The return journey departs Trat bus station at 12 noon. The fare is cheap and the ride is comfortable. No crazy tailgating and no long waits for NGV.

• Like 1

A few questions regarding the big bus to Trat:

At what time do you arrive in Trat if you take the 06:00 big bus from Pattaya?

Do the bus go past the koh Chang ferry station, or do you go direct to Trat and from there to the Ferry station by other means?

A few questions regarding the big bus to Trat:

At what time do you arrive in Trat if you take the 06:00 big bus from Pattaya?

Do the bus go past the koh Chang ferry station, or do you go direct to Trat and from there to the Ferry station by other means?

But you do have two choices!w00t.gif

You can get off the bus before you reach Trat bus station (just after the army checkpoint) and you will get the Orange coloured songthaew to the blue and white ferry which is a faster journey or you can stay on the bus until you reach Trat bus station and then you will board the blue coloured songthaew, which will take you to the green coloured ferry but it's a slow journey and the boat itself is old and decrepit.

First I like to thank for all the good info which came forward.

Yesterday I took a minivan from opposite Big C to Chantaburi at about 10 am. Couldn't make the 6 am bus as I live in Baan Ampher. I was lucky, the van driver was Ok and there were only 2 people besides me. Price 200 THB. Then in Chantaburi I switched to a blue white air con bus and took the ride to Trat ( 74 THB ). From there it was an over crowded mini bus to the border. Not so good...the driver was speeding ! Price : 120 THB.

All in all not bad, but I hope for the trip back I can take a bus from Trat all the way to Pattaya.

Greetings from Koh Kong.

• Like 1

Yesterday I took a minivan from opposite Big C to Chantaburi at about 10 am. Couldn't make the 6 am bus as I live in Baan Ampher. I was lucky, the van driver was Ok and there were only 2 people besides me. Price 200 THB. Then in Chantaburi I switched to a blue white air con bus and took the ride to Trat ( 74 THB ). From there it was an over crowded mini bus to the border. Not so good...the driver was speeding ! Price : 120 THB.

All in all not bad, but I hope for the trip back I can take a bus from Trat all the way to Pattaya.

Greetings from Koh Kong.

There is a minivan station in Ban Amphur. It's on the west side of the road just before the traffic lights. It's open from 8-5 or so and has a person sitting at a desk. I bet you could stop in there, reserve a seat, and have them pick you up just across the road? Just a thought....

Greetings from Koh Kong.

when i said earlier i dont like the operating style of minivan drivers.................sad.png i wondered if you read this ?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/782437-you-dead-yet-reckless-bangkok-van-driver-asks-upset-passenger-video/