Report on 90 Day Report - Phuket Town

JetsetBkk

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Immigration still near the intersection of beach road and bangla? I couldn't really tell from that street view view.

Arrrrghhh, I see what you mean with the street view view. You used to just be able to back out of street view and it would show you where you were on the map. No more it seems, which is less than helpful.

Here's a map view of the Patong Immigration Office: https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Phuket+Immigration+Office/@7.8954517,98.2992915,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x30503abce24d0c83:0x212e7e6cb803f0de?hl=en

It is on the beach road (Thaweewong) on the left hand side (beach side). It is past Bangla, or north of Bangla if you prefer.

Easiest way is to look for the McDonalds on the left hand side of the road. Once you see McDonalds it's the very next left you can make into a parking lot. The Patong Immigration Office is right there as you can see from the earlier Google street view.

Good luck!

I just did my 90-day reporting at the town today after the lunch break. No queue at all. Very fast in and out procedure.

there is parking at Patong immigration, take the small left soi right before immigration,

i park my civic there all the time

no problems,

get there at 9:50 am

Parking is not allowed there, barriers and no parking signs. Reserved parking only. Yes, I see folks trying to park there, but I prefer not to have any hassle and park elsewhere.

Well, this is what you have to work with at the immigration parking lot: https://goo.gl/maps/qt5qq

Room for motorcycle yes, car probably not. Probably best to park on Thaweewong Rd before you get to Soi Bangla as someone previously mentioned. Although if it were me I would park at the Jungceylon underground garage and walk down Bangla. But then I like walking. Parking a car is a bit of a challenge in Patong, especially that close to the beach.

I'll be going tomorrow and report what happens. Only have tomorrow and Wednesday left before the holidays. Eek! ohmy.png

Went today, parked on the beach accessible through the Immigration car park - next to the white pickup on the far right.

While I was waiting for the office to open, a farang just parked his car against the red and white kerb on the left, bold as brass.

Some people. rolleyes.gif

post-35489-0-16433000-1438102313_thumb.j

In and out in 5 minutes, no problems. I did tell the guy I tried to report online and all he could say was "Sometimes work, sometimes not", i.e. he didn't have a clue.

• 2 months later...

Went to Phuket town this time. Had to wait for the large American lady to finish persuading a woman and her daughter that she couldn't get an extension to her visa without a specific form completed by the Thai Language school that they were attending (yeah, right!).

After more than 5 minutes the Imm. Volunteer lady managed to get the woman and daughter to b*gger off and let other people get processed.

After that wait, I was in and out in 3 minutes. smile.png

• 2 months later...

Update: The black American lady immigration volunteer was on great form today biggrin.png It was pretty packed at 2:15 but a good relaxed atmosphere. In and out in about 10 minutes.

Took a photo of the notice on the window behind her:

post-35489-0-33763700-1452704529_thumb.j

Update: The black American lady immigration volunteer was on great form today biggrin.png It was pretty packed at 2:15 but a good relaxed atmosphere. In and out in about 10 minutes.

It took me 2 hours to get a 30 day extension. We were there at the same time.

I was pleased to see her to solving a hotel address problem of a backpacker girl. She did however said that it's still possible to get multiple entry visas at Laos. I thought those old type visas were scrapped some time ago?

It took me 2 hours to get a 30 day extension. We were there at the same time.

I was pleased to see her to solving a hotel address problem of a backpacker girl. She did however said that it's still possible to get multiple entry visas at Laos. I thought those old type visas were scrapped some time ago?

There no longer are double or triple entry tourist visas. The new one is called a Multi Entry Tourist Visa good for 6 months of entries I do believe, maximum stay 60 days per entry. And yes, she can be quite amusing at times!

attachicon.gif90 Day Reporting Process 2016s.jpg

Funny, before they changed the office all around and made all these new requirements, I didn't need anything for my 90 day report. They'd just stamp my old one with a new date!

And yes, she can be a hoot! I was there before Christmas and some kid was having a fit. She started laughing and said; Santa is bringing you a lump of coal!

• 2 weeks later...

How long before the actual 90 days click in can you do the report!

10 days before up to 7 days after ..

Not sure what you mean, but for reporting in person, you can go + or - 7 days from the report date (+ or - 6 to be safe rolleyes.gif)

For reporting online, see here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/799786-good-news-from-thai-immigration-90-day-report-is-now-possible-online/?p=10246398

Your very first 90 day report is due 90 days after your arrival date in Thailand.

Of course, if you don't stay in Thailand for 90 days you don't have to do anything. smile.png

Edit: LiK says 10 days before. I defer to his experience wink.png.

Edited by JetsetBkk

Not sure what you mean, but for reporting in person, you can go + or - 7 days from the report date (+ or - 6 to be safe rolleyes.gif)

For reporting online, see here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/799786-good-news-from-thai-immigration-90-day-report-is-now-possible-online/?p=10246398

Your very first 90 day report is due 90 days after your arrival date in Thailand.

Of course, if you don't stay in Thailand for 90 days you don't have to do anything. smile.png

Edit: LiK says 10 days before. I defer to his experience wink.png.

Just to be clear, you get 90 days from the day you report, not 90 days from the last stamp in your passport. So if you want another actual 90 best to do it on the day or day before it expires. Yes, they'll give you a few days after, but never have tried that in the over 10 years here dealing with them... It's best to be on time dress nicely and have your paperwork already to go!

It's best to do it online, assuming that your online application is accepted. Quite a bit of criteria to have accepted online which has been well discussed in many other topics so let's not get into it here. My last 90 dau online went through Ok, but the previous one I left too late (6 days before) and missed the window.

It's best to do it online, assuming that your online application is accepted. Quite a bit of criteria to have accepted online which has been well discussed in many other topics so let's not get into it here. My last 90 dau online went through Ok, but the previous one I left too late (6 days before) and missed the window.

Great online system! Works once in a while but only with Internet Explorer, which no one uses! I suppose I could install Windows on my MacBook Pro, but I've steered clear of that infection waiting to happen!

Just found this from the online front page Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days but not less than 7 days before the due date of notification

Well that didn't help me much. Accepting ok and clicking for online report form coming up ok and then when I start to fill in passport number 1,2 okay on 3 pling, its like the computer dont want to follow what I key in on the keyboard. Is there anyone who know if this is because of Microsoft edge or Norton Internet security?

I did my 90 day report today "offline" at Phuket Immigration and 12 days before deadline. Scary many people there but clearly most other reasons for their visits because when I got my queue number it was only 5 minutes wait and I was out of there.

I did my 90 day report today "offline" at Phuket Immigration and 12 days before deadline. Scary many people there but clearly most other reasons for their visits because when I got my queue number it was only 5 minutes wait and I was out of there.

thumbsup.gif Very similar to my experience... loads of people, but few doing the 90-day report. Done in 5 minutes once past the Immigration Volunteer, who is usually overworked.

^^ same yesterday .

Arrived 10.30 , photocopies of pp to volunteer to collect number.

Sat down , one number before me.

5 minutes later in the motor driving away .

But yes very busy , gold knows whatever they were all doing there

Edited by The Big Mango

What's the story in these local Immigration offices these days?

It appears the Thai staff sit on their backsides waiting to be hand fed all the extra paperwork that they now require, while an overworked volunteer vets every client to ensure everything will meet these exacting requirements of their lords and masters!

It appears the Thai staff sit on their backsides waiting to be hand fed all the extra paperwork that they now require, while an overworked volunteer vets every client to ensure everything will meet these exacting requirements of their lords and masters!

Exactly correct. Even at the main Immigration office in Phuket Town each officer has a lady assistant who does all the paperwork and computer searches.

Exactly correct. Even at the main Immigration office in Phuket Town each officer has a lady assistant who does all the paperwork and computer searches.

Must be some of the best paying jobs in Phuket. Those guys have been there years and will never retire.

Ker-ching.

• 6 months later...

Went for 90 day report on Friday about 10.30. Volunteer Roz was most pleasant & helpful by giving me "the dreaded form" & circling only 4 questions to answer. She also suggested making a copy to keep for future visits. That & a copy of front page in passport then a 2 minute wait to get the new report form in passport. The form was not looked at. Good to see immigration recycling paper. Once outside up to Jailbreak for a nice, cheap breakfast burger.

3 hours ago, Valentine said:

Went for 90 day report on Friday about 10.30. Volunteer Roz was most pleasant & helpful by giving me "the dreaded form" & circling only 4 questions to answer. She also suggested making a copy to keep for future visits. That & a copy of front page in passport then a 2 minute wait to get the new report form in passport. The form was not looked at. Good to see immigration recycling paper. Once outside up to Jailbreak for a nice, cheap breakfast burger.

Nice to read someone posting a positive report.