Report on 90 Day Report - Phuket Town

JetsetBkk

Went yesterday at 12.40pm. Only myself & one girl waiting but when the doors opened several people still managed to push in front of us. However, it then only took about 10 minutes once inside.

The online system appears to be working. I'll be doing it that way in a couple of months.

As the immigration officer told me the other day it only works if you entered Thailand within the last 2 years. For me it is much longer than that so the only way I can use the online registration is to go out & come back. It might explain why some people can do it online while others get the "contact immigration office" message.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went yesterday at 12.40pm. Only myself & one girl waiting but when the doors opened several people still managed to push in front of us. However, it then only took about 10 minutes once inside.

The online system appears to be working. I'll be doing it that way in a couple of months.

As the immigration officer told me the other day it only works if you entered Thailand within the last 2 years. For me it is much longer than that so the only way I can use the online registration is to go out & come back. It might explain why some people can do it online while others get the "contact immigration office" message.

Dämn! I was hoping that was only a rumour. That's definitely me out by about 10 years! I'll still give it a go and see what happens, though.

Good luck. I went there today. Was first in line. Pushed to 2nd. in line. Took 1 hour, because the fat bastard at desk 3 just sat there picking his nose and doing f all. Then he did 1, took 5 minutes, then waited another 15 minutes to do me. Got out at 9:30!

Just gave the 90 day day online reporting a whirl. Took my detals Ok and issued a PENDING report. I printed that out, see where it goes in another 24 hours.

Worked great. Email confirmation today. Printed out receipt. Painless. A great sucess.

Did you leave the country over the past 2 years?

Yes, Singapore last year. For sure that helps.gigglem.gif

Thanks for asking Somtam and thanks for replying LIK.

It would be VERY helpful if everyone who tries to do the online procedure reports whether it was a success or failure and (roughly - don't want to pry) how long they have been in the country.

I've been here over 10 years so I don't think it will work for me, given the two reports received about the number of years arrival data has been collected - one report of 2 years and one of 5 years.

From what I hear, immigration are actively encouraging 90 day reporting on line.

My report date is the 6th July and I did intend to go to the Patong office to do it.

Will give the on line method a try and if I don't get the confirmation by the 6th July, I'll head to Patong.

I entered in 2009. Doesn't work for me.

Oh dear. Did you get a specific response that indicated why it didn't work? eg. from the web site or from an email?

AND, have you done the "Registration Form for Owner of Residence" - I'm starting to wonder if that has any relevance as to whether the 90-day online application works or not.

Thanks guys. So 2009 no good, Jan 2011 no good, but 2014 OK. So it's possible that the "2 year" limit may be true.

Perhaps we can start a competition? Yay! laugh.png

"Who has the oldest Arrival/Departure Card (TM6) and got the on-line 90-Day report to work?"

Edited by JetsetBkk

Mine failed, but I was successful with a report for a friend who last entered in Dec 2010.

OK, so the current situation is:

Failed: 2009 and Jan 2011.

Success: Dec 2010 and 2014.

Something not quite right there. crazy.gif

But the Dec 2010 is encouraging. Maybe they are frantically updating the computers with peoples' entry dates that go back further in time.

(Although I can't really imagine anything happening "frantically" here.)

Went to Phuket town on Thursday to register my address and 90 days. Whilst registering my address I commented that I also had to do my 90 day after and the officer promptly said no problem I do it for you now.

Got both done and was out the door in about 20 mins.

Pretty happy.

The friend I got through had extended his retirement permit early this year. That may be why it worked.

Just a thought... when I got my extension done at the end of April, the girl typed a lot of stuff into the computer and printed out my new 90-day slip. I wonder if that means my "data" is in the computer system and the online reporting system will work for me?

(Clutching at straws here.)

biggrin.png

Oh well, I'll know in a month's time.

The friend I got through had extended his retirement permit early this year. That may be why it worked.

Just a thought... when I got my extension done at the end of April, the girl typed a lot of stuff into the computer and printed out my new 90-day slip. I wonder if that means my "data" is in the computer system and the online reporting system will work for me?

biggrin.png

An officer typed in all my data when they were still doing 90 day report upstairs so the straw analogy is likely true.

biggrin.png

I did my 7th or 8th retirement extension renewal in Feb and was automatically given a new 90 day report date for May

and my attempt at doing that May 90 day on line is the one that failed to get to the second page???

biggrin.png

I did my 7th or 8th retirement extension renewal in Feb and was automatically given a new 90 day report date for May

and my attempt at doing that May 90 day on line is the one that failed to get to the second page???

Buggerations. sad.png

There are a few restrictions on the 90 day online reporting system.

- You have to use IE

- You need to do in the first 7 days of the 15 day grace period.

- You can never have a late reporting in the past.

- Must have arrived in the country in the last 10 years. (i'm not 100% sure if the 10 years is correct)

If you are successful you will receive a confirmation number and a email when the 90 day reporting is approved.

After this you are able to print out the 90 day reporting slip which you put in your passport.

If you are not successful you will get a message that you have to contact the immigration office for your 90 day reporting.

Hopes this helps.