Dark Side Coffee Shop

d2g

Morning trip to central Pattaya for coffee and social exposure has become a burden and tunnel construction work next year will likely make it impossible.

Hoping for suggestions on dark side(ideally soi Kaotalo or Konoi)

Parking availability near shop and social atmosphere would be pluses.

Try "Wake Me Up" on Soi Khao Talo.

They also do pizza, lightly fried chicken and cakes. Try the slightly spicey chicken pieces ;o) and also their chocolate brownies and other cakes if they have them on the day.

Everything is baked/made fresh on the premises and it's owner operated. The owner is a qualified barista not just a coffee maker. She may not be baking on the day you visit but always great coffee and a lovely atmosphere with VERY reasonable pricing.

Check out: https://www.facebook.com/WMUCB

Edited by avander

So many places to choose from...there is a new branch of Sila Coffee Shop on Nern Plub Wan about 1.5 km up from Wat Suttawas on the left side, which serves cakes, coffee, and thai food. Air-con and free wifi. Near the top of Khow Noi there is a branch of Continental Bakery. There is also a branch of Coffee and Beer on Khow Noi just up from the RR tracks on the right side. Several small cafes near the top end of K. Noi too...just get in your ride on morning and have a look around.

I went to Holland Tulip the other day for the first time and was very pleasantly surprised. Nice place, nice ambience. They also do a daily lunch time special, which is a 3-course meal, incl. coffee for 199 Baht.

I know its a bit off the OP's track, but there are several, nice looking coffee shops which have sprung up lately on SCC road. I've not tried any of them, but as the good man said, get on your wheels and check'em out....

maybe you ought to buy a coffee machine and make coffee in the morning at home.
Or in place of coffee to drink vodka in the morning. I could keep you company. I would put a cap with earflaps, we would drink vodka with you and would sing communist songs.

That sounds like fun.smile.png

If I wasn't on the wagon these past four years I might be tempted to join you....

Or in place of coffee to drink vodka in the morning. I could keep you company. I would put a cap with earflaps, we would drink vodka with you and would sing communist songs.

Agree, I have pretty much given up on the gourmet coffee thing...US$3-4 a day just to get my caffeine fix! Now I just make my own lattes with good quality instant coffee (I know, an oxymoron) and a mug of milk in the microwave. Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Its not about the coffee.

I get cabin fever if I spend too much time at home.

So I like to go to a coffee shop in the AM to read the NY Times and Economist on tablet and hopefully have someone to talk to.

So far the Holland Tulip sounds like the best rec.

Now to find out how to get there from here without a GPS/guide.

d2g, the Holland Tulip is very easy to find. It is just about 100 meters west of the intersection of Soi Siam and Nongprue Road. That's the only intersection east of the railroad tracks that has a traffic light. It's on the south side of the road. If you're coming from Sukhumvit, it's best to park in across the road, in front of the shop houses on that side, and walk across the road to the Tulip.

I promise you that you will not be disappointed with this place. Clean, peaceful ambiance, and good quality food, desserts, and breads. Enjoy!

Its not about the coffee.

I get cabin fever if I spend too much time at home.

So I like to go to a coffee shop in the AM to read the NY Times and Economist on tablet and hopefully have someone to talk to.

So far the Holland Tulip sounds like the best rec.

Now to find out how to get there from here without a GPS/guide.

If you know your way to Soi Siam Country Club road it should be easy to find. If you come from the backside of Khao Noi/Talo down to Pattanakarn Road to Wat Sattuwas, continue north to the light controlled intersection (SSCC) and make a left there. Holland Cafe will be about 50 meters on your left.

If you don't know these back roads, go back to Sukhumvit (or the parallel railroad road) and turn onto SSCC. Drive down about 5 kilos to the aforementioned light controlled intersection. Holland will be just before it on the right. (This intersection is the one [and only] one on SSCC with lighted controls after Sukhumvit so don't worry you've passed Holland unless you get to these lights.)

• Like 1

Agree, I have pretty much given up on the gourmet coffee thing...US$3-4 a day just to get my caffeine fix! Now I just make my own lattes with good quality instant coffee (I know, an oxymoron) and a mug of milk in the microwave.

I'm no expert but it seems to me that the coffee beans is the best choicecoffee1.gif

That sounds great... do you have a samovar?

• Like 1

Maps to Holland Tulip Resort

OSM Google Here

I may have errored here. From other's description it sounds like the cafe is not inside the resort.

But you're close...only half a kilometer away. It can be confusing because of the similar name and same ownership. There used to be a resto at the resort. The last I heard from them, they closed it because of an inability to find and keep staff.

d2g, the Holland Tulip is very easy to find. It is just about 100 meters west of the intersection of Soi Siam and Nongprue Road. That's the only intersection east of the railroad tracks that has a traffic light. It's on the south side of the road. If you're coming from Sukhumvit, it's best to park in across the road, in front of the shop houses on that side, and walk across the road to the Tulip.

I promise you that you will not be disappointed with this place. Clean, peaceful ambiance, and good quality food, desserts, and breads. Enjoy!

It can sometimes be a bit noisy and the air-con is not strong but they are friendly and there is free wifi. The food quality has gone down allot from when they first opened but they are very strong in the bread and dessert cakes department. The Stammer Max is my go-to breakfast here.

Maps to Holland Tulip Resort

OSM Google Here

I may have errored here. From other's description it sounds like the cafe is not inside the resort.

But you're close...only half a kilometer away. It can be confusing because of the similar name and same ownership. There used to be a resto at the resort. The last I heard from them, they closed it because of an inability to find and keep staff.

Thanks for clearing that up.

That sounds great... do you have a samovar?

Sure i have a samovar. we can drink vodka from a samovar and the accordion sing communist songs. Bear will dance.
Why should we need coffee if we can drink vodka from a samovar in the morning ?
Edited by Vadmoscow79