age difference...

Crazy chef 1

Let's get real here for a moment. The majority of these young women are met where ? (A) a temple (cool.png University © Tesco Lotus or (D) A bar girl or massage shop girl. No common Thai girl would ever think of dating a foreigner more so if one is much older and can not speak Thai. What is left (D). If you paying someone to date or marry you ,you have a hooker. Plain and simple. That is why they are with you. It ain,t your good looks. Most foreigners are totally helpless without a bar girl in tow. Make an effort to learn the language and maybe you might find a good woman near you age to date. Otherwise you will just join the others who lost everything because they took the easy route, or you were never worth dating in the first place. Thailand is no different than your own country. Your just fooling yourself or not thinking clearly if you think it is any different here. No woman really wants to be with someone 20 , 30, 40 or 50 years older.

So true Jim.

Most of the guys I do, or used to know, are in some from of denial.

They imagine their life, young love, and little luk is so wholesome and delightful.

Rubbish...they met in a bar or ancillary occupation and pay a stipend.

The young women is in it for the cash.

How do I know? I understand the language and hear them openly talk about it.

As a result, I've distanced myself from these people.

I really wish I could find some more decent friends with genuine loves all in the same age group.

My wife is just under seven years from me in age. I'm early 40's.

Edited by Blackfox

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The older I get the larger the acceptable gap gets.....

There are also laws that need to be followed so as long as you are not breaking the law it is no ones business but your own.

I would bet the OP is perhaps 28 as an older man would not be as concerned about age difference as would a younger guy. When you are young, lets say 28, it is hard to imagine a big age difference because that would mean 25 years difference would make your gf 3 years old.

Your having a laugh.

You are drawing comparisons between celebrities and mediocre older men at best.

An old guy here gets a much younger girl by paying for it.

She is also lower class. Her family will accept that he will take care of her, and them.

Where I live mate, Thai families wouldn't dare have their daughter being courted by an old dude.....unless he is a celebrity; and I've never seen any expat celebrity farangs here.

Regarding another post about the older guys being cashed up to live well here in Thailand. <deleted>.

I see many of them on the bones of their arse, thinking of a high balcony because a return to their shitful life at home doesn't appeal.

Young guys have a difficult time staying here take note all the recent posts about ED visa. Old guys and young guys and guys in general pay for dinner. This is not new. I have daughters and they have husbands and the husbands pay for everything in three different countries. Not a new concept. It's why parents want the child to marry a doctor (you think I made that up?)

I know plenty of young guys who have no trouble staying here. Because they actually have jobs.

Your having a laugh.

She is also lower class. Her family will accept that he will take care of her, and them.

Where I live mate, Thai families wouldn't dare have their daughter being courted by an old dude.....unless he is a celebrity; and I've never seen any expat celebrity farangs here.

Regarding another post about the older guys being cashed up to live well here in Thailand. <deleted>.

I see many of them on the bones of their arse, thinking of a high balcony because a return to their shitful life at home doesn't appeal.

Young guys have a difficult time staying here take note all the recent posts about ED visa. Old guys and young guys and guys in general pay for dinner. This is not new. I have daughters and they have husbands and the husbands pay for everything in three different countries. Not a new concept. It's why parents want the child to marry a doctor (you think I made that up?)
I know plenty of young guys who have no trouble staying here. Because they actually have jobs.

And some of them are on decent wages, though most are on peanuts, at least that's my impression.

We are not supposed to be prejudiced and judgmental but there are some deluded old fools on here.

More than 10 years in this society then I'm sorry, you have bugger all in common.

She needs security (stipend), and you need to get a load away.

Be honest, you bought her.

10 years max.

Unless she is a Filipino English teacher with a masters degree.

Not all of us are so ugly we have to buy the ladies.

typo edit

Edited by WhamBam

btw chef, humans are mammals.

Mai Ben Rai, back to OP's question.

I'm 67 my Thai wife is 41.

My ex-wife is 65.

The connection, understanding and friendship I have with my present wife never had with my ex.

The sex life I have with my present wife never had with my ex.

I'm not going to speak about love, may be yes may be no, for both the present and ex, I was younger then I'm older now and more pragmatic than then.

Thai society has never expressed anything negative about our age difference.

Greek and English society are against our marriage.

According to my daughter that she is 33 I'm a paedophile marrying a woman 26 years younger than me.

I'm not really bothered.

I'm happy as I am and she seems to be happy with me.

If for one moment I realise that she can't stand me, I will go and she can have the house the car and everything else.

She's given me already the 7 happiest years of my life.

DITTO 67 here to 30 wife of 5 years of Bliss. My daughter of the same age wants her daddy happy no matter what. Not 1 satang went to my wifes family or ever will and my bachelor degreed wife agrees.

The older I get the larger the acceptable gap gets.....

There are also laws that need to be followed so as long as you are not breaking the law it is no ones business but your own.

I would bet the OP is perhaps 28 as an older man would not be as concerned about age difference as would a younger guy. When you are young, lets say 28, it is hard to imagine a big age difference because that would mean 25 years difference would make your gf 3 years old.

bet lost...read the topic(carefully) again,not just the OP...

Let's get real here for a moment. The majority of these young women are met where ? (A) a temple (cool.png University © Tesco Lotus or (D) A bar girl or massage shop girl. No common Thai girl would ever think of dating a foreigner more so if one is much older and can not speak Thai. What is left (D). If you paying someone to date or marry you ,you have a hooker. Plain and simple. That is why they are with you. It ain,t your good looks. Most foreigners are totally helpless without a bar girl in tow. Make an effort to learn the language and maybe you might find a good woman near you age to date. Otherwise you will just join the others who lost everything because they took the easy route, or you were never worth dating in the first place. Thailand is no different than your own country. Your just fooling yourself or not thinking clearly if you think it is any different here. No woman really wants to be with someone 20 , 30, 40 or 50 years older.

So true Jim.

Most of the guys I do, or used to know, are in some from of denial.

They imagine their life, young love, and little luk is so wholesome and delightful.

Rubbish...they met in a bar or ancillary occupation and pay a stipend.

The young women is in it for the cash.

How do I know? I understand the language and hear them openly talk about it.

As a result, I've distanced myself from these people.

I really wish I could find some more decent friends with genuine loves all in the same age group.

My wife is just under seven years from me in age. I'm early 40's.

Sorry but so many negative posts about one issue shouts OCD.

Your having a laugh.

And some of them are on decent wages, though most are on peanuts, at least that's my impression.

You might want to ask Soi Biker about his monthly budget.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If these young girls really liked older men, why aren't they all going out after older Thai men? Yes yes, i know, sometimes, very very occasionally, you will see a young Thai girl with an old Thai man, but it's nowhere near on the same numbers as Thai/westerner partnerships.

Why is that? alt=facepalm.gif>

Older Thai guys don't need to hang out (with you) in Pattaya.

You wouldn't catch me in Pattaya! Strange people.

Let's get real here for a moment. The majority of these young women are met where ? (A) a temple ( University © Tesco Lotus or (D) A bar girl or massage shop girl. No common Thai girl would ever think of dating a foreigner more so if one is much older and can not speak Thai. What is left (D). If you paying someone to date or marry you ,you have a hooker. Plain and simple. That is why they are with you. It ain,t your good looks. Most foreigners are totally helpless without a bar girl in tow. Make an effort to learn the language and maybe you might find a good woman near you age to date. Otherwise you will just join the others who lost everything because they took the easy route, or you were never worth dating in the first place. Thailand is no different than your own country. Your just fooling yourself or not thinking clearly if you think it is any different here. No woman really wants to be with someone 20 , 30, 40 or 50 years older.

I studied in a Thai uni and i can assure you: plenty of them are interested in western guys.

Also, Thai teachers are interested in western guys. Not to mention, buisiness women. And business owners. And farmers. And 7/11 staff.

Normal people all over Thailand are interested in westerners. They aren't all hookers, you know.

They say that someone's age is only a number. However, do you think it is acceptable for a man 40 and above to being with a 20 to 25 year old. What are they trying to prove. I know many will say who cares about what others think, which is a fair statement but does a 20 year old have the experience, knowledge and maturity to make for a long and sound relationship? I don't think so but many might say I am wrong.

I am 15 years older then my wife, but she is a middle aged women, who has the life experiences, knowledge and maturity to put up with a silly old B farang. The younger women have not yet lived, they have to grow up and enjoy life experiences, partying, enjoying the company of people their own age. Cannot imagine the younger women, 20 to say 25, in a truly serious relationship where the gap in ages is more than 15 years. Does anyone think such a relationship would last. I am not saying there may not be exceptions and anyone who has sustained such a relationship, then all I can say is, good on you.

You should also hear what Thais think of such relationships. They are polite and would not say anything to someone's face but what they say can be quite disparaging. I know because I have been out with a group of Thais and have heard some of their remarks. They have no problem saying anything in front of me because they know my wife and I and know that I understand what they say has no reference to our relationship.

Have you ever looked at some of these older men, who are with these very young women? They appear to be more like a grandfather or father then someone being in a serious relationship. But if that is their piece of cake, then fine, it certainly isn't mine.

Agree with you. But they do not tend to date western guys twice their age, that do not make an effort to learn Thai, or spend the majority of their time in farang bars.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If these young girls really liked older men, why aren't they all going out after older Thai men? Yes yes, i know, sometimes, very very occasionally, you will see a young Thai girl with an old Thai man, but it's nowhere near on the same numbers as Thai/westerner partnerships.

Why is that? alt=facepalm.gif>

Older Thai guys don't need to hang out (with you) in Pattaya.

You wouldn't catch me in Pattaya! Strange people.

Let's get real here for a moment. The majority of these young women are met where ? (A) a temple ( University © Tesco Lotus or (D) A bar girl or massage shop girl. No common Thai girl would ever think of dating a foreigner more so if one is much older and can not speak Thai. What is left (D). If you paying someone to date or marry you ,you have a hooker. Plain and simple. That is why they are with you. It ain,t your good looks. Most foreigners are totally helpless without a bar girl in tow. Make an effort to learn the language and maybe you might find a good woman near you age to date. Otherwise you will just join the others who lost everything because they took the easy route, or you were never worth dating in the first place. Thailand is no different than your own country. Your just fooling yourself or not thinking clearly if you think it is any different here. No woman really wants to be with someone 20 , 30, 40 or 50 years older.

I studied in a Thai uni and i can assure you: plenty of them are interested in western guys.

Also, Thai teachers are interested in western guys. Not to mention, buisiness women. And business owners. And farmers. And 7/11 staff.

Normal people all over Thailand are interested in westerners. They aren't all hookers, you know.

Your having a laugh.

You might want to ask Soi Biker about his monthly budget.

Not sure what this has to do with me. But since you ask, I'm pretty comfortable, thanks.

They say that someone's age is only a number. However, do you think it is acceptable for a man 40 and above to being with a 20 to 25 year old. What are they trying to prove. I know many will say who cares about what others think, which is a fair statement but does a 20 year old have the experience, knowledge and maturity to make for a long and sound relationship? I don't think so but many might say I am wrong.

I am 15 years older then my wife, but she is a middle aged women, who has the life experiences, knowledge and maturity to put up with a silly old B farang. The younger women have not yet lived, they have to grow up and enjoy life experiences, partying, enjoying the company of people their own age. Cannot imagine the younger women, 20 to say 25, in a truly serious relationship where the gap in ages is more than 15 years. Does anyone think such a relationship would last. I am not saying there may not be exceptions and anyone who has sustained such a relationship, then all I can say is, good on you.

You should also hear what Thais think of such relationships. They are polite and would not say anything to someone's face but what they say can be quite disparaging. I know because I have been out with a group of Thais and have heard some of their remarks. They have no problem saying anything in front of me because they know my wife and I and know that I understand what they say has no reference to our relationship.

Have you ever looked at some of these older men, who are with these very young women? They appear to be more like a grandfather or father then someone being in a serious relationship. But if that is their piece of cake, then fine, it certainly isn't mine.

Each to their own. I can't judge your wife or your relationship with her, as I don't know you or her. What makes you think you can judge other people? Sanctimonious posts like yours are fairly typical but say more about you than the people you are judging.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

You are one boring <de-fookinggg-leted> <koont> .(TBh I only got to however in the above & decided to make a massive assumptionwhistling.gif ) My glass eye has just fell asleep . joopjoop xxx

Totally agree with you. Yea what i have been told by the Thais they do not think highly of the majority of these older guys that can not even count to five in Thai. No good Thai woman would want to date nor marry a foreigner that spends the majority of his time either in bars or drinking himself silly day after day. They had enough bad experiences with drunk Thai men. Why would they want a repeat of the same ? MONEY! MONEY! MONEY! nothing more.

Not sure what this has to do with me. But since you ask, I'm pretty comfortable, thanks.

Sorry. Maybe I have you mixed up with someone else. I thought you were one of the guys who went on and on about how good life was on 12,000 baht a month.

Totally agree with you. Yea what i have been told by the Thais they do not think highly of the majority of these older guys that can not even count to five in Thai. No good Thai woman would want to date nor marry a foreigner that spends the majority of his time either in bars or drinking himself silly day after day. They had enough bad experiences with drunk Thai men. Why would they want a repeat of the same ? MONEY! MONEY! MONEY! nothing more.

I know a thousand old guys in Thailand who don't drink. I met my first bar girl in Thailand when I was 22 and she wanted money. I met my first good Thai girl in Thailand when I was 22 and she wanted money. I met my first wife in Canada when I was 16 and she wanted money.

God there are some sanctimonious old and young farts on here ,going on about how younger women only marry older men for money ,or that only bar girls will marry westerners and all the other old tripe ,Also the"i speak Thai" brigade who "know" what Thai people think of these marriges , well you 'KNOW' jack shit , every relationship is different ,my wife and i actually know a well off woman who works for a major company at a "mid" level who would love to meet a western man ,so its not only poor Isaan girls that want this . not everyone is the same and just because some two week millionairs come over here and fall for the first working girl they meet does not mean that the thousands of us who have lived and worked here for years go the same route ,

Edited by i claudius

Sorry. Maybe I have you mixed up with someone else. I thought you were one of the guys who went on and on about how good life was on 12,000 baht a month.

You must be thinking of someone else.

I am 70 and my wife is 48. She is not just very beautiful, and makes me feel younger. She is the best thing that happens in my life, and I was married 3 times before with women in my age or older. My Thai wife, with her younger attitude, sense of humor, her care, and her and her family Buddhist philosophy of life, is making my life better than ever.....No more intense exchanges, no more drama....no more BS....

Thainess?....If it is just that......it is wonderful!

Why is that?facepalm.gif

How many 50+ Thai guys do you see with 25- Thai girls? I have, perhaps, noticed this once or twice in over 5 years.

Personally, i think 10 years is fine up until about 50. Then, 15 years is probably ok.

Away from Pattaya I used to see quite a lot of older Thai men with younger Thai women. Some were 'mia noi'.

I used to see them in Thai restaurants frequented by very few foreigners.

Whatever the reason for these younger women to be hooked up with older guys is, it does happen.

wow! where are these guys ? In twenty years i have met five. guess i need to see them at church every Sunday. guess you must be meeting the wrong women. Married at 16 ? yikes ! well that might be part of the problem.

I know a thousand old guys in Thailand who don't drink. I met my first bar girl in Thailand when I was 22 and she wanted money. I met my first good Thai girl in Thailand when I was 22 and she wanted money. I met my first wife in Canada when I was 16 and she wanted money.

wow! where are these guys ? In twenty years i have met five. guess i need to see them at church every Sunday. guess you must be meeting the wrong women. Married at 16 ? yikes ! well that might be part of the problem.

???did i miss something?

70 and 48 i would say you likely have something in common. 70 , 38 , 28, 18 just plain creepy.

I am 70 and my wife is 48. She is not just very beautiful, and makes me feel younger. She is the best thing that happens in my life, and I was married 3 times before with women in my age or older. My Thai wife, with her younger attitude, sense of humor, her care, and her and her family Buddhist philosophy of life, is making my life better than ever.....No more intense exchanges, no more drama....no more BS....

Thainess?....If it is just that......it is wonderful!

Read it again.

Where does it say he was married at 16?

Read it again.

Where does it say he was married at 16?

Good eye.

To meet men who don't drink try the I drink too much forum on Thai Visa and I didn't say married at 16 I said met at 16 and I paid for dinner the movies and ice cream.