age difference...

Crazy chef 1

We are not supposed to be prejudiced and judgmental but there are some deluded old fools on here.

More than 10 years in this society then I'm sorry, you have bugger all in common.

She needs security (stipend), and you need to get a load away.

Be honest, you bought her.

10 years max.

I would say bugger all in common between most foreigner and Thai, relative age and sex not relevant.

Edited by BritManToo

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that means to have to be watching her 24/7 . Where is the leash ? Sounds like a great partnership .Shes just counting down the days before you keel over. So your paying for a 24/7 hooker ?

and the moment you leave her Thai boyfriend will be knocking on your door.

That is the whole point of what I was writing about. The old guys don't have to leave. They have money and visas and can stay.

It is the young guys who when they leave to go to work or whatever the Thai boyfriend comes knocking on the door.

sounds like a great partnership. She has a walking ATM and he has a sex slave. something to be proud of.

We are not supposed to be prejudiced and judgmental but there are some deluded old fools on here.

More than 10 years in this society then I'm sorry, you have bugger all in common.
She needs security (stipend), and you need to get a load away.
Be honest, you bought her.

10 years max.

I would say bugger all in common between most foreigner and Thai, relative age and sex not relevant.

So that means to have to be watching her 24/7 . Where is the leash ? Sounds like a great partnership .Shes just counting down the days before you keel over. So your paying for a 24/7 hooker ?

Relationships are never easy as I'm sure you will find out someday. Cross cultural relationships add another hurdle in an already difficult process. My wife likes me home at night and at her side when we sleep and there when she wakes up. When the dog barks in the middle of the night she likes me to go and check on the problem. When a scorpion sneaks into the garden she calls me to take care of it.

My pension stops when I die so my wife has another practical reason to wish me a long life.

I don't see anything wrong with hookers although my wife is an engineer I would not love her less regardless of her employment or education.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think you hit the nail on the head. Once again my question is. Where did he meet her ? And can he speak a word of Thai? Like the picture of the farang. Where is the empty beer bottle ?

I met my wife at the mall. I speak Thai. She is an engineer. Neither one of us drinks. I think you will find large groups of Western men in Thailand who speak Thai and don't drink.

JJ you are stereotyping a bit too much. A lot of older men who come to Thailand can't drink because of health problems and learn Thai as a hobby or to keep their minds active.

He's not stereotyping any more than you are with your tired old assertions about old men having money and younger guys being forever on the brink of destitution.

Do you think all the cut-price booze and meal deals at pubs catering to the nutritionally-homesick Westerner are aimed at young people? Like hell!

Do you think all those agents willing to deposit 800K in a Thai savings account for 3 months so old boys can qualify for retirement visas are going out of business? Like hell!

Most old guys here are just one unexpectedly expensive electric or medical bill away from having to piss off home - enshrined retirement visa or not - so stop pretending that old men are at the top of the farang pecking order in this country. A younger guy with coin blows the whole lot of you out of the water

sounds like a great partnership. She has a walking ATM and he has a sex slave. something to be proud of.

JJ ... I'm going to pull you up on that.

The comment is way out of line.

You don't know them ... you are just generalising.

Bit high and Mighty to be hurling lightening bolts from the Moral High Ground.

sport-god-heaven-heavenly-lightning_bolt

Funny how all the oldies are usually on here moaning about being a "walking atm" and the woes of being involved with their partner's family, and then as soon as the topic of being with a woman young enough to be your daughter, and some, comes up they all start saying how wonderful life is.

Go figure.

good observed...

Setting aside the age difference question for a moment...

Would just like to say that people who make sweeping generalizations about Thais and foreigners having nothing in common are saying more about themselves than they are about Thais.

An intelligent, curious, open person can always find things in common with another person.

Its always been like this. If youre famous/celebrity its ok to have a big age gap. If youre poor its not. Normal people are simply jealous of you having a young wife/gf. Look at following celebrities and tell me if you ever heard anyone say something about their age difference.

Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart. Harrison is 72 and Calista is 49. Age Gap: 23 years.

Sam Taylor-Johnson and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Sam is 47 and Aaron is 24. Age Gap: 23 years.

Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Michael is 69 and Catherine is 44. Age Gap: 25 years.

Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Jason is 47 and Rosie is 27. Age Gap: 20 years.

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. Johnny is 51 and Amber is 28. Age Gap: 23 years.

George Clooney and Amal 18 Years

Dominic Purcell and AnnaLynne Mccord. Dominic is 44 and AnnaLynne is 27. Age Gap: 17

Bennett Miller and Ashley Olsen. Bennett is 47 and Ashley is 28. Age Gap: 19 years.

Your having a laugh.

You are drawing comparisons between celebrities and mediocre older men at best.

An old guy here gets a much younger girl by paying for it.

She is also lower class. Her family will accept that he will take care of her, and them.

Where I live mate, Thai families wouldn't dare have their daughter being courted by an old dude.....unless he is a celebrity; and I've never seen any expat celebrity farangs here.

Regarding another post about the older guys being cashed up to live well here in Thailand. &lt;deleted&gt;.

I see many of them on the bones of their arse, thinking of a high balcony because a return to their shitful life at home doesn't appeal.

Edited by Blackfox

Funny how all the oldies are usually on here moaning about being a "walking atm" and the woes of being involved with their partner's family, and then as soon as the topic of being with a woman young enough to be your daughter, and some, comes up they all start saying how wonderful life is.

Go figure.

good observed...

I find the great majority of "she done me wrong stories" on Thai visa are from young guys. Or young guys continually putting up the same old video about the one retired guy who went wrong.

Your having a laugh.

She is also lower class. Her family will accept that he will take care of her, and them.

Where I live mate, Thai families wouldn't dare have their daughter being courted by an old dude.....unless he is a celebrity; and I've never seen any expat celebrity farangs here.

Regarding another post about the older guys being cashed up to live well here in Thailand. <deleted>.

I see many of them on the bones of their arse, thinking of a high balcony because a return to their shitful life at home doesn't appeal.

Young guys have a difficult time staying here take note all the recent posts about ED visa. Old guys and young guys and guys in general pay for dinner. This is not new. I have daughters and they have husbands and the husbands pay for everything in three different countries. Not a new concept. It's why parents want the child to marry a doctor (you think I made that up?)

<

He's not stereotyping any more than you are with your tired old assertions about old men having money and younger guys being forever on the brink of destitution.

Do you think all the cut-price booze and meal deals at pubs catering to the nutritionally-homesick Westerner are aimed at young people? Like hell!

Do you think all those agents willing to deposit 800K in a Thai savings account for 3 months so old boys can qualify for retirement visas are going out of business? Like hell!

Most old guys here are just one unexpectedly expensive electric or medical bill away from having to piss off home - enshrined retirement visa or not - so stop pretending that old men are at the top of the farang pecking order in this country. A younger guy with coin blows the whole lot of you out of the water

And you in Alaska would know............rolleyes.gif ...............coffee1.gif

Alaska??!!

OK I guess you can make allowances for brain fade in someone who was around when Tutankhamen was being mummified

Your having a laugh.

Regarding another post about the older guys being cashed up to live well here in Thailand. <deleted>.

Young guys have a difficult time staying here take note all the recent posts about ED visa. Old guys and young guys and guys in general pay for dinner. This is not new. I have daughters and they have husbands and the husbands pay for everything in three different countries. Not a new concept. It's why parents want the child to marry a doctor (you think I made that up?)

The most popular thematic on here is that older guys retire here because it is cheap.

Many are on fixed incomes , limited budgets, they have no option about working and moving on as I am sure many would if younger.

Foreigners who come here at not wealthy..being cashed up does not come to mind when reading about all the related issues on here, most of which come from being married to someone from a rural poor background..they don't marry doctors they in the main marry poor ( generally) uneducated women and just read the issues that come with that.

I don't want daughter to be married to a doctor I want and have Ensured that she is educated and so that they can become independent and don't need the husband to pay...that's a modern concept.

As for the age difference...honestly the emotional maturity is a chasm...

My daughter who is 22 thinks anyone above 30 is old...not a new biological concept.

However on one point I will agree age is irrelevant to be screwed over here..

Gary Glitter?

David Carradine?

I know about Garry Glitter ... but was Grasshopper also up to mischief.

Say it wasn't so.

I don't want daughter to be married to a doctor I want and have Ensured that she is educated and so that they can become independent and don't need the husband to pay...that's a modern concept.

Hope you don't mind the cut/edit I just wanted to answer one part of your post.

My daughter (BS MIT) was dating two guys. A. Doctor, last year med school. B. Tattooed cook who made those gang things with his fingers in photos.

post-187908-0-60665900-1417864193_thumb.

Edited by thailiketoo

If these young girls really liked older men, why aren't they all going out after older Thai men? Yes yes, i know, sometimes, very very occasionally, you will see a young Thai girl with an old Thai man, but it's nowhere near on the same numbers as Thai/westerner partnerships.

Why is that?facepalm.gif

How many 50+ Thai guys do you see with 25- Thai girls? I have, perhaps, noticed this once or twice in over 5 years.

Personally, i think 10 years is fine up until about 50. Then, 15 years is probably ok.

If these young girls really liked older men, why aren't they all going out after older Thai men? Yes yes, i know, sometimes, very very occasionally, you will see a young Thai girl with an old Thai man, but it's nowhere near on the same numbers as Thai/westerner partnerships.

Why is that?facepalm.gif

How many 50+ Thai guys do you see with 25- Thai girls? I have, perhaps, noticed this once or twice in over 5 years.

Personally, i think 10 years is fine up until about 50. Then, 15 years is probably ok.

You are not supposed to see them. They are called mia nois. All the Thai men I know have at least one.

Why is that?facepalm.gif

Older Thai guys don't need to hang out (with you) in Pattaya.

Hope you don't mind the cut/edit I just wanted to answer one part of your post.

My daughter (BS MIT) was dating two guys. A. Doctor, last year med school. B. Tattooed cook who made those gang things with his fingers in photos.

cool- the old gang MS13- dam'n we had a good time...heck the doc..

Let's get real here for a moment. The majority of these young women are met where ? (A) a temple (cool.png University © Tesco Lotus or (D) A bar girl or massage shop girl. No common Thai girl would ever think of dating a foreigner more so if one is much older and can not speak Thai. What is left (D). If you paying someone to date or marry you ,you have a hooker. Plain and simple. That is why they are with you. It ain,t your good looks. Most foreigners are totally helpless without a bar girl in tow. Make an effort to learn the language and maybe you might find a good woman near you age to date. Otherwise you will just join the others who lost everything because they took the easy route, or you were never worth dating in the first place. Thailand is no different than your own country. Your just fooling yourself or not thinking clearly if you think it is any different here. No woman really wants to be with someone 20 , 30, 40 or 50 years older.

Edited by Jungle Jim

There is a 20 year age difference between me and my wife,

I look a lot younger than I am and some times the wife acts more mature than me , so it works. We have being together for over 10 years , married for seven and love each other very much.By now we are so used to each other that we dont perceive any age difference.

Last year during a routine medical examination, a heart valve congenital abnormality was discovered that required surgery, I am fine now but this event forced me to confront my mortality, and consider the fact that I will be dying well before my wife does, and that I will be leaving her along to fend for her self. I have done the best that I can to provide for her after my eventual demise,

But non the less, the thought of leaving my wife along, provides me with a degree of stress, that I have not as of yet come to terms with.

Also I dread the prospect of having my wife endure my eventual deterioration that old age will bring.

I know, very morbid thinkingsad.png , but it is a honest concern of mine.

So for that reason along I wish I had married closer to my age

Let's get real here for a moment. The majority of these young women are met where ? (A) a temple (cool.png University © Tesco Lotus or (D) A bar girl or massage shop girl. No common Thai girl would ever think of dating a foreigner more so if one is much older and can not speak Thai. What is left (D). If you paying someone to date or marry you ,you have a hooker. Plain and simple. Thai is why they are with you. It ain,t your good looks. Most foreigners are totally helpless without a bar girl in tow.

Hows things in Scunthorpe............OK.....?.....thumbsup.gif

Oh I get it; you think that if a man isn't here on a retirement visa, then he's gotta be posting from some rain-sodden hell hole in the West

LOL

How totally lame must you be if you hold up the fact that you made it to 50 and qualified for a retirement visa as some sort of massive achievement? Do the bar girls go crazy when you flash a laminated copy of your visa extension down the local dive?

Not everyone without a goat-cheese pension is skint, mate.

Not everyone without a retirement visa is living on borrowed time in the Kingdom.

Let's get real here for a moment. The majority of these young women are met where ? (A) a temple (cool.png University © Tesco Lotus or (D) A bar girl or massage shop girl. No common Thai girl would ever think of dating a foreigner more so if one is much older and can not speak Thai. What is left (D). If you paying someone to date or marry you ,you have a hooker. Plain and simple. Thai is why they are with you. It ain,t your good looks. Most foreigners are totally helpless without a bar girl in tow.

Just someone might marry an ex-prostitute, doesn't mean she is still a prostitute after they marry. You must be very new to Thailand, or have led a rather sheltered life here, if you think that marriages and relationships with ex-prostitutes can never work.

Don't know where you live but get out of there for a day or so and take a look at the real Thailand. Maybe an industrial estate town or an place where there are factories or production facilities of some sort or oil and gas refineries. Take a look at the ladies waiting for the bus in the morning wearing the factory uniforms they rank from hourly wage earners to salaried supervisors.

Take a look at the teachers in a government school and if you can walk there is a teacher meant for you, so I've seen. Try a hospital and meet the nursing staff, no they are not difficult to meet.

I have to buy a computer part tomorrow so I'll go to a large tech area where there are hundreds of stores selling electronic equipment and thousands of store clerks.

Every Thai town has English schools with Thai teachers teaching English and Thai. The teachers have to eat - ask them out for lunch or dinner.

I have the utmost respect for taxi drivers from both America and the UK.

Jim I think you may be stereotyping people a bit too much.

Edited by thailiketoo

they very rarely do in any country. It all goes back to money. not someone i would want to take home to mom and dad. Been married and live here twenty years. I think i understand a few things about the bar girls and the men they have to deal with.

Just someone might marry an ex-prostitute, doesn't mean she is still a prostitute after they marry. You must be very new to Thailand, or have led a rather sheltered life here, if you think that marriages and relationships with ex-prostitutes can never work.

they very rarely do in any country. It all goes back to money. not someone i would want to take home to mom and dad. Been married and live here twenty years. I think i understand a few things about the bar girls and the men they have to deal with.

I know all about the people who have been living here for 20 years and they are not someone I would want to take home to momma. Gosh, can you imagine what happens to a man who has lived in Thailand for 20 years?