Retirement

I'm considering Pattaya as one of the potential places for my retirement (5 years from now). I'm interested in hearing from people who have already retired in Pattaya, particularly on how you spend your time there. This would provide me with a better idea on the types of activities available to retirees there. Thanks for your input.

I'm considering Pattaya as one of the potential places for my retirement (5 years from now). I'm interested in hearing from people who have already retired in Pattaya, particularly on how you spend your time there. This would provide me with a better idea on the types of activities available to retirees there. Thanks for your input.

You want me to explain what to do in PTY??? :D I always thought that the PTY activities where world famous!!! :o

:D

Apart from the obvious - there is plenty to do in and around Pattaya. If you're into golf, there are dozens of courses in the area, and much cheaper than those in the West. There is a large British ex-pat community here, so things that Brits do at home can also be found here. There are quiz leagues, darts leagues and pool leagues. You can also play Lawn Bowls. The Internet and participation in discussion groups like this one are also good ways to fill your time.

I am a Brit and I've been retired here for over 4 years - I honestly don't know how I found the time to go to work when I was working! Go for it - you won't regret it. :o

Apart from the obvious - there is plenty to do in and around Pattaya. If you're into golf, there are dozens of courses in the area, and much cheaper than those in the West. There is a large British ex-pat community here, so things that Brits do at home can also be found here. There are quiz leagues, darts leagues and pool leagues. You can also play Lawn Bowls. The Internet and participation in discussion groups like this one are also good ways to fill your time.

I am a Brit and I've been retired here for over 4 years - I honestly don't know how I found the time to go to work when I was working! Go for it - you won't regret it. :D

are you bringing you wife with you or are you planning to find one here?? :o:D:D:D

I am a Brit and I've been retired here for over 4 years - I honestly don't know how I found the time to go to work when I was working! Go for it - you won't regret it. :o

This is pretty spot on, as long as you keep yourself busy with all or some of the above it is a great non boring life here. :D

I have no idea how I fitted work into my day back when I used to own a suit and tie.

Now we are building a house as if I don't have enough to do already...