" no sell beer for father's day"

willyumiii

Very disrespectful. I hope that both of them are sentenced to lengthy jail terms. I have to question whether the man was really Thai and not a foreigner himself. I really can't imagine a real Thai showing that level of disrespect on such an important day.

Edited by farang000999

In the four or so bars I dropped into last night (home by 9pm for the wowsers out there), only one made any mention of this and even then it was only the Thais in that bar who were 'forbidden' from drinking beer. They drank Spy instead - when I pointed out that Spy contains alcohol, I was reminded that 'it not beer !', so I'm a little lost as to what the point of the exercise was. In another bar in Soi Made in Thailand, surrounded by mostly blacked-out and deserted bars, the owner did a roaring trade courtesy of a group of drinkers I'd previously had very little contact with in the bars - Russian men. As I said, home by 9pm ;)

IME, the Thais have a very practical approach to holidays like this - they burn their candles and have the official telecast blaring on the TV, but ultimately the sale of alcohol is a matter between them and the police - other than a couple of instances earlier in the year where the Army stepped in, it seems like business as normal in Pattaya. I was initially a little shocked when a few of the bars on Buakhow opened on Visacha Bucha Day but life goes on.

• Like 1

it seems that officially, by law it is not a dry day BUT the real lawmakers, the BIB (or army?) decided otherwise so in my area even the 7-11 beer case was locked and the local mom and pop, wrapped my can in newspaper and said not to drink it in front of the shop.

• Like 1

Very disrespectful. I hope that both of them are sentenced to lengthy jail terms. I have to question whether the man was really Thai and not a foreigner himself. I really can't imagine a real Thai showing that level of disrespect on such an important day.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzcoffee1.gif

• Like 2

This is sarcasm.... right ??
  • Like 1

You're joking, right? You're not really that naive?? I could take you all over Thailand and show you "levels of disrespect" that would curl your toes. Not all Thais are brainless robots, you know. There is great diversity out there regarding [things we can't discuss here].

• Like 1

You're joking, right? You're not really that naive?? I could take you all over Thailand and show you "levels of disrespect" that would curl your toes. Not all Thais are brainless robots, you know. There is great diversity out there regarding [things we can't discuss here].

Maybe I'm thick but I'm not at all sure what you're on about. Lengthy jail sentence for selling a few beers.

Maybe you can elaborate on your comments ???

Just wondering. Cheers..... Mal.

This is sarcasm.... right ??

Education is a slow and painful process, but diligence and perseverance will pay off in the long run.

Maybe I'm thick but I'm not at all sure what you're on about. Lengthy jail sentence for selling a few beers.

Maybe you can elaborate on your comments ???

Just wondering. Cheers..... Mal.

2 /10. Must try harder. Please see my previous post.

SC

Funny story - 5555

Never understood the sort of desperation sometimes exhibited by expats at the shocking prospect of a day without alcohol. Gasp!

I don't drink myself, but my guests often do - thus the few times I was in Thailand during dry holidays, I made sure to stock up my fridge with plenty of beers, and Bacardi breezers, so that there'd be no hassle on the dry days.

Are some people really that non-efficacious when it comes to planning a day or two ahead? 7-11, two cases of beers, two cases of breezers, done.

I am sorry your imagination is so limited.

I am also sorry that you are so judgmental.

I also find it hard to believe that you do not know how common it is for Thais to ignore this law.

Do you get out often, or do you just live behind your keyboard?

This is a true story.

To bad you don't find it as humorous as most of us do.

• Like 1

I also doubt he was a real Thai, because a real Thai would have known that it is allowed to sell alcohol on fathers day.

May be it is that you are Thaier than Thais?

Edited by Anthony5

Bogus! Obviously photoshopped.

enuff said

~

No, not "enuff" ( i prefer enough ) said!

Do you even know what "photo shopped" is?

If you can prove that you do, I would be happy to make you a wager that it is not photoshopped!

I took the photo myself and it is genuine.

Thanks for the bogus input!

I played a round of golf yesterday

Then had a Heineken with the guys at the country club. ( at CRMA)

Went for a ride later and had a beer with a group of people from AFAPS.

It was a quiet night but almost every place was open.

Well yeah most places in bkk bars ect were not selling alcohol, as i took note earlier in the day the 711 had the doors tied up, and when i left the gym and headed to dinner on 33 i mistakenly asked for a beer with dinner but then changed to a water as it was refused. I was quite happy to have an alcohol free day and an early night. After some shopping for basics i noticed that of the 2000 baht id taked out with me in the morining, i still had 1200 :D

didnt stop the two homeless guys in my soi getting a few long necks down em and partying on in the soi. Fathers day probably brings up a few issues for them. Im sure they would have bought them not from the 711 they were sitting at but the small thai owned convenience store opposite the temple. Myself, i had an alcohol free day.

I am glad not to be so respected, loved and revered!

I would not be happy if there were laws against buying beer on my Birthday!

My good friend Leo usually attends all of my parties!

But, that's just me! 555post-147745-0-96991600-1417838514_thumb.

*** this was not photoshopped"" 555

• Like 2

I am glad not to be so respected, loved and revered!

I would not be happy if there were laws against buying beer on my Birthday!

My good friend Leo usually attends all of my parties!

But, that's just me! 555attachicon.gifDSCF8172.JPG

*** this was not photoshopped"" 555

that is truly the way to drink leo ice and a beer mug... im getting thirsty. Favourite of mine. Id better go to the gym and run some arrands first or it might become lunchtime ritualsmile.png