Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Silly comments to make before a trial but if the family and British police are happy with the investigation then it is probably time for the conspiracy theorists to let this one go.

Let's not forget that there are plenty of scummy Burmese as well as scummy Thais on these islands.

This is a smack in the face for all the crackpot conspiracy theorists and Thai hating extremists. Exactly the opposite to what they want to hear.

I wouldn`t be surprised if the crackpots try to push that the family are involved in a conspiracy with the Thai police next.

It should be obvious to anyone with at least more than 2 brain cells that the family are in knowledge of details and reports that have not been made public as yet, and as I have said in previous threads, I am saving my judgements until this case is concluded.

So your saving your judgment until the case is concluded. So why do you post "This is a smack in the face for all the crackpot conspiracy theorists....."

Are you the inventor of the term 'foot in mouth'?

Edited by scorecard

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grandstand Quarter Backs are alive and well on TV.

Last week you were patting yourselves on the back about keeping this alive to make sure the world was aware of the great injustice and thankful to the social media for making it happen. Now however, it seems maybe the world will be aware of all the insightful people on TV that have the uncanny ability to read between the lines and draw what in their minds are the actual facts. Maybe this will bring home the message that without adequate, if any at all, training on crime detection that traps should be kept shut. I will admit that I do not have a lot of trust in the integrity of the RTP but just because they lack integrity does not automatically mean they lack ability.

Now today, I see that many of you even know what the parents are thinking. Shame on you, don't you know when to shut it.

Are the boys guilty as charged? I don't know and neither do you so maybe it's best to just put a sock in it and let the trial take it's course to a conclusion whatever that may be.

Not YOUR JOB to tell people when to "SHUT IT" this is a VISA people have a right to express opinions - if you dont like it go and finish reading the Sun!!

I have read that comment over many times. It actually supports neither side. It does say the b2 have a lot of difficult questions to. Something we all know. It does recognize and thank amnesty international for their help.it says the brit police have been asked to withhold private information and let the thai courts proceed with their justice.it is correct that the brit should not publish a finding that may or may not be in conflict with the thai court.

At no time does it say the b2 seem to be guilty.

Going by this report. It seems all information is in the right hands. There is nothing more for us to do.

I still believe the b2 innocent

You are correct the statements from the victims families is very well worded but they want the truth and the B2 To be given a fair trial , now it will be up to the defence to put up a very strong argument and they may win and prove these that these boys are not Guilty.

Then the police will have to start a complete new investigation and the the real killers will be found.

I don't think these boys are guilty either and will wait until accused guilt is beyond reasonable doubt .

Credit to (https://twitter.com/Atomicalandy)

STATEMENTS FROM FAMILY OF KOH TAO CASE VICTIMS

Both families call for a 'fair and transparent' trial for the accused and justice to be done in the case. It's an important beneficial statement that also supports the work the defense team are doing here in Thailand. Our aim is to ensure a fair trial and justice in the case.

Here are the statements from both Familys .... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152642326445677&id=675065676&ref=bookmark

"It's an important beneficial statement that also supports the work the defense team are doing here in Thailand. Our aim is to ensure a fair trial and justice in the case." Quote

To all the posters here having a go at the "conspiracy theorists" on this thread, try to read the above slowly!!

If the parents really had faith in the RTP, I doubt very much, they would be supportive of the defense team!!

They are simply being polite!!

By supporting the defense, they are really saying, that they don't believe in the evidence presented by the RTP!!

Do you have no shame? All of us can read the entire statement, taking it out context to perpetuate what they are specifically asking not be done is just downright shameful.

Edit: And like much of the conspiracy theorist and theories like the above -- it is just dishonest based on the entirety of their statements. You are actually trying to say their statement says " they don't believe in the evidence presented by the RTP!"

Again I say, shameful.

Where do they state they are confident that the RTP have the right culprits and why was the statement issued on their behalf and mot by them directly?

I'm willing to bite the sour apple, if we hear this directly from the British investigators or parents.

If they do have the right culprits then I'm happy for the families but I doubt anyone here would ever trust Thai authorities where face matters more than transparency and justice.

It's only natural to express doubt to a rotten and archiac system.

You're insinuations are outright ludicrous and highly inappropriate, but this could be because you never have been a very good student, possibly dyslectic or otherwise impaired, or simply never bothered to pay much attention in class. Nevertheless, here's part of Hannah's family's statement once more:

"UK detectives travelled to Thailand last month to observe and review the murder case of our precious Daughter Hannah, and also that of David Miller. We would like to thank the officers who travelled to Thailand to review the case and the Royal Thai Police for facilitating their visit.

Since their return we have been able to meet with these officers together with our family liaison officers to learn about the investigation. There is a great deal of detail and vast areas of investigative work which has been shared with us. We respect the need for such detail not to be shared publically before Royal Thai Police start their trial process.

We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. Current news reporting is causing undue distress to our family.

We ask as a family, as we have throughout, that we are afforded privacy and that Hannah and David are afforded their dignity during this time of immense pain and difficulty.

Our thoughts, as always, are with the Miller family. Together we stand united and focused on seeing a fair and transparent trial process to bring about justice for our beautiful children.

THE FAMILY OF HANNAH WITHERIDGE

The family of David Miller say they are united in their grief with the Witheridge family and also back the police investigation"

May I suggest that the administrators heed the family's request to respect their privacy ",and that Hannah and David are afforded their dignity during this time of immense pain and difficulty" and therefore filter out the hideous comments on this thread, or better even, call an end to it altogether.

Edited by Impossible

When one reads the statement it is a classical political bucket full of nothing and one can read into the comments whatever one wishes to read and interpret as you wish.

There is no clear statement that says or actual comments that the family are happy with the investigation that the U.K police made into the crime or the investigation methods which the Thai police used.

There is no comment concerning the evidence or the actual presumed guilt of the accused.

Do not think that this matter is over yet,

Edited by siampolee

To all those that have been writing outrageous negative staements about the Thai police these past weeks regarding this investigation I pray you don't have to use their services in the future as you should get little to no help from them for being such <deleted>.

You know who you are!!!

There is nothing wrong with being skeptical of what is being done but some have really taken it way to far. You sound like the biggest <deleted> in the US, John Hannity, everytime he talks.

"I pray you don't have to use their services in the future as you should get little to no help from them"

I doubt getting much help from them anyway. So the best is not to use their "service"

I have read that comment over many times. It actually supports neither side. It does say the b2 have a lot of difficult questions to. Something we all know. It does recognize and thank amnesty international for their help.it says the brit police have been asked to withhold private information and let the thai courts proceed with their justice.it is correct that the brit should not publish a finding that may or may not be in conflict with the thai court.

At no time does it say the b2 seem to be guilty.

Going by this report. It seems all information is in the right hands. There is nothing more for us to do.

I still believe the b2 innocent

You are correct the statements from the victims families is very well worded but they want the truth and the B2 To be given a fair trial , now it will be up to the defence to put up a very strong argument and they may win and prove these that these boys are not Guilty.

Then the police will have to start a complete new investigation and the the real killers will be found.

I don't think these boys are guilty either and will wait until accused guilt is beyond reasonable doubt .

Dream on, the verdict is guilty! How can they rebut matching DNA? They cannot! So again YES, the evidence appears to be powerful and convincing because that is exactly what a DNA match is: powerful and convincing! Put on top of that some circumstantial RTP crap and your verdict will & can only be guilty!

I will say this a 100 times, if Scotland yard did not do independent DNA testing on the bodies (if it was still possible) against fresh B2 samples EVERYTHING else is meaningless, unless of course suddenly we have credible eyewitnesses.

Edited by Krenjai

When one reads the statement it is a classical political bucket full of nothing and one can read into the comments whatever one wishes to read and interpret as you wish.

There is no clear statement that says or actual comments that the family are happy with the investigation that the U.K police made into the crime or the investigation methods which the Thai police used.

There is no comment concerning the evidence or the actual presumed guilt of the accused.

What part of "We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes..." is hard to understand?

Last week you were patting yourselves on the back about keeping this alive to make sure the world was aware of the great injustice and thankful to the social media for making it happen. Now however, it seems maybe the world will be aware of all the insightful people on TV that have the uncanny ability to read between the lines and draw what in their minds are the actual facts. Maybe this will bring home the message that without adequate, if any at all, training on crime detection that traps should be kept shut. I will admit that I do not have a lot of trust in the integrity of the RTP but just because they lack integrity does not automatically mean they lack ability.

Now today, I see that many of you even know what the parents are thinking. Shame on you, don't you know when to shut it.

Are the boys guilty as charged? I don't know and neither do you so maybe it's best to just put a sock in it and let the trial take it's course to a conclusion whatever that may be.

Not YOUR JOB to tell people when to "SHUT IT" this is a VISA people have a right to express opinions - if you dont like it go and finish reading the Sun!!

Whose job is it? As you said people have a right to express opinions. I expressed mine but you say I don't have the right. There is probably more truth in the Sun than all the concocted stories on TV. You all just feed off each other to cook up ridiculous scenarios and won't let go no matter what. Your worse than Pit Bull Terriers. But you all know best so just carry on.

May I suggest that the administrators heed the family's request to respect their privacy ",and that Hannah and David are afforded their dignity during this time of immense pain and difficulty" and therefore filter out the hideous comments on this thread, or better even, call an end to it altogether.

The families don't have to read this forum. You have no right to censor a discussion or posting oppinions. You should log off this forum. Then you can be happy.

I just hope the families haven't been reading the absolute crap that went on for thousands of posts from the conspiracy theorists on here and if not grizzly photos then the description of the crime scene in graphic detail.

I said it before and I will say again shame on all of you that know as much about this case as me and that's f&$K all.

Bloody disgraceful!

I for one agree with you,

How would a journalist have interviewed the parents of these questions.

Beyond that, to make a statement like this would be considered prejudicial to a case just about anywhere in the world, and as such until there is a second direct quote that they actually said this first hand, I don't believe they said this.

Until other wise, I am believing that the Thais have interpreted and regurgitated answers.

Seems odd that these parents would release statements simultaneously with nothing at all from the UK detectives, which raises the question that the statements may be part of a law enforcement misinformation strategy designed to provoke implicating behavior from persons of interest. Then again, it could be that the statements are nothing more than face value.

I just hope the families haven't been reading the absolute crap that went on for thousands of posts from the conspiracy theorists on here and if not grizzly photos then the description of the crime scene in graphic detail.

I said it before and I will say again shame on all of you that know as much about this case as me and that's f&$K all.

Bloody disgraceful!

I for one agree with you,

And I agree with you too.

AlecG post # 314.

What part of "We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes..." is hard to understand?

So please inform us where it is stated that the evidence produced and I will stress the word ''produced'' unshakeble?

I had the duty of running press conferences on certain matters in the past concerning ongoing investigations and the results to date we were making into illegal matters and believe you me that which was stated was indeed very open to interpretation as to its contents.

The issue of a D notice would alter the contents so as said content was somewhat ambiguous.

Beyond that, to make a statement like this would be considered prejudicial to a case just about anywhere in the world, and as such until there is a second direct quote that they actually said this first hand, I don't believe they said this.

Until other wise, I am believing that the Thais have interpreted and regurgitated answers.

Seems odd that these parents would release statements simultaneously with nothing at all from the UK detectives, which raises the question that the statements may be part of a law enforcement misinformation strategy designed to provoke implicating behavior from persons of interest. Then again, it could be that the statements are nothing more than face value.

Is it painful to straddle both sides of the fence?

Whose job is it? As you said people have a right to express opinions. I expressed mine but you say I don't have the right. There is probably more truth in the Sun than all the concocted stories on TV. You all just feed off each other to cook up ridiculous scenarios and won't let go no matter what. Your worse than Pit Bull Terriers. But you all know best so just carry on.

Well I agree with rethaier, that we don't know all the facts, and from day one I have believed the 2 BB did this crime, but the BIB went around it the wrong way to get to the truth, by torture, or bullshitting what ever you want to call it, but I think it was them, that is my opinion and many more on this forum, they are 2 sides to every story, and sometimes we only get to see half of one side

AlecG post # 314.

So please inform us where it is stated that the evidence produced and I will stress the word ''produced'' unshakeble?

I had the duty of running press conferences on certain matters in the past concerning ongoing investigations and the results to date we were making into illegal matters and believe you me that which was stated was indeed very open to interpretation as to its contents.

The issue of a D notice would alter the contents so as said content was somewhat ambiguous.

Putting aside the diversionary nonsense I ask again:

I bolded and underlined the part of your post my question refers to, to make things easier to answer.

Is it painful to straddle both sides of the fence?

Guess a city lad wouldn't understand how to use a gate.

cookee68 post # 324.

Well I agree with rethaier, that we don't know all the facts, and from day one I have believed the 2 BB did this crime, but the BIB went around it the wrong way to get to the truth, by torture, or bullshitting what ever you want to call it, but I think it was them, that is my opinion and many more on this forum, they are 2 sides to every story, and sometimes we only get to see half of one side

Partly right but in truth there are three sides to this case .

The accused persons side.

The prosecutions side

The truth.

You're insinuations are outright ludicrous and highly inappropriate, but this could be because you never have been a very good student, possibly dyslectic or otherwise impaired, or simply never bothered to pay much attention in class. Nevertheless, here's part of Hannah's family's statement once more:

"UK detectives travelled to Thailand last month to observe and review the murder case of our precious Daughter Hannah, and also that of David Miller. We would like to thank the officers who travelled to Thailand to review the case and the Royal Thai Police for facilitating their visit.

Since their return we have been able to meet with these officers together with our family liaison officers to learn about the investigation. There is a great deal of detail and vast areas of investigative work which has been shared with us. We respect the need for such detail not to be shared publically before Royal Thai Police start their trial process.

We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. Current news reporting is causing undue distress to our family.

We ask as a family, as we have throughout, that we are afforded privacy and that Hannah and David are afforded their dignity during this time of immense pain and difficulty.

Our thoughts, as always, are with the Miller family. Together we stand united and focused on seeing a fair and transparent trial process to bring about justice for our beautiful children.

The family of David Miller say they are united in their grief with the Witheridge family and also back the police investigation"

"UK detectives travelled to Thailand last month to observe and review the murder case of our precious Daughter Hannah, and also that of David Miller. We would like to thank the officers who travelled to Thailand to review the case and the Royal Thai Police for facilitating their visit."

It is very clear from the above statement that they are thanking the RTP for facilitating the visit of the UK team that travelled to Thailand.

"Since their return we have been able to meet with these officers together with our family liaison officers to learn about the investigation. There is a great deal of detail and vast areas of investigative work which has been shared with us. ."

The great details and vast areas of investigative work could refer to the work of the RTP. Or it could just as easily be about the work done by the UK team.

"We respect the need for such detail not to be shared publically before Royal Thai Police start their trial process."

This is a rather interesting choice of words. Is the family talking about the details that the UK team has shared with them? Or details that the RTP has made public? If it's the former, one would imagine that some of these details might have such impact to have the case thrown out of court. If so, it would be in the family's interest for these details to be kept confidential until the appropriate time.

"We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes ..."

Is this a reference to the work carried out by the RTP? Or by the UK team?

".... and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. Current news reporting is causing undue distress to our family"

It could be that current news reporting is skirting very close to the truth. If so, this could be detrimental to the truth being ever disclosed and for the real culprits to be caught.

I knew it. See, even the victims families agreed that those muslim workers illegal foreigners from the poor countries next door are the murders.

The Rakhine (ethnic group of the Burmese kids) are almost always Buddhist. Buddhists typically (though, of course there are exceptions) have greater respect for human life than Christians or Muslims.

With all respect to the grieving parents:

- Did someone (with some appropriate authority) put all the evidence in front of the parents to read and then ask the parents for a comment?

- Do the parents know how to evaluate the evidence and know how it might be challenged in legal terms, and then come up with a word like 'convincing'?

What is clear is they have A LOT more information and insight into the evidence than any of us as do the UK police who briefed them on the case and the family clearly has a MUCH MUCH MUCH greater interest in seeing this case concluded with the right people responsible standing trial and they believe there is ample evidence indicating these are the right guys.

Good and truthful comment up until .......and they believe there is ample evidence indicating these are the right guys.............what gives you the right to come out with a comment like that...................how the hell do you know what they believe

The statement from the parents clearly indicates they believe there is ample evidence for these guys to stand trial ... you might try actually reading and repeating a full sentence instead of quoting a partial one out of context. Maybe I should do that too and just stop at the fact you say my post was a "Good and truthful comment"

There is a lot of cognitive dissonance evident in the posts of this thread. Those who believe (like myself) that the RTP is framing the Burmese kids find it very difficult to accept that the families are satisfied ,so far, with the work of the RTP. However, the endorsement (of the FO drafted statement) by the families states that quite clearly. On the other side, those who were previously convinced of the B2's guilt are presenting the statement as irrefutable endorsement of their views and clear proof that the B2 are guilty. The statement neither states, nor even implies, any such thing, though it certainly does suggest there is quite enough evidence (given trust of the RTP) for an indictment.

Use your head --- only one police department investigated the case and are involved in filing and bringing charges. The UK police just reported on and examined the Thai investigation and evidence the Thai police already collected. The statement is very clear in showing gratitude to the Thai police for letting the UK police review the case and to the UK police for doing so and reporting directly back to the parents about the strength and credibility of the case.

attachicon.gifDislike.jpg.................................Nowhere in either report do they use the term.........strength and credibility of the case.

"The evidence against them appears to be powerful and convincing." Isn't that close enough???? http://crimeandjustice.co.uk/2014/12/05/thailand-murder-investigation-statements-on-behalf-of-families-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller/

I have read this part of their statement many many times and I can read it several ways, in that the evidence is irrefutable and they're guilty as sin, or that the evidence presented by the RTP is powerful and convincing because it has to be!!

I have not read anywhere where they have thanked the RTP for a conclusive and swift and outstanding investigation that has resulted in the guilty having been detained and let justice prevail.

I don't know about anyone else but the lack of acknowledgement towards the RTP speaks volumes to me. Don't forget it was the RTP who posted the horrendous photos in their personal Facebook pages. ?

Did they express anger at the persons responsible for killing their children? Does this mean they must not be angry at those responsible? Since they didn't say the Thai police did a crappy job should we assume they did a great one?

Please stop the nonsense. They released a statement which was geared largely towards making people stop the nonsense and allow the case to play out and hopefully silence some of the nonsense by expressing confidence in the evidence against the accused. They wrote and said what they wanted to communicate -- so please stop the BS. They didn't say a lot but being rational people they thought they said what needed to be said to accomplish what seemed like a clear goal -- Their goal wasn't to have internet detectives now find hidden meanings in their words or actually hidden meanings in words they never used.

Your response just proved the point that people interpret things differently ?

Edited by Fat Haggis

Credit to (https://twitter.com/Atomicalandy)

STATEMENTS FROM FAMILY OF KOH TAO CASE VICTIMS

Both families call for a 'fair and transparent' trial for the accused and justice to be done in the case. It's an important beneficial statement that also supports the work the defense team are doing here in Thailand. Our aim is to ensure a fair trial and justice in the case.

Here are the statements from both Familys .... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152642326445677&id=675065676&ref=bookmark

"It's an important beneficial statement that also supports the work the defense team are doing here in Thailand. Our aim is to ensure a fair trial and justice in the case." Quote

To all the posters here having a go at the "conspiracy theorists" on this thread, try to read the above slowly!!

If the parents really had faith in the RTP, I doubt very much, they would be supportive of the defense team!!

They are simply being polite!!

By supporting the defense, they are really saying, that they don't believe in the evidence presented by the RTP!!

Do you have no shame? All of us can read the entire statement, taking it out context to perpetuate what they are specifically asking not be done is just downright shameful.

Edit: And like much of the conspiracy theorist and theories like the above -- it is just dishonest based on the entirety of their statements. You are actually trying to say their statement says " they don't believe in the evidence presented by the RTP!"

Again I say, shameful.

Where do they state they are confident that the RTP have the right culprits and why was the statement issued on their behalf and mot by them directly?

I'm willing to bite the sour apple, if we hear this directly from the British investigators or parents.

If they do have the right culprits then I'm happy for the families but I doubt anyone here would ever trust Thai authorities where face matters more than transparency and justice.

It's only natural to express doubt to a rotten and archiac system.

Wow, half of your post was filled with rant and personal attacks and the other half of it you posted the said statement and didn't point out exactly where my statement was wrong.

May I suggest a more sensible approach next time you try to attack a poster. Obviously at your school they didn't teach you logical thinking or common sense.

Edited by maxme