Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Lite Beer

john you are correct about the seamen. i have been at crime scenes in uk and it was just something i observed from the start with the way too many individuals were allowed on to the crime scene at the beginning. im not having a go at the RTP involving the investigstion of the case. As you and jd have been saying all along we dont know all the evidence.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea that two little Burmese guys could subdue, and then drag David Miller into the sea and drown him while Hannah sat on the beach and waited to be raped and murdered stretches my imagination to breaking point.

This is the main thing that gets me. Im wondering the scenario where this could happen. We have heard from the official statement that he was hit from behind when on Hannah.

Then what happened? Hannah screams? Why has he got hand injuries indicating a fight? How did he get the facial injuries?

I will feel more at ease when the trial reveals this.

No respect. Still speculating wildly.

FYI. The parents asking for privacy is aimed at the mainstream media. Cant seen them logging in to Thai Visa to see what we all think but climb upon your high horse anyway!

If Thailand's police had a reputation for being honest they would not come under the so much scrutiny.

Scrutiny is one thing, nonsense, spreading unfounded or dishonest information, baseless conspiracy theories along with purposely misleading people to believe such BS is another. The results of this nonsense may be similar to the boy who cried wolf when scrutiny is needed in the future. ie. the nut jobs are at it again.

What a bunch of hypocrites many posters are here!!

Yesterday the RTP, JD and JTJ were the enemy and ridiculed by most here!!

And then today, after a loosely worded statement from a couple of laypeople, almost everyone turn on a dime!!

The RTP becomes competent policeforce, JD and JTJ gloating in post after post, supported by their new friends!!

No my friends, this case stinks and has done so from day one!! IMO it is still a cover up for someone, who paid big money.

Only evidence presented and publicized at the trial will make me change my mind!! Until then I will believe that the B2 are indeed scapegoats.

This has got nothing to do with lack of respect for the victims parents, they have my deepest sympathy. But just like me I believe, they want to see the real culprits convicted!!

The familly want closure which is fully understandable.I never beleived that the UK detectives would get to the root of this , after all they were just observing and not investigating.Either it´s a question of extremely shoddy communication on behalf ogf the RTP or it´s a deal done between the 2 Governments for business and trade reasons beyond our boundries.Still a lot of unanswered questions and until or if they are ever answered we will never know.

Another conspiracy theory.

The idea that two little Burmese guys could subdue, and then drag David Miller into the sea and drown him while Hannah sat on the beach and waited to be raped and murdered stretches my imagination to breaking point.

This is the main thing that gets me. Im wondering the scenario where this could happen. We have heard from the official statement that he was hit from behind when on Hannah.

Then what happened? Hannah screams? Why has he got hand injuries indicating a fight? How did he get the facial injuries?

FYI. The parents asking for privacy is aimed at the mainstream media. Cant seen them logging in to Thai Visa to see what we all think but climb upon your high horse anyway!

More disinformation to support prolonging the nonsense?

"In the meantime however, we ask that the speculative theories circulating on social media are not taken as fact. These interpretations are based on incomplete evidence and substantial conjecture".

Not true and specifically addressed by the family.

The familly want closure which is fully understandable.I never beleived that the UK detectives would get to the root of this , after all they were just observing and not investigating.Either it´s a question of extremely shoddy communication on behalf ogf the RTP or it´s a deal done between the 2 Governments for business and trade reasons beyond our boundries.Still a lot of unanswered questions and until or if they are ever answered we will never know.

No evidence, no witnesses. no DNA

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hmmmm, family is happy.. Wonder when all these people will start shouting, they were bribed to say it........

The Trolls are already say this. whistling.gif

I can only assume you are speaking about what you have and not what the RTP investigation has. Which they shared with the UK police who then shared their findings with the families.

And then today, after a loosely worded statement from a couple of laypeople, almost everyone turn on a dime!!

The RTP becomes competent policeforce, JD and JTJ gloating in post after post, supported by their new friends!!

No my friends, this case stinks and has done so from day one!! IMO it is still a cover up for someone, who paid big money.

Only evidence presented and publicized at the trial will make me change my mind!! Until then I will believe that the B2 are indeed scapegoats.

This has got nothing to do with lack of respect for the victims parents, they have my deepest sympathy. But just like me I believe, they want to see the real culprits convicted!!

When are you going to stop spreading and suggesting untruths?

Who even hinted or said anything remotely close to you making such as statement as "The RTP becomes competent policeforce, JD and JTJ gloating in post after post, supported by their new friends!!"

You have stated the masses were behind you for believing completely unfounded conspiracy theories just as your treating those of us as "enemies" for trying to point out actual facts. So now you are unhappy that most people are coming back to reality after getting a glimpse of what they asked for?

The report said the families back the police investigation,

which police are they talking about, the Thai or the UK's? blink.png

Use your head --- only one police department investigated the case and are involved in filing and bringing charges. The UK police just reported on and examined the Thai investigation and evidence the Thai police already collected. The statement is very clear in showing gratitude to the Thai police for letting the UK police review the case and to the UK police for doing so and reporting directly back to the parents about the strength and credibility of the case.

Better to print the whole statement not the edited and spun version from the newspapers, if people still continue to bicker after reading this then shame on you, from either side of the fence

Date: 6 December 2014 06:34:17 GMT+9

Subject: Family statements: Issued on behalf of the families of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller

Family statements: Issued on behalf of the families of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller

Statement from the family of Hannah Witheridge

UK detectives travelled to Thailand last month to �gobserve and review�h the murder case of our precious Daughter Hannah, and also that of David Miller. We would like to thank the officers who travelled to Thailand to review the case and the Royal Thai Police for facilitating their visit.

Since their return we have been able to meet with these officers together with our family liaison officers to learn about the investigation. There is a great deal of detail and vast areas of investigative work which has been shared with us. We respect the need for such detail not to be shared publically before Royal Thai Police start their trial process.

We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. Current news reporting is causing undue distress to our family.

We ask as a family, as we have throughout, that we are afforded privacy and that Hannah and David are afforded their dignity during this time of immense pain and difficulty.

Our thoughts, as always, are with the Miller family. Together we stand united and focused on seeing a fair and transparent trial process to bring about justice for our beautiful children.

Statement from the family of David Miller

We would like to express our relief that progress is being made in Thailand and this case is finally coming to court.

We would like to reiterate our gratitude to the UK Metropolitan Police, who received the co-operation of the Royal Thai Police in undertaking an independent review into the investigation.

The evidence collected by the Royal Thai police will be presented at court and we hope the suspects are granted a fair and transparent trial. We are thankful of the over-sight of pressure groups such as Reprieve and Amnesty.

In the meantime however, we ask that the speculative theories circulating on social media are not taken as fact. These interpretations are based on incomplete evidence and substantial conjecture.

The increasing sensationalism of this story in the media is emotionally hurtful to us and appears to be wide of the mark.

The support for the Myanmar suspects has been strong and vocal, but please do not jump to conclusions until you have considered the evidence from both sides in full.

From what we have seen, the suspects have a difficult case to answer. The evidence against them appears to be powerful and convincing. They must respond to these charges, and their arguments must be considered with the same scrutiny as those of the prosecution.

Please remember that this is above all a story of two wonderful young people, David and Hannah, killed in the prime of their lives in a senseless and brutal way.

Further speculation should be put aside until all the evidence is made public and appropriate conclusions can be drawn.

We remain united with the Witheridge family in our shared grief.

Ian Sue and Michael Miller

Note to Editors

1. The family request privacy and no direct contact from the media at this time.

Newsdesk

Media Office l Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Do you have a link to this original release? Seems like the news sites picked this up from a press release ... "Newsdesk - Media Office l Foreign and Commonwealth Office "

its from Andy Hall but do not have original from FCO https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152642326445677&id=675065676&ref=bookmark

Thanks for that link -- looks like it was an email sent out by the FCO. Not familiar with the UK, you think they might have a public site where they might post these kind of press releases?

When are you going to stop spreading and suggesting untruths?

Who even hinted or said anything remotely close to you making such as statement as "The RTP becomes competent policeforce, JD and JTJ gloating in post after post, supported by their new friends!!"

You have stated the masses were behind you for believing completely unfounded conspiracy theories just as your treating those of us as "enemies" for trying to point out actual facts. So now you are unhappy that most people are coming back to reality after getting a glimpse of what they asked for?

I have no idea what "most people" think.

I do know that those posters who thought that the RTP did indeed have the killers in custody have been shouted down and called names, and have been accused of being paid to post.

Average posters don't want to deal with that and have posted once or twice then left the discussion after the abuse piled on them.

I have found that many of the conspiracy theorists have nothing good to say about Thais or Thailand and I think they have an axe to grind.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I just hope the families haven't been reading the absolute crap that went on for thousands of posts from the conspiracy theorists on here and if not grizzly photos then the description of the crime scene in graphic detail.

I said it before and I will say again shame on all of you that know as much about this case as me and that's f&$K all.

Bloody disgraceful!

The 'absolute crap' I am assuming is inclusive of the social media sources as well as the unevaluated statements from officers involved (or not) in the case?

IMHO, this case highlights both the need to keep information of a specific case restricted to a 'need to know' basis (ie, no independent interviews and comments from police sources) and the control of speculation on certain social media outlets.

Both of the above damage the case to an extent where the evidence is flawed before even getting into the courtroom.

To clarify, I am all for freedom of speech, but also understand that nor everyone, at their whim, is entitled to all the facts whenever they wish. Some things need to be kept out of the public domain.

Edit: SP, I am totally in agreement with your post, I had initially misread what you actually said. Apols..................wai.gif

I'm amazed that people seemed to have thought that Plod would have torpedoed this investigation by releasing their report before the trial.

Why as well does anyone think they also would have found the RTP wanting ? Anyone who has ever been audited by outside agencies knows full well that you make sure everything is in order so that NOTHING gets picked up as matters of concern, the RTP for all their faults will have been instructed likewise.

Of course the evidence presented is overwhelming and they need to answer to it, they have had the prosecutor throw the case back at them 4-6 times saying it wasn't good enough, read into that whatever way you like.

Those criticising the theorists are just as guilty in their responses for keeping the subject alive and interesting and responding to it when they could easily have ignored the contents. It takes two people to make a conspiracy alive, a believer and a doubter ?

As for the stuttering parrots comments ? well he needs to take a look in the mirror as some of his comments about the Junta in the more political and sensitive threads he's very critical of organisations and people. Glass houses spring to mind ?

The report said the families back the police investigation,

which police are they talking about, the Thai or the UK's? blink.png

Use your head --- only one police department investigated the case and are involved in filing and bringing charges. The UK police just reported on and examined the Thai investigation and evidence the Thai police already collected. The statement is very clear in showing gratitude to the Thai police for letting the UK police review the case and to the UK police for doing so and reporting directly back to the parents about the strength and credibility of the case.

So now the victim families and/or UK police are liars too along with all the entities in Thailand involved in the conspiracy to cover up for a family they police publicly accused early on as they did others including the victim's farang friend? Or is it more likely you are trolling or just completely clueless of the case? Either way, you seem to rate using the ignore function.

Better to print the whole statement not the edited and spun version from the newspapers, if people still continue to bicker after reading this then shame on you, from either side of the fence

Date: 6 December 2014 06:34:17 GMT+9

Subject: Family statements: Issued on behalf of the families of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller

Family statements: Issued on behalf of the families of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller

Statement from the family of Hannah Witheridge

UK detectives travelled to Thailand last month to �gobserve and review�h the murder case of our precious Daughter Hannah, and also that of David Miller. We would like to thank the officers who travelled to Thailand to review the case and the Royal Thai Police for facilitating their visit.

Since their return we have been able to meet with these officers together with our family liaison officers to learn about the investigation. There is a great deal of detail and vast areas of investigative work which has been shared with us. We respect the need for such detail not to be shared publically before Royal Thai Police start their trial process.

We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. Current news reporting is causing undue distress to our family.

We ask as a family, as we have throughout, that we are afforded privacy and that Hannah and David are afforded their dignity during this time of immense pain and difficulty.

Our thoughts, as always, are with the Miller family. Together we stand united and focused on seeing a fair and transparent trial process to bring about justice for our beautiful children.

Statement from the family of David Miller

We would like to express our relief that progress is being made in Thailand and this case is finally coming to court.

We would like to reiterate our gratitude to the UK Metropolitan Police, who received the co-operation of the Royal Thai Police in undertaking an independent review into the investigation.

The evidence collected by the Royal Thai police will be presented at court and we hope the suspects are granted a fair and transparent trial. We are thankful of the over-sight of pressure groups such as Reprieve and Amnesty.

In the meantime however, we ask that the speculative theories circulating on social media are not taken as fact. These interpretations are based on incomplete evidence and substantial conjecture.

The increasing sensationalism of this story in the media is emotionally hurtful to us and appears to be wide of the mark.

The support for the Myanmar suspects has been strong and vocal, but please do not jump to conclusions until you have considered the evidence from both sides in full.

From what we have seen, the suspects have a difficult case to answer. The evidence against them appears to be powerful and convincing. They must respond to these charges, and their arguments must be considered with the same scrutiny as those of the prosecution.

Please remember that this is above all a story of two wonderful young people, David and Hannah, killed in the prime of their lives in a senseless and brutal way.

Further speculation should be put aside until all the evidence is made public and appropriate conclusions can be drawn.

We remain united with the Witheridge family in our shared grief.

Ian Sue and Michael Miller

Note to Editors

1. The family request privacy and no direct contact from the media at this time.

Newsdesk

Media Office l Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Do you have a link to this original release? Seems like the news sites picked this up from a press release ... "Newsdesk - Media Office l Foreign and Commonwealth Office "

its from Andy Hall but do not have original from FCO https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152642326445677&id=675065676&ref=bookmark

Thanks for that link -- looks like it was an email sent out by the FCO. Not familiar with the UK, you think they might have a public site where they might post these kind of press releases?

Normally here https://www.gov.uk/search?q=thailand thats where the previous press release is for the summoning of the Thai diplomat but cant see this one there yet?

I just hope the families haven't been reading the absolute crap that went on for thousands of posts from the conspiracy theorists on here and if not grizzly photos then the description of the crime scene in graphic detail.

I said it before and I will say again shame on all of you that know as much about this case as me and that's f&$K all.

Bloody disgraceful!

The 'absolute crap' I am assuming is inclusive of the social media sources as well?

IMHO, this case highlights both the need to keep information of a specific case restricted to a 'need to know' basis (ie, no independent interviews and comments from police sources) and the control of speculation on certain social media outlets.

Both of the above damage the case to an extent where the evidence is flawed before even getting into the courtroom.

To clarify, I am all for freedom of speech, but also understand that nor everyone, at their whim, is entitled to all the facts whenever they wish. Some things need to be kept out of the public domain.

Agree. The biggest blunder police made in the case was trying to keep people informed and being too confident. This case was solved fairly quickly but any case like this in any place is going to have police chasing the wrong suspects and thinking somebody is involved they discover isn't and they are going to have completely wrong information early on --- the difference is that police in many other places wouldn't make any of these early beliefs known and would keep their mouth shut about suspects until the confirmed and typically made an arrest.

It really amazes me how many people use as proof early comments by police to fuel conspiracy theories while disregarding the information and statements as they evolved after further investigation. While the police certainly should have kept their mouth shut, there is also no excuse for people being so obtuse and latching onto to one thing police say as gold and then ignoring all the other facts and statements since nothing they say can be trusted.

I feel for the parents but clearly their comments are being used as propaganda. The issue of "evidence" is unfortunately one that relies entirely on the trust of the Police here. Evidence can be planted and confessions forced, other leads ignored so no evidence exists to undermine the narrative. To then put all of this before the parents to me is just odd unless the UK investigators were willing in some very odd way and in good conscience give this case the stamp of approval, which is EXACTLY what their silence is now being used to do in Thailand. It would seem to me that the idea the UK police could show up on a tropical island, surely not speaking that language, or having a clue about how corruption and power operates on the ground, and come back with anything other than a critical report is beyond me. Even if its just some sort of "null" report that surely can say procedures were "unreliable" and otherwise not in position to be competent to evaluate. Instead the Nation now has this "we've seen all the evidence and you haven't and we trust the UK/Thai Police so should you." UK is doing a serious disservice to its citizens to give them the impression that it is safer here than it is.

Lets face it, all this social media BS started because of a local police officer that said the famous words: No Thai could do this.

Who knows , maybe he never said these words but it was repeated everywhere on social media and Thaivisa.

Just because of that silly comment , when they found the suspected Burmese , everyone is shouting scapegoats immediately after the RTP captured the suspects .

Nobody believed the DNA could be correct, that the powerdul headman on the island paid his way out and that its a cover up that goes all the way up to the P.M of Thailand. How stupid is that ?

Yes , theres a lot of corruption inside the local policeforce, but we have also good , honest investigators and I am sure the Brits were satisfied with their results.

I think the CTs should do a full investigation into the article and investigate exactly what the family said.

The whole affair is just one giant conspiracy involving the RTP the government media and now the families.

Boy your gonna get some mileage out of this OP.

It's already started.

The people who know something are saying nothing and the who nothing are saying plenty!

Hopeless jokes.

Oh i don't know, you seem to be speculating about others just the same as anyone else. It ok is it for you to speculate as who knows what and who doesn't?rolleyes.gif

Archived