Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Lite Beer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO -- have you really lost all sense of reality? A planned and announced transfer of a cop doesn't take place because there is an open crime being investigated by police under his command. Time to take a step back and come back down to reality.

Reality is when a head cop is a week or two in heading a serious crime case, he's not taken off the case unless he's been screwing up (or is seriously ill or a war breaks out). Your hoped-for explanation is soggy and shows how desperate the cop-echoers are to try and plug the 1,000 holes in their sinking ship.

Can you cite any example of a promotion being delayed in Thailand when annual promotions occur?

Can you cite any example of a senior investigator being pulled off a case due to annual promotions? Excepting this case of course.....

Who are these people? Miller and Witheridge were seen partying on the beach with a group of about six people

One has to assume it was the crowd they were drinking with in the bar,

now all back in the UK apparently and not 1 has made any statements.

Its interesting, maybe the UK is playing the RTP, who knows but, I guess the RTP are wondering too.

That is, naturally, speculation in an extreme form ( the last sentence).

LMAO -- have you really lost all sense of reality? A planned and announced transfer of a cop doesn't take place because there is an open crime being investigated by police under his command. Time to take a step back and come back down to reality.

Reality is when a head cop is a week or two in heading a serious crime case, he's not taken off the case unless he's been screwing up (or is seriously ill or a war breaks out). Your hoped-for explanation is soggy and shows how desperate the cop-echoers are to try and plug the 1,000 holes in their sinking ship.
Can you cite any example of a promotion being delayed in Thailand when annual promotions occur?

Can you cite any example of a senior investigator being pulled off a case due to annual promotions? Excepting this case of course.....

I am not the one making the claim you are. Should be simple for you to prove your claim.

Investigator?

The UK police said it all when they returned to the UK :

British police who travelled to Thailand to review the investigation into the murders of backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller are due to return to the UK, having completed their work "as far as possible".
I think they were allowed to review evidence given to them by the RTP and thats about all
Edited by thailandchilli

Despite putting up a fierce fight, as is attested to by his marked hands, the man on the left

was beaten to death by the two guys on the right who, at the same time managed to subdue

the girl.

That is what we are being asked to believe,

The height/weight proportions are as exact as I can get them given the information

available.

Do you think the story and the picture is somewhat incompatible?

Mere gnomes in comparison.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'll file JD's question under the file name 'grasping at straws as evidenced by convoluted questions'

Anyone who follows any government/bureaucratic dealings knows that, if a crime case gets going, the head of investigation doesn't all-of-a-sudden get transferred unless there's some serious reasons, such as; screwing up, or coming up with evidence that points to people who should be protected, or somehow angering his higher-ups.

Here's what happened, like it or not: The head cop was pulled off the job, early in the investigation. He had been pursuing certain suspects who are rich and influential. His team had also been publicly accused of offering to pay for at least one false witness account, and beating that false witness when he wouldn't comply. As soon as the replacement head cop was put in charge, the concerted railroading of the Burmese got on track, and the original suspects were dropped. All that happened in a span of about 24 hours. For the ensuing weeks after that, no new evidence was announced (except that Hannah's phone found behind the scapegoats' shack, which was proved by photos from social media, to be planted by police). That's the same sort of social media which some posters on this topic abhor, because they reveal things which could likely incriminate the very people they're trying desperately to shield.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'll file JD's question under the file name 'grasping at straws as evidenced by convoluted questions'

Anyone who follows any government/bureaucratic dealings knows that, if a crime case gets going, the head of investigation doesn't all-of-a-sudden get transferred unless there's some serious reasons, such as; screwing up, or coming up with evidence that points to people who should be protected, or somehow angering his higher-ups.

Here's what happened, like it or not: The head cop was pulled off the job, early in the investigation. He had been pursuing certain suspects who are rich and influential. His team had also been publicly accused of offering to pay for at least one false witness account, and beating that false witness when he wouldn't comply. As soon as the replacement head cop was put in charge, the concerted railroading of the Burmese got on track, and the original suspects were dropped. All that happened in a span of about 24 hours. For the ensuing weeks after that, no new evidence was announced (except that Hannah's phone found behind the scapegoats' shack, which was proved by photos from social media, to be planted by police). That's the same sort of social media which some posters on this topic abhor, because they reveal things which could likely incriminate the very people they're trying desperately to shield.

Again you are making claims with absolutely nothing to back them up.

I am betting you can't and again will attack other members rather than back up your claim.

Edited by jdinasia

Then of course we have the early post from an alleged member of the Burmese community in Koh Tao who posted on facebook the version of events as seen by them. I must say there appears many points in this that could ring true and equally as many that just don't seem feasible: I took a screen grab of the original facebook post but edited out the main name mentioned. The original unedited text is still on TV in earlier threads as well as various other websites.

post-223227-0-54910600-1418650728_thumb.

Then of course we have the early post from an alleged member of the Burmese community in Koh Tao who posted on facebook the version of events as seen by them. I must say there appears many points in this that could ring true and equally as many that just don't seem feasible: I took a screen grab of the original facebook post but edited out the main name mentioned. The original unedited text is still on TV in earlier threads as well as various other websites.

Too much in there that makes no sense and is improbable.

Saw it when it first went tout and dismissed it as a possible attempt by apologists

to discredit the so called cp theorists.

I still hold that view, too many holes in it.

Investigator?

Pathetic attempt at deflection. Fail.

I am not the one making the claim you are. Should be simple for you to prove your claim.

I didn't make any claim. You challenged a claim made by another poster. I challenged your claim. What's wrong with that?

Did he write this before the b2 were arrested. Since he said every staff member at ac had been tested and cleared. The b2 work at ac

If one could pause all of the background noise. Take out all suspects for a moment. Nomsod, mon, Sean, nomsod brother,the policeman with mon at 7-11.

Take out the rtp investigation flaws.

What would be the evidence to utilise to show b2 not guilty.

They cannot build a defense based on he did it not me.

Too much in there that makes no sense and is improbable. Saw it when it first went tout and dismissed it as a possible attempt by apologists to discredit the so called cp theorists. I still hold that view, too many holes in it.

I tend to agree with you. From what I've observed thus far, the scenario of David and Hannah getting killed in a g.h. room and then taken to the beach seems far-fetched. However, most other claims in the posting ring true. If we wait for RTP investigators to shed light on what's true or not, we could be waiting a coon's age, .... or until there are condos on Pluto.

If one could pause all of the background noise. Take out all suspects for a moment. Nomsod, mon, Sean, nomsod brother,the policeman with mon at 7-11.

Your last sentence rings true. In the court of law, you can't do that, but here on social media we can. I hold no personal grudge against the Headman's people. I want to see justice for the victims. I also don't want to see scapegoats found guilty on false/contrived evidence. And just as importantly: I don't want vile murderers and rapists continuing to hang out and mix with farang backpackers at Ko Tao venues, or anywhere else.

If the B2 are let go for lack of evidence (which is obviously what should happen), then it's clear there won't be a serious search by authorities for the real murderers/rapists. The case will stall (as it essentially has for 2 months already), and Thai officials will achingly hope the general public will forget about it. It will devolve to yet another unsolved death/murder of backpacker farang in Thailand. Someone should chronicle those cases. I'd venture there are at least 25, but possible over 100, in the past 10 years. If there's a worse police force, at investigating crime scenes, it would be interesting to hear the other contenders.

Depends on whether the law courts in Thailand work on the basis of "beyond reasonable doubt". Assuming they do............

- witness statements where they were at the suspected time of crime

- character witnesses

- doubts as to their ability to overcome David Miller and at the same time, keep Hannah under control

- doubts on the credibility of the DNA evidence

- weapons found in their possession (apart from the hoe) that could have caused the injuries to David (in spite of what our resident experts claims, no one in their right minds can possibly imagine that a hoe could be used to such precision as to cause the "cuts" - I have practiced martial law since my adolescent days but I could practice for the next 100 years and not have the necessary level of skill to merely "lacerate" the skin with such a blunt edged object as a hoe)

- in early reports, the RTP reported that there was a secondary weapon - a wooden club, if I'm not mistaken - this was never found

- the translator assigned by the police confirmed a broken wine bottle was an alternate weapon - this was never found

- hundreds of other inconsistencies

It is rather disturbing to see that some posters are trying to white-wash an investigation that has been a major cluster.... ahemm, "kerfuffle" right from the very start, with prime suspects walking all over the crime scene, giving them plenty of time and opportunity to remove compelling evidence and planting false leads...

And this was only the beginning!

Correct me if I am wrong, but did the investigation not troddle on like in the following?

After that we had raids in all Burmese camps on Koh Tao and all Burmese, including the patsies (seen on photos of the DNA test day with one of them being swapped even on one of the photos) and later the police infos that all Burmese DNA samples were negative (including the patsies' samples!) and no phones, clothes, etc. related to the crime scene were found.

An english backpacker (Alan Ware) was hunted down, apprehended and questioned, there was a bloody trouser, but after a DNA test of the blood stains it was claimed that there was no relation to the crime and he was set free, despite the fact that witnesses saw him strolling around in the area where the murders happened on that very night.

Later, another foreigner (Sean McAnna) was hunted by a prime suspect (owner of AC bar, who was all over the crime scene from hour one onwards) and his corrupt RTP pal under death threats into a 7Eleven, being told they would hang him an pin the double murder on him. This person had the same shallow stab wounds as the victim (David had nine of them on his head and shoulder). Sean, carrying a guitar sprinkled with blood, was later also questioned and (despite his claims that the AC bar owner wants to kill him and pin the murder on him) set free. The chase suggests that he did see soemthing he should not have seen... A possible key murder witness was simply sent away by the RTP...

An island VIP, and son of head mafiosi on Koh Tao, seen on CCTV cameras, disappears in the night after the murders and shows up in the early morning hours in his university in Bkk, with fellow students claiming that he had scratch marks on his upper torso and arms. He takes about a week off (allowing the wounds to heal) and is (despite having an arrest warrant open) not apprehended by police. He reappears a week later to claim his innocence and refuses together with his uncle (who was another prime suspect) to give a DNA test. The police accepts this, the suspects are set free. Later anyone pointing fingers at them are threatened by the corrupt RTP with legal action. Thais as well as foreigners continue to post even more compelling evidence against these suspects who claim their innocence, despite the threats, with facebook site CSI LA sending more and more witness statements and compelling evidence against these prime suspects, but to no avail. One of these suspects was accused of a rape attempt by a foreign blonde young girl who looks similar to Hannah about a year earlier. Charges were dropped by the corrupt Koh Tao RTP officers.

News emerge about the corrupt KT RTP trying to bribe a Koh Tao taxi driver into a false witness statement, offering him approx. 700.000 THB for that. He refuses and goes public (Respect!!! A great man!!!!!).

More photos appear on social media, with a fat guy mocking these shocking murders and rape by posing with a garden hoe in front of a shag, with a stupid grin on his face. This person is known as violent and witnesses claim he was partying with the victims at the night of the murders. He wears a ring with a ray bone in it that could have inflicted the shallow stab marks on David's face, which the RTP would like to overlook (they never mentioned them until CSI LA spoke about it) but after a brief chat with the police he's set free.

A Thai football team finally is being targeted as possible victims, while the S-storm against the number one suspect, high profile VIP mafia son, on social media continues. Police states that they have compelling evidence against VIP Mafia brat and his uncle and BAM!!!! The next day our Burmese patsies are brought to the safe house, kicked and beaten by a pancake vendor who acted as translator while even speaking a different accent, almost a different language and who hates Burmese of the same ascend as the patsies, since he is their ethnic enemy. He together with the RTP threaten the Burmese men to burn them alive, electrocute them, kill them, etc. if they don't sign the confession. They give in.

The patsies are paraded in front of media and puppeteered around the crime scene in an "reenactment" that makes the actors of Monty Python look like beginners. Not even the direction of where they were accessing the crime scene from were clear, with police and burmese pointing in different directions what luckily was frozen forever on a photo that appeared on the net minutes after...

Shall I go on???

And this is a "perfect" open and shut case? This is a case in which the parents are confident in the police work performed during the investigation? You must be kidding!!!!!

Edited by catweazle

It is rather disturbing to see that some posters are trying to white-wash an investigation that has been a major cluster.... ahemm, "kerfuffle" right from the very start, with prime suspects walking all over the crime scene, giving them plenty of time and opportunity to remove compelling evidence and planting false leads...

Correct me if I am wrong, but did the investigation not troddle on like in the following?

After that we had raids in all Burmese camps on Koh Tao and all Burmese, including the patsies (seen on photos of the DNA test day with one of them being swapped even on one of the photos) and later the police infos that all Burmese DNA samples were negative (including the patsies' samples!) and no phones, clothes, etc. related to the crime scene were found.

An english backpacker (Alan Ware) was hunted down, apprehended and questioned, there was a bloody trouser, but after a DNA test of the blood stains it was claimed that there was no relation to the crime and he was set free, despite the fact that witnesses saw him strolling around in the area where the murders happened on that very night.

Later, another foreigner (Sean McAnna) was hunted by a prime suspect (owner of AC bar, who was all over the crime scene from hour one onwards) and his corrupt RTP pal under death threats into a 7Eleven, being told they would hang him an pin the double murder on him. This person had the same shallow stab wounds as the victim (David had nine of them on his head and shoulder). Sean, carrying a guitar sprinkled with blood, was later also questioned and (despite his claims that the AC bar owner wants to kill him and pin the murder on him) set free. The chase suggests that he did see soemthing he should not have seen... A possible key murder witness was simply sent away by the RTP...

An island VIP, and son of head mafiosi on Koh Tao, seen on CCTV cameras, disappears in the night after the murders and shows up in the early morning hours in his university in Bkk, with fellow students claiming that he had scratch marks on his upper torso and arms. He takes about a week off (allowing the wounds to heal) and is (despite having an arrest warrant open) not apprehended by police. He reappears a week later to claim his innocence and refuses together with his uncle (who was another prime suspect) to give a DNA test. The police accepts this, the suspects are set free. Later anyone pointing fingers at them are threatened by the corrupt RTP with legal action. Thais as well as foreigners continue to post even more compelling evidence against these suspects who claim their innocence, despite the threats, with facebook site CSI LA sending more and more witness statements and compelling evidence against these prime suspects, but to no avail. One of these suspects was accused of a rape attempt by a foreign blonde young girl who looks similar to Hannah about a year earlier. Charges were dropped by the corrupt Koh Tao RTP officers.

News emerge about the corrupt KT RTP trying to bribe a Koh Tao taxi driver into a false witness statement, offering him approx. 700.000 THB for that. He refuses and goes public (Respect!!! A great man!!!!!).

More photos appear on social media, with a fat guy mocking these shocking murders and rape by posing with a garden hoe in front of a shag, with a stupid grin on his face. This person is known as violent and witnesses claim he was partying with the victims at the night of the murders. He wears a ring with a ray bone in it that could have inflicted the shallow stab marks on David's face, that the RTP would like to overlook (they never mentioned them until CSI LA spoke about it) but after a brief chat with the police he's set free.

A Thai football team finally is being targeted as possible victims, while the S-storm against the number one suspect, high profile VIP mafia son, on social media continues. Police states that they have compelling evidence against VIP Mafia brat and his uncle and BAM!!!! The next day our Burmese patsies are brought to the safe house, kicked and beaten by a pancake vendor who acted as translator while even speaking a different accent, almost a different language and who hates Burmese of the same ascend as the patsies, since he is their ethnic enemy. He together with the RTP threaten the Burmese men to burn them alive, electrocute them, kill them, etc. if they don't sign the confession. They give in.

The patsies are paraded in front of media and puppeteered around the crime scene in an "reenactment" that makes the actors of Monty Python look like beginners. Not even the direction of where they were accessing the crime scene from were clear, with police and burmese pointing in different directions what luckily was frozen forever on a photo that appeared on the net minutes after...

Shall I go on???

And this is a "perfect" open and shut case? This is a case in which the parents are confident in the police work taken during the investigation? You must be kidding!!!!!

Catweazle,

Respect bro. What a brilliantly written piece of satire. When are you going to publish the book? I'll be first in line to purchase it.

More photos appear on social media, with a fat guy mocking these shocking murders and rape by posing with a garden hoe in front of a shag, with a stupid grin on his face. This person is known as violent and witnesses claim he was partying with the victims at the night of the murders. He wears a ring with a ray bone in it that could have inflicted the shallow stab marks on David's face, which the RTP would like to overlook (they never mentioned them until CSI LA spoke about it) but after a brief chat with the police he's set free.

Shall I go on???

And this is a "perfect" open and shut case? This is a case in which the parents are confident in the police work performed during the investigation? You must be kidding!!!!!

This is a case in which the parents are confident in the police work performed during the investigation? You must be kidding!!!!!

Yes, after being briefed by professional UK investigators that had access to the actual evidence, witnesses and facts of the case.

It takes a lot of hubris for armchair detectives that have access to only conflicting reports and partial information regarding the case to think themselves more informed than them.

Shall I go on???

This is a case in which the parents are confident in the police work performed during the investigation? You must be kidding!!!!!

Yes, after being briefed by professional UK investigators that had access to the actual evidence, witnesses and facts of the case.

It takes a lot of hubris for armchair detectives that have access to only conflicting reports and partial information regarding the case to think themselves more informed than them.

Okeydokey... then you certainly also know that the british investigators have been a full 2 TWO hours on the island before they went home again to provide their report?

You also have nothing substancial to add - pal !!! It;s not armchair's detectives' work to list and point out all the errors in the investigation but simple logic. Stop posting, if you can't show more than brainless babble about armchair detectives. Look at the facts and start using your brain, man!

Edited by catweazle

Just re read this report in the Mirror from Sept 22nd:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thailand-beach-murders-david-miller-4301833

Bits that stood out for me on re reading -

But speaking from his home in Jersey, Mr Miller said the family had been kept in the dark about the progress of the investigation.

Yesterday David’s friend Sean McAnna paid tribute to him on Facebook.

He posted: “I first said I knew he tried to save her. That was a guess, but now I’ve seen he didn’t leave with that girl he must have stumbled upon what happened and tried to fight them off. That’s the Dave I loved.”

I notice that McAnna says 'them'. He could have said 'he' - but he seems to know that there was more than one person involved in the murders.

Thai detectives yesterday confirmed they are investigating the Sunday Mirror’s exclusive report that they were murdered after a row with a local gangster.

It’s believed Hannah, from Hemsby, Norfolk, rejected his advances and he may have killed her in a fit of anger and jealousy.

18th Sept

Police Maj-Gen Kiattipong Khawmang, head of the provincial police, has a clue:

“There were three people smoking and playing guitar near the crime scene so we are doing a different search. One was a short person but we could not identify him. It is possible that they are both Asian and Western. Those who were singing were singing a Western song. We are looking at all possibilities. We cannot find those three people, but we are looking for them.”

http://www.anorak.co.uk/406750/news/koh-tao-murders-christopher-ware-monstered-and-hannah-witheridge-was-begging-for-it.html/18th Sept

So where did Khawmang get his 'clue' from two days after the murders? Who informed him of these 'three people smoking and playing guitar near the crime scene? My guess is it was the killer/killers who gave this information to him and this was the start of the frame up. He says 'one was a short person but we could not identify him'.

I'm assuming the Burmese men do not speak English so would not be singing in English.

I'm thinking the Westerner was most likely McAnna, who would have been singing 'a Western song'. The B2 were probably strumming along. The 'short one' to be scapegoated would be Saw.

Mon would no doubt have known the location of the accommodation of Saw and Win because they worked for him at the AC bar.

The scenario going over in my head then is that McAnna was with Saw and Win on the beach making music. Mau was with his girlfriend by this time. Hannah and David were murdered (Hannah possibly raped or attempted rape) and the killer/killers on fleeing the scene saw the three on the beach. Maybe one of the three witnessed the crime or part of the crime. That would likely be McAnna, hence the threats the following week in the 24/7 store. And he said (once off the island) -

'I'd gone to a bar and a guy started asking me questions because he knew the guy who died and he had heard my name. I was a bit drunk and I started answering them about general things and the murders came up.

'They just said to me "It was you who killed them...you've got two people's deaths on your hands...we know it was you.

'You're going to hang yourself tonight and we're going to watch you hang. You will die tonight. If you don’t hang yourself, we will do it for you. You already have two people’s deaths on your hands.”

(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2765131/British-man-flees-Thai-island-tourists-murdered-claiming-life-risk-mafia-killed.html)

McAnna should never have been allowed to leave the island whilst the investigation was ongoing. It actually seems to me that the police couldn't get rid of him soon enough. Maybe he heard something going on behind the rocks and went over to have a look.....

post-222787-0-62756200-1418687749_thumb.post-222787-0-85177600-1418687771_thumb.

Welcome back, and again you bring into focus what this case is all about.

Can we have your opinion on the statement released last week by the victims parents.

Shall I go on???

Okeydokey... then you certainly also know that the british investigators have been a full 2 TWO hours on the island before they went home again to provide their report?

You also have nothing substancial to add - pal !!! It;s not armchair's detectives' work to list and point out all the errors in the investigation but simple logic. Stop posting, if you can't show more than brainless babble about armchair detectives. Look at the facts and start using your brain, man!

You are just proving my point by claiming that the UK investigators were on the island for only two hours, that is false; don't take my word for it, search for "British authorities at Koh Tao crime scene" and read the article carefully. Your premises are false, any conclusion you derive from them are going to be invalid.

After you find out that you were wrong, perhaps you should show some integrity and apologize for your second paragraph.

Shall I go on???

Excellent post even the members of the sock puppet association would have trouble disagreeing.