Chiang Mai has won numerous awards as best destination for tourism

Lite Beer

Chiang Mai has won numerous awards as best destination for tourism

CHIANG MAI, 5 December 2014 (NNT) - Chiang Mai has been voted as the ‘Best Destination for Festivals’ by readers of the world renowned magazine, Lonely Planet Traveller. The award presenting ceremony was held in Bangkok last month.

The award is just an addition of honor to Chiang Mai after the province was voted by the same magazine as the ‘Best Destination for Culture Experience’ in 2013. The province also ranked one of the Ten Best Destinations by Lonely Planet in 2010 and 2011.

Chiang Mai has been recognized as award-winning province due to a lot of prizes it has received worldwide in cluing 31 trophies from the prestigious Thailand Tourism Awards.

It ranked second as best tourist destination in the world by Travel&Leisure, one of the most favorite magazines in America. The magazine puts the province as one of the top three tourist destinations which retirees want to visit the most in South East Asia.

The Baan Mae Kam Pong Village, a community-based tourist town has won the Best Travel Destinations Around the World and also the Pacific Asia Travel Association's (PATA) Gold Award this year due to its potentials in a wide range of tourist aspects such as nature treks, flora and fauna, waterfalls, birds and northern Lanna traditions.

Mr. Wisut Buachum, director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand office in Chiang Mai said the province is the center of tourism because of craftsmanship and convenient transportation as well as being the creative city friendly for living, traveling and investment.

Chiang Mai’s tourism revenue has increased from 53,000 million baht in 2012 to 58,000 in 2013.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-05 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

Well with all that increase in Revenue, I wish they would fix up some of the footpaths.. There is a square block down Thae Pae Road that goes up and down, like a see saw. Most unsettling! Plus put a few garbage bins around etc, etc. In my town, we have garbage bins underground.

Chiang Mai is best destination for festivals, Lonely Planet readers say

12-6-2014-12-13-44-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

CHIANG MAI: -- Lonely Planet Traveller, the world's renowned travel magazine, said its readers have voted Chiang Mai as the ‘Best Destination for Festivals’.

Earlier its readers also voted Chiang Mai as the ‘Best Destination for Culture Experience’ in 2013.

Chiang Mai was also ranked one of the Ten Best Destinations by Lonely Planet in 2010 and 2011.

The award presenting ceremony for Best Destination for Festivals’ was held in Bangkok last month, according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

Chiang Mai has been recognized as award-winning province due to a lot of prizes it has received worldwide in cluing 31 trophies from the prestigious Thailand Tourism Awards.

It ranked second as best tourist destination in the world by Travel & Leisure, one of the most favourite magazines in America.

The magazine puts the province as one of the top three tourist destinations which retirees want to visit the most in South East Asia.

The Baan Mae Kam Pong Village, a community-based tourist town has won the Best Travel Destinations Around the World and also the Pacific Asia Travel Association’s (PATA) Gold Award this year due to its potentials in a wide range of tourist aspects such as nature treks, flora and fauna, waterfalls, birds and northern Lanna traditions.

Director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand office in Chiang Mai Mr Wisut Buachum said Chiang Mai is the center of tourism because of craftsmanship and convenient transportation as well as being the creative city friendly for living, traveling and investment.

Chiang Mai’s tourism revenue has increased from 53,000 million baht in 2012 to 58,000 in 2013.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chiang-mai-best-destination-festivals-lonely-planet-readers-say

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-06

Perhaps next year it might win the much-coveted 'Best Destination under Martial Law' category.

I got here when it was under martial law and we're under martial law again. Martial law, no martial law: Same same but different? lol

Yes but our water is decreasing and man cannot live by sunshine alone

Chiang Mai is best destination for festivals, Lonely Planet readers say

12-6-2014-12-13-44-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

CHIANG MAI: -- Lonely Planet Traveller, the world's renowned travel magazine, said its readers have voted Chiang Mai as the ‘Best Destination for Festivals’.

Earlier its readers also voted Chiang Mai as the ‘Best Destination for Culture Experience’ in 2013.

Chiang Mai was also ranked one of the Ten Best Destinations by Lonely Planet in 2010 and 2011.

The award presenting ceremony for Best Destination for Festivals’ was held in Bangkok last month, according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

It ranked second as best tourist destination in the world by Travel & Leisure, one of the most favourite magazines in America.

The magazine puts the province as one of the top three tourist destinations which retirees want to visit the most in South East Asia.

The Baan Mae Kam Pong Village, a community-based tourist town has won the Best Travel Destinations Around the World and also the Pacific Asia Travel Association’s (PATA) Gold Award this year due to its potentials in a wide range of tourist aspects such as nature treks, flora and fauna, waterfalls, birds and northern Lanna traditions.

Director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand office in Chiang Mai Mr Wisut Buachum said Chiang Mai is the center of tourism because of craftsmanship and convenient transportation as well as being the creative city friendly for living, traveling and investment.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chiang-mai-best-destination-festivals-lonely-planet-readers-say

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-06

Best destination " for festivals" and I, joined by at least 23 million others, am sick to death of festivals usually featuring weird costumes. weirder people, doing even weirder dances and sticking 3 foot long poles thru their skin ! Yuk !

Don't most festivals include weird people with weird clothes? As for the vegetarian festival I agree, once is probably enough but whether CM or Phuket, the nutters are self-flagellating their tongues with machetes and sticking swords through their face. Just don't go if it offends or sickens.

Well with all that increase in Revenue, I wish they would fix up some of the footpaths.. There is a square block down Thae Pae Road that goes up and down, like a see saw. Most unsettling! Plus put a few garbage bins around etc, etc. In my town, we have garbage bins underground.

Underground bins in Thailand? Cool!

And why is that you think ? There is a answer.

Being a resident in this area, I can affirm that we do not have the same problems with scams, rip-offs, and violence as they do in places like Phuket. Life is lived in the slower lane here.

Because it's nicer and not full of twunts

• Like 1

Your joking right ?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif If i wanted to hang around millions of foreigners cheaper to stay in my home country. I came to Thailand to hang with the Thais and eat REAL Thai food not meaning KFC ,McDonalds or Pizza Hut

You're joking right? Have you even been to Chiang Mai? The MacDonalds and KFC are frequented more by Thais than Farang and at the end of the day, there's one with every mall across Thailand. CM is a university town and the choice of foods is immense and northern food it totally different from the muck you get in Phuket for example (and substantially cheaper). A bowl of Kao soi wis 25 to 30 baht, Kao gar moo 30 baht and so on. We go to watch Chiang Mai FC and are in the supporters club with the Thais, there's a race course, half a dozen golf courses and more Wats than you can shake a stick at, There's more culture in and around CM than probably most other areas. There is the touristy bit inside the moat road of course plus the small girly area close by if needed. But most of the Farang people I know enjoy eating and drinking at the lake and other Thai restaurants - as they're so different. There are some 40,000 foreigners settled in CM but with a population of over a million that's not a lot. It has also been voted one of the top 10 most liveable cities in Asia. You want real Thais and real food, CM is the place, unless of course you want a village and a buffalo as opposed to a city.

• Like 2

The same group you speak of is also in Chiang Mai in the masses. Really no different than Pattaya, Phuket or Koh Samui. The tourist traps tend to attract the same types. I give them all a very wide berth. After my last visit to CM in 2005 i decided i had had enough of the freak show.

Being a resident in this area, I can affirm that we do not have the same problems with scams, rip-offs, and violence as they do in places like Phuket. Life is lived in the slower lane here.

The same group you speak of is also in Chiang Mai in the masses. Really no different than Pattaya, Phuket or Koh Samui. The tourist traps tend to attract the same types. I give them all a very wide berth. After my last visit to CM in 2005 i decided i had had enough of the freak show.

Fair enough but all you have to do is avoid the tourist area, easy. The sex-pests are not in CM like they are in Pattaya or Patong. There are some but not many in fairness, I live right in the middle of the Unis so I just don't get to see them, in fact I hardly see many Farang except my mates who I go with to Chiang Mai FC and two mates from back home in UK