Our Mutt Is Getting Bare Spots On His Elbows

We have been in LOS for a few months now and our dog is getting some pretty ugly bare spots on his elbows and thighs. I am told it is from him laying on the hard tile all the tile. Is there anyway to fix/prevent this?

We have been in LOS for a few months now and our dog is getting some pretty ugly bare spots on his elbows and thighs. I am told it is from him laying on the hard tile all the tile. Is there anyway to fix/prevent this?
It is obviously a medium to large dog, these are just layers of hard skin, same as a corn,just keep them well moisturised with a good fine oil ,we massage these spots with ballistol gun oil twice a day, after about 10 days the fur starts growing back :o Nignoy

It is obviously a medium to large dog, these are just layers of hard skin, same as a corn,just keep them well moisturised with a good fine oil ,we massage these spots with ballistol gun oil twice a day, after about 10 days the fur starts growing back :o Nignoy

Any suggestions where i can purchase this oil?

Gun oil? Really? Dogs lick themselves quite abit, shouldn't you go with something more edible? What about something like vitamin E oil or fish oil?
Gun oil because it is fine and very pure, it is an old european hunters remedyfor treating kennel sores and ticks and even small skin tears and wounds on gundogs and retrievers , Singers sowing machine oil does the job too :o Nignoy