PM: Thailand is the tiger ready to leap

Lite Beer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Used to be a "Pan-Asian restaurant back in my home town called " The Crouching Tiger".

Went bust.

Funny you say that.

There was a "Crouching Tiger" restaurant in Melbourne when I was young.

It made a fortune.

Your connection between a restaurant and this article is?

Ohhh my......when will this end?

It won't be long but Thai Visa will be composed of nothing but blind malcontents. You will be in heaven then. all your friends. Problem is not a one of you has a clue as to what has all ready been improved. Like Thailand going from 102 to 82 on the corruption scale.

Eventually you people will tire your self's out ignoring reality and patting each other on the back. That is when it will end. Thailand will continue to grow with out your lack of knowledge.

says the poster who regularly demonstrates a complete lack of awareness regarding Thai history...

• Like 2

Let's get real here, Thailand is ALREADY a tiger that is leaping !!

Thailand will always recieve the lion's share of foreign investment coming into South-East Asia. You want to talk about how foreign investors are uneasy about Thailand not being a full democracy ? People should look at Burma, Laos and Vietnam, THOSE countries are countries where there is no democracy.

And wages in Thailand are still far lower than Europe and America. It doesn't make sense to have certain factories in Europe, it makes sense to transfer production to Asia. And when Europe and America are angry with China's vast trade surplus, well, why not transfer some of that factory prouction to Thailand ? Yes, reduce China's trade surplus, and increase Thailand's trade surplus. Is there anybody in Europe or America who is going to be against this ?

And no, Laos has got no beaches, Laos is not going to take away Thailand's tourists. And they're not going to build a Pattaya or Phuket in places like Burma, Cambodia and Vietnam. And Burmese and Vietnamese women aren't the same as Thai women. People should look at Vietnamese women already in America and England.

Yes, Thailand needs strong leadership. Whether it'sThaksin or the general doing a bit of fighting talk, well, it's what Thailand needs. Can you imagine Abhisit being in front of the cameras, and saying this ? Abhisit is simply unable to inspire a nation to carry on it's progress, unable to inspire a leaping tiger to continue eaping !!!

Actually Singapore is the largest recipient of foreign investment by non ASEAN countries. In 2013 Singapore received US$55.9 billion, Thailand US$11.7 billion (second).

When combining ASEAN cross border and non ASEAN country investment Thailand ranked third behind Singapore and Indonesia. However, IMO a good acheivement for Thailand given the challenges it faces.

http://www.asean.org/news/item/foreign-direct-investment-statistics

• Like 2

It won't be long but Thai Visa will be composed of nothing but blind malcontents. You will be in heaven then. all your friends. Problem is not a one of you has a clue as to what has all ready been improved. Like Thailand going from 102 to 82 on the corruption scale.

Eventually you people will tire your self's out ignoring reality and patting each other on the back. That is when it will end. Thailand will continue to grow with out your lack of knowledge.

Nothing has changed, Thailand didn't improve, other countries just went past them. It is a pity your ignorance and bias restricts you from seeing the real picture. But hey, every man to their own choosing, regardless of their handicaps.

• Like 2

Well nothing like positive thinking.

I shall ponder his successes whilst holidaying with my family in India instead of Thailand's beaches south.

Lets hope he can reinvigorate the country and organise some democracy once again , but i won't hold my breath.

The reference itself , is i know an economical one but i can't envision it as a suitable analogy for now.

Thailand is the only asian country with less tourists than last year.

Growth is way down.

Maybe it might be more relevant to an unleashed Tiger politically if elections are not held with a period framework?

I am sure the populace will at some stage leap into the spotlight if democracy is caged too long

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Quite a good analogy.

A tiger sleeps for around 18 hours a day, waking up for food.

And a large proportion of tigers in Thailand allegedly spend much of their life drugged up to their eyeballs.

Sound very much like life in the Thai villages.

• Like 1

Used to be a "Pan-Asian restaurant back in my home town called " The Crouching Tiger".

Went bust.

Funny you say that.

There was a "Crouching Tiger" restaurant in Melbourne when I was young.

It made a fortune.

Your connection between a restaurant and this article is?

His connection is infantile. Fits in with many of the other posters

says the poster who regularly demonstrates a complete lack of awareness regarding Thai history...

I tend to post on today rather than history. Are you fabby by any chance he also is unable to see today just yesterday. I suppose in about ten years you will be able to post on todays happenings. I will await your brainstorm break through.

I tend to post on today rather than history. Are you fabby by any chance he also is unable to see today just yesterday. I suppose in about ten years you will be able to post on todays happenings. I will await your brainstorm break through.

"Today" did not just happen when the sun rose.

now regarding discussing today, I'm happy to do that. You seem to appreciate the current situation and view it as an improvement and I view it differently. I figure we'll have a chance to do so... maybe tomorrow. xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN5Zxnsx

• Like 1

best laugh all day..this guy missed his real job of being a thai joker..cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I can tell you now what will happen to thailand ..IT WILL BECOME AN OUT POST OF CHINA, for exporting reasons only

Tony the Tiger...............there great.................fantasists

thaksin must be pisssing himself laughing.............ASEAN 3 mistakes are the lack of good governance, corruption issues, and an insincere reformation processblink.png

Careful.....you might anger John