88.2 per cent of community leaders still support NCPO

Lite Beer

88.2 per cent of community leaders still support NCPO

BANGKOK: -- Up to 88.2 per cent of leaders of 624 communities nationwide still support the operations of the National Council for Peace an Order, the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association found.

The survey was carried out from November 29 to December 6. It found that 1.4 per cent of the respondents did not support the NCPO while the remaining 10.4 per cent had no comment.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/88-2-per-cent-of-community-leaders-still-support-N-30249285.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-07

I think it's fantastic that the love for the NCPO is so demonstrably widespread and still akin to the sort of adoration other unique leaders like Saddam Hussein received at their peak.

Who believes this drivel, aside of course from a couple of tireless TV flagwavers?

They don't believe it either, not really. They just choose to.

I think it's fantastic that the love for the NCPO is so demonstrably widespread and still akin to the sort of adoration other unique leaders like Saddam Hussein received at their peak.

Who believes this drivel, aside of course from a couple of tireless TV flagwavers?

Actually, most posters here seem somewhat to very doubtful with any poll done in Thailand and especially with the results. Mind you, the doubters probably just lack faith in the 'scientific approach' of polls. Can't imagine why rolleyes.gif

Bangkok Poll says government’s popularity rate slightly drops

BANGKOK: -- The popularity rate of the government for the past three months has slight dropped compared to the rate recorded three months earlier, according to Bangkok Poll of Bangkok University.

The latest survey was based on the opinions of 1,158 people aged over 18 from across the country.

Out of a total score of 10, the government’s performance for the past three months with was rated 6.52, a drop of 0.38. Government’s performance in security aspect scored 7.30 while economic performance scored 5.89.

Satisfaction score for the performance of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha was 7.43, a drop of 0.33 from the last survey. Creativity and new projects scored the lowest satisfaction rate 6.41 scores out of 10.

However, 53.8 percent of the respondents believe that the government’s performance for the past three months is better than expectation while 7.5 percent believe the performance is worse.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bangkok-poll-says-governments-popularity-rate-slightly-drops

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-07

Actually, most posters here seem somewhat to very doubtful with any poll done in Thailand and especially with the results. Mind you, the doubters probably just lack faith in the 'scientific approach' of polls. Can't imagine why rolleyes.gif

A scientific approach is meaninglessness while under martial law and people are afraid to eat a sandwich in public or flash a silly Hunger Games salute......As long as these things keep occurring, I would be hesitant to criticize this illegitimate regime too........

Lets try this "scientific approach" you speak of once the country is a bit more free and evaluate the results then......

• Like 2

A scientific approach is meaninglessness while under martial law and people are afraid to eat a sandwich in public or flash a silly Hunger Games salute......As long as these things keep occurring, I would be hesitant to criticize this illegitimate regime too........

Lets try this "scientific approach" you speak of once the country is a bit more free and evaluate the results then......

I think you misunderstood.

Personally I tend to ignore any poll in Thailand whether done now, last year or whenever. The most common element of polls here seems the 'scientific approach' of "let's ask some questions"

• Like 2

Personally I tend to ignore any poll in Thailand whether done now, last year or whenever. The most common element of polls here seems the 'scientific approach' of "let's ask some questions"

Oh, ok....haha......Yeah, I agree. Polls can indeed be done scientifically, but I guess I was trying to point out that in the current situation.....it still would not mean much.

Oh, ok....haha......Yeah, I agree. Polls can indeed be done scientifically, but I guess I was trying to point out that in the current situation.....it still would not mean much.

I disagree in the sense that I think all polls here don't mean much.

The added spice of a coup and Martial Law still doesn't prohibit people to answer questions in an anonymous poll. Following your reasoning either the results and poll would be buried when not to the liking of the NCPO or results prepared in advance would be published.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am quite surprised that it is only 88%, after all those are the kind of numbers a "run of the mill" Dictatorship would usually get, given that this is a Military Dictatorship I would think that the numbers would be in the mid 90's whistling.gif

wait another 6-9 months, there will be demo's .... so many people are sick of all the talk and no real changes in daily thai life only more restrictions, massive corruption but no serious changes....reminds me of 2 decades ago same talk but no real action

• Like 1

The added spice of a coup and Martial Law still doesn't prohibit people to answer questions in an anonymous poll. Following your reasoning either the results and poll would be buried when not to the liking of the NCPO or results prepared in advance would be published.

That is absolutely not true. It is a proven fact that people self sensor, even anonymously, in times of fear and oppression.

Are we here in Thailand living in fear and oppression?

Let's just leave it and only agree that polls in Thailand are an interesting pastime for some.

That is absolutely not true. It is a proven fact that people self sensor, even anonymously, in times of fear and oppression.

Let's just leave it and only agree that polls in Thailand are an interesting pastime for some.

Don't ask me.....ask the kids that were hauled off to a military camp for the three finger salute. Ask the people who fled the country after the coup and will probably never return. Ask the lady that was snatched by secret police and forced into a taxi cab (caught on video) a few months back. Ask all the academics (some who have fled Thailand) that the General is hell bent on bringing back to face criminal code 112 charges and the ones that are still here.

Why would you be so silly to ask ME if WE live in fear and repression. Of course I am don't, and probably not you either.......

Of course not all people are living in fear, but if you don't see the oppression, you need to open your eyes!

Edited by inbangkok
  • Like 1

"... Up to 88.2 per cent of leaders of 624 communities nationwide still support the operations of the National Council for Peace an Order..."

It is my belief that 82.4730914% of statistics are made up on the spotrolleyes.gif .

With that in mind: "Up to" can mean anywhere from 0-88.2%. It is just as valid as citing "Up to 100%".

Edited by jaltsc

Don't ask me.....ask the kids that were hauled off to a military camp for the three finger salute. Ask the people who fled the country after the coup and will probably never return. Ask the lady that was snatched by secret police and forced into a taxi cab (caught on video) a few months back. Ask all the academics (some who have fled Thailand) that the General is hell bent on bringing back to face criminal code 112 charges and the ones that are still here.

Why would you be so silly to ask ME if WE live in fear and repression. Of course I am don't, and probably not you either.......

Of course not all people are living in fear, but if you don't see the oppression, you need to open your eyes!

martial law is not oppression, it is bringing order to chaos and happiness to the people. please do not create confusion.whistling.gif

And of course, you have nothing to fear if you have done nothing wrong. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

................................."in times of fear and oppression."...............................

What drama queen ! In times of fear and oppression ? Do you write short stories for a living ?

All I can say is the people in Chiang Mai are either very strong and brave, or they don't read newspapers, watch tv, listen to the radio, or own computers because I have not seen one person there shaking in their boots, and the people I have spoken to about the junta don't have any problems with it.

Fear and oppression my ass ! These anal quotes come from the "Little Red book of Propaganda".

................................."in times of fear and oppression."...............................

What drama queen ! In times of fear and oppression ? Do you write short stories for a living ?

All I can say is the people in Chiang Mai are either very strong and brave, or they don't read newspapers, watch tv, listen to the radio, or own computers because I have not seen one person there shaking in their boots, and the people I have spoken to about the junta don't have any problems with it.

Fear and oppression my ass ! These anal quotes come from the "Little Red book of Propaganda".

Wow. It must be so fulfilling to talk to a few people in CM who have no problems military dictatorship and extrapolate that to 67 million people in Thailand. Yingluck came to power in a landslide election. She won by 14%. The military forcefully removed her from power just like her brother. If you think the masses of people who had their votes over-ruled by force "have no problems with it"......you are clearly not astute enough to be discussing politics in any fashion. You clearly missed that fact that this whole crisis stems from the overthrow of her brother in 2006. You seem very clueless.

It is not unusual for people under a dictatorship to express how they truly feel. This is basic stuff.......

But if you say you know people who "have no problem with it"......well, I guess you must be correct!

Edited by inbangkok
  • Like 1

Only a simpleton would for one second pause to even consider this rubbish as creditable .

Since when are threat of gun and Imprisonment Scientific approach?

But lets talk political science if you wish?

Trying to appear to have a mandate by dubious polls with results that make a mockery of democracy is not scientific.

Its outright purely , a manifestation of propaganda of a military wishing to appear to be wise and approved , even loved.

North Korea where people cry at a passing of their figurehead dictator uncontrollably , but noticeably insincere is perhaps the model he wishes?

• Like 1

It would seem that when I write 'scientific approach' as we often see in Thai polls that is too high level for some posters to understand and see the tone of sarcasm in it. Makes you wonder