Thai embassy in Paris

My Thai wife and myself have booked a one way flight to Thailand on the 22nd of this month to retire there.

At the moment I have to go to the Thai embassy in Paris to get a non immo o visa, I have been told it will take 3 days to get this visa, so my question is, would I be better getting a tourist visa and changing the visa when I get to Thailand. Would the tourist visa be issued in 1 day and can I arrive in Thailand on a tourist visa with a one way flight? Thanks.

According to info on to this page of embassy website all visa applications take 3 days. http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa/informations-generales/reglement-du-service-des-visas/

Be sure you apply for the non-o based upon marriage. You will not get one for being 50 or over at the embassy.

The conversion to a non immigrant visa based upon retirement has gotten more difficult since they only do the them at 3 offices now and it takes 2 trips to complete the process.

According to info on to this page of embassy website all visa applications take 3 days. http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa/informations-generales/reglement-du-service-des-visas/

Be sure you apply for the non-o based upon marriage. You will not get one for being 50 or over at the embassy.

The conversion to a non immigrant visa based upon retirement has gotten more difficult since they only do the them at 3 offices now and it takes 2 trips to complete the process.

Thanks for that Joe. I have just read on the link to the Thai embassy that "all submissions must be made 2 weeks prior to departure" flight booked for the 22nd, doesn't make good reading. Do I have a get out of jail card?

I don't think the 2 weeks is mandatory. You should just try to do your application.

Thanks Joe, is it possible to enter Thailand on a Tourist Visa (on a non return flight) and then upgrade to a non immo o, I cannot show the 5000 euro required for the non immo, but can show 1000 euro required for the Tourist Visa. Although I sufficient funds in my UK bank acc they need to see actual bank statements not ones printed off the internet.

Not sure why you would have to show 5000 euro for a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage. That is 200.000 baht. Perhaps that is error on the requirements. I think it should be 500 euro which is 20k baht that is the normal financial requirement for a visa.

at monaco last june i show 5000e for have non o on child before never ask for money, the law change so bad

500e is only for 60 tourisr visa

There is no law change. It is apparently a policy set by the embassy in Paris which is probably one of the worst in the world.

• Like 1

at monaco last june i show 5000e for have non o on child before never ask for money, the law change so bad

There is no law change. It is apparently a policy set by the embassy in Paris which is probably one of the worst in the world.

Its not looking too great at the moment, so could I get a tourist visa and upgrade to non immo o when I get to Thailand and without a return ticket back to France? Thanks

You can travel without a return or onward ticket if you have any visa.

As I said before you can do a change of visa status to a non immigrant visa based upon qualifying for an extension for retirement. You can do the change at any time of your tourist visa entry up to the last 15 days.

The difficulty of doing this will depend upon where you live. If you are not near an office that can do it can mean 2 long trips to get it done. For some people it is easier to go out for a non-o visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

You can travel without a return or onward ticket if you have any visa.

As I said before you can do a change of visa status to a non immigrant visa based upon qualifying for an extension for retirement. You can do the change at any time of your tourist visa entry up to the last 15 days.

The difficulty of doing this will depend upon where you live. If you are not near an office that can do it can mean 2 long trips to get it done. For some people it is easier to go out for a non-o visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

Cheers Joe, at the moment my still owns a house Pathum Thani, but on arrival we be very shortly moving to Pattaya or more likely surrounding areas.

You can do the change at Chaeng Wattana immigration in Bangkok. You will need to meet the financial requirements for an extension of stay to apply. If you are using the money in the bank option the money just has to be in the bank and you will need a letter from the bank confirming the funds came from abroad. You will apply and then need to return in 15 days to get the visa/entry stamps.

After you get the 90 day visa entry you can apply for the extension at your local immigration office during the last 30 days of the entry. The money in the bank would need to be there for 60 days at that time.

OP - why bother with a tourist visa at all and instead just rely on a 30-day stamp on arrival at BKK? To prevent any possible boarding difficulties at CDG, I suggest that you book a flight within this 30-day period to Savannakhet, which would also enable you to obtain a single-entry 90-day non-O visa at the Thai consulate there. As ubonjoe stated in the final sentence of post #10, this might prove easier for you than 2 separate trips to Chaengwattana Immigration from Pattaya (as well as the possible hassle of obtaining a tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in Paris).

OP - why bother with a tourist visa at all and instead just rely on a 30-day stamp on arrival at BKK? To prevent any possible boarding difficulties at CDG, I suggest that you book a flight within this 30-day period to Savannakhet, which would also enable you to obtain a single-entry 90-day non-O visa at the Thai consulate there. As ubonjoe stated in the final sentence of post #10, this might prove easier for you than 2 separate trips to Chaengwattana Immigration from Pattaya (as well as the possible hassle of obtaining a tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in Paris).

Thanks for the advice, what documentation would I have to show at Savannakhet, where and when (how many days into the 30 day stamp on arrival) would I book this flight? Cheers

Thanks for the advice, what documentation would I have to show at Savannakhet, where and when (how many days into the 30 day stamp on arrival) would I book this flight? Cheers

Would I need a visa to enter Laos?

All you need is a ticket out within 30 days of arrival.

You get a Lao visa on arrival. It will cost $30.

You will need your marriage certificate (plus a copy), signed and dated copies of your wife's house book and ID card to get the non-o visa.

Have a read of this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697299-worry-free-non-o-visa-savannakhet/page-16?hl=%2Bsavannakhet#entry8749325

You can obtain a multi-entry non-O visa on the basis of marriage without needing to show any financial proof, I gather.

You will need your marriage certificate (plus a copy), signed and dated copies of your wife's house book and ID card to get the non-o visa.

I will get the visa on arrival in Laos? Any proof of funds? How long will it take to obtain to non immo o? Sorry for so many questions, but I'm ignorant to the fact.

I will get the visa on arrival in Laos? Any proof of funds? How long will it take to obtain to non immo o? Sorry for so many questions, but I'm ignorant to the fact.

Have a read of the thread I referred to in post #17.

You get the VOA on arrival in Laos.

No financial proof is needed for a single or multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet.

At the moment they do visas on the same day you apply. Be at the consulate before 11 am and get your passport back at 3:30 PM.

You get the VOA on arrival in Laos.

No financial proof is needed for a single or multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet.

At the moment they do visas on the same day you apply. Be at the consulate before 11 am and get your passport back at 3:30 PM.

Thanks for all the informative and very helpful advise.

Wife rang the Thai embassy in Paris, Tourist Visa now 1000 euro (to show).