I have 6 month tourist visa..

It means you have two entries into Thailand. Each entry is good for 60 days and can be extended by another 30 days by paying 1,900 baht at immigration.

You need to make both entries before the visa expires, which appears to be 6 months from date of issue.

You do not need to be out of the country for a minimum period of time to get the second entry. You can leave Thailand and enter again the same hour.

Look at the "use-by" date on the visa. That is the latest date allowed for the last entry. Look at the date "Untill" given when you entered - that is the date by which you need to either get an extension or leave and re-enter. No need to stay out 48 hours --- dunno where you got that idea -- most people go out and in within a couple of hours.

Ubonjoe will be along soon to correct me if I'm wrong ;)

HTH

Look at the "use-by" date on the visa. That is the latest date allowed for the last entry. Look at the date "Untill" given when you entered - that is the date by which you need to either get an extension or leave and re-enter. No need to stay out 48 hours --- dunno where you got that idea -- most people go out and in within a couple of hours.

Ubonjoe will be along soon to correct me if I'm wrong wink.png

HTH

Some are back within 20 minutes, depends on the crossing. For that mater I know of one crossing...10 minutes.

Edited by khwaibah

It means you have two entries into Thailand. Each entry is good for 60 days and can be extended by another 30 days by paying 1,900 baht at immigration.

You need to make both entries before the visa expires, which appears to be 6 months from date of issue.

You do not need to be out of the country for a minimum period of time to get the second entry. You can leave Thailand and enter again the same hour.

weird why would i have a tourist visa for 6 months then with two entries?

so i can't stay 3 months without having to exit the country and then re-enter?

confusing.

so, can stay 2 full months, leave for an hour, then re-enter. then stay another two months?

i would want to pay for the extra 30 days because , that's what i paid for in my visa process originally, but oh well. Is it easy to visit immigration at bkk airport?

When leaving the country in order to activate a 2nd entry, is it necessary to physically step foot in another country or is it okay to just be in transit ie could I fly to Hong Kong, stay in transit without entering Hong Kong and then get straight back on a flight to Chiang Mai? Is the only requirement that I have exited Thailand or am I required to have entered another country and have a passport stamp to say so?

confusing.

so, can stay 2 full months, leave for an hour, then re-enter. then stay another two months?

i would want to pay for the extra 30 days because , that's what i paid for in my visa process originally, but oh well. Is it easy to visit immigration at bkk airport?

Your visas only gives you a 60 day entry that you can extend at an immigration office (not at an airport) for 30 days. You not have to leave the country to get the 30 days.

After the total of 90 days you have after getting the extension will have to go out to start the 2nd 60 days.

The fee you paid was for a tourist visa only gives you two 60 day entries not 90 days of stay.

confusing.

Your visas only gives you a 60 day entry that you can extend at an immigration office (not at an airport) for 30 days. You not have to leave the country to get the 30 days.

After the total of 90 days you have after getting the extension will have to go out to start the 2nd 60 days.

The fee you paid was for a tourist visa only gives you two 60 day entries not 90 days of stay.

Thank you for the clarification!

I understand fully now =)

So where is the immigration office in chiang mai or bkk?

i'll be in chiang mai specifically

whistling.gif If you have a valid double entry tourist visa (not expired) you can take a trip with one of the "visa run" services.

From Bangkok, you can do the whole thing in one day trip (roughly 12 hours).

Do a google or Yahoo search on the internet, and you will find companies that do this from Bangkok to the Cambodian border (as I said, roughly a 12 hour trip).