Street cobbler ruins $240 boots

Tasty Food

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if this will help or not, but it does sound like he put some sort of silicone based stuff on the shoes, he was doing you a favour (stupid farang), now you will not have to polish them for years !!!

But seriously there is some stuff called "Silicone Off" which is used to clean cars off before painting. You can buy it here in 1 litre tins, it may work to strip the layer of silicone off. I would try it somewhere indiscreet on the shoe and see what happens, if it works, then go through the regime(s) mentioned above to bring them back to life.

Hope it helps...

I just dropped off a Rolex in BKK to get fixed.....they said they could fix a problem that, according to the internet and people in Switzerland, is extremely complex and can take months. the nice thai guy said 1 day, 200 baht. giggle.gif

Likewise. My old Omega was repaired in Siam Plaza by Omega technicians on a couple of occasions due to the winder unscrewing, allowing water to get in. Getting fed up with paying an arm and a leg I put it away in drawer where it stayed for years. Last year my son visited me and took it back to Switzerland. Omega said that taking the back off would cost more than the watch was worth. It is Seamaster about 1988. I then gave it to my grandson who fancies himself as Thai James Bond, for Christmas. He badgered me and in the end I removed the back, cleaned the contacts, put in a new battery and it has worked perfectly since last Christmas.The Thai James Bond is very happy and even puts it on to go to bed. He won't take it to school though!

Bully for you.

You will have to use your imagination to find the best future for them. Take your time. They might last a century. Enjoy the fit and feel for now, finish later. Prayers for poor struggling Thai man and family. Long live the King. Jn. 3:16

Prayers for strugging Thai man and and family. Long live the King.

I just dropped off a Rolex in BKK to get fixed.....they said they could fix a problem that, according to the internet and people in Switzerland, is extremely complex and can take months. the nice thai guy said 1 day, 200 baht. giggle.gif

Likewise. My old Omega was repaired in Siam Plaza by Omega technicians on a couple of occasions due to the winder unscrewing, allowing water to get in. Getting fed up with paying an arm and a leg I put it away in drawer where it stayed for years. Last year my son visited me and took it back to Switzerland. Omega said that taking the back off would cost more than the watch was worth. It is Seamaster about 1988. I then gave it to my grandson who fancies himself as Thai James Bond, for Christmas. He badgered me and in the end I removed the back, cleaned the contacts, put in a new battery and it has worked perfectly since last Christmas.The Thai James Bond is very happy and even puts it on to go to bed. He won't take it to school though!

Bully for you.

Thank you, Grandson. Many of us now rest much easier. I knew there was a Thai James Bond.

If you were a 'Snob' you would be cleaning your own boots. Snob is a slang word in London for a Cobbler. It seems like he cobbled your boots! I have acquaintances who allowed a shoe polisher to clean their suede shoes. He did a lovely job and put a real good polish on them. Clean your own footwear. Don't be a snob. coffee1.gif

It is definitely not modern London slang. The term is from the abbreviated latin term 'without nobility' used by upper class oxbridge students in the old days.

If you were a 'Snob' you would be cleaning your own boots. Snob is a slang word in London for a Cobbler. It seems like he cobbled your boots! I have acquaintances who allowed a shoe polisher to clean their suede shoes. He did a lovely job and put a real good polish on them. Clean your own footwear. Don't be a snob. coffee1.gif

It is definitely not modern London slang. The term is from the abbreviated latin term 'without nobility' used by upper class oxbridge students in the old days.

It is also an old English word for cobbler.........

OP;

Central Embassy - has a store called Colorwash (from Singapore) on Floor B1.... that seems to do cleaning, coloring, restoration. Albeit a bit pricey.

Another firm called Cleanique on the 3rd floor of Amarin Plaza (with outlets in Singapore).... but they may be specializing in bags only.

Could be worth asking.....I have not tried either, but hope this helps.

Thanks very much, going there right now (Central Embassy).

I would go to Cleanique but the beautiful Mancunian voiced Thai who runs it is somebody I used to have regular sexual intercourse with back in 2010/11 and she's too cool and hip and with it to entertain the notion of post-casual-relationship-friendship so i'll spend my money at Colorwash.

OP;

Central Embassy - has a store called Colorwash (from Singapore) on Floor B1.... that seems to do cleaning, coloring, restoration. Albeit a bit pricey.

Another firm called Cleanique on the 3rd floor of Amarin Plaza (with outlets in Singapore).... but they may be specializing in bags only.

Could be worth asking.....I have not tried either, but hope this helps.

Thanks very much, going there right now (Central Embassy).

I would go to Cleanique but the beautiful Mancunian voiced Thai who runs it is somebody I used to have regular sexual intercourse with back in 2010/11 and she's too cool and hip and with it to entertain the notion of post-casual-relationship-friendship so i'll spend my money at Colorwash.

So I am going to stain my shoes, go to Cleanique and say to her: 'Hiya. All right our dek?'

I refuse to let any Thais near anything of any value here in Thailand.

All "knowledge" seems to be third fourth fifth hand and often wrong.

Mind you years ago a friend of mine burnt herself on a hot exhaust and I had a hell of a fight with her Mother to NOT put HOT water on the burn but cold.

If the skin is not broken use bleach. Sounds like a BS story but it truly works.