Sonos Speakers In Pattaya?

OMGImInPattaya

There is no such thing as a Sonos Bluetooth speaker. Sonos uses a proprietary version of wifi (called SonosNet) and regular wifi.

There are a couple of vendors of Sonos equipment in Bangkok that I know of but I have never seen any in Pattaya, not that I have looked very hard. The Bangkok ones are hugely expensive, as one might expect, and I get all my Sonos stuff (I have several Play 5s) from the UK or the EU.

Some places that purport to have Sonos in Pattaya:

https://www.facebook.com/Com2uPattaya

http://www.simplicity.co.th/locations#pattaya

• Like 1

There is no such thing as a Sonos Bluetooth speaker. Sonos uses a proprietary version of wifi (called SonosNet) and regular wifi.

There are a couple of vendors of Sonos equipment in Bangkok that I know of but I have never seen any in Pattaya, not that I have looked very hard. The Bangkok ones are hugely expensive, as one might expect, and I get all my Sonos stuff (I have several Play 5s) from the UK or the EU.

Some places that purport to have Sonos in Pattaya:

https://www.facebook.com/Com2uPattaya

http://www.simplicity.co.th/locations#pattaya

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did locate that Simplicity place in Amarin Plaza from a Google search.

I have seen some NAD equipment around town so may look into their Viso wireless speaker system.

Can I ask where you've seen NAD in Pattaya ? I had to go to Conice near Siam Paragon to get my NAD headphones and PSB Alpha speakers - would be nice to know if there is a NAD dealer here in Pattaya. Simplicity seems like an odd outfit from their product listing, but I've noticed that with several audio distributors in Thailand - I guess it's all just boxes of electronics after all.

Can I ask where you've seen NAD in Pattaya ? I had to go to Conice near Siam Paragon to get my NAD headphones and PSB Alpha speakers - would be nice to know if there is a NAD dealer here in Pattaya. Simplicity seems like an odd outfit from their product listing, but I've noticed that with several audio distributors in Thailand - I guess it's all just boxes of electronics after all.

Power Buy (both Central Beach Mall and Central Road) and Numchai Sukhumvit (in the past...not sure currently).

Simplicity and Com2U are effectively the same firm. Simplicity in Bangkok and Com2U in pattaya. They are not really an audio distributor but do stock some Sonos products. An English guy called Alex is the boss and he seems to spend his time between Bangkok and Pattaya. I'd suggest you call him, ask what Sonos gear he's got in stock at the Com2U shop in Pattaya and what he's got in Bangkok. If nothing in stock is suitable I'm sure he could order what you need.

I have seen some NAD equipment around town so may look into their Viso wireless speaker system.

This is very, very different to Sonos equipment.

I'm just looking for a decent sounding wireless (wifi, Bluetooth, whatever) speaker system to hear tunes throughout the house without all the connecting wires.

The Viso seems to be more of an iPod dock with Bluetooth than a wireless system like Sonos in which the individual speakers can feed each other. Or maybe it just isn't very clear in the Viso advertising and I need to look harder.

As far as I know Sonos has no real equal when it comes to integrated systems that work throughout the whole house wirelessly. Personally I use mine for listening to music from my NAS or from internet radio or from streaming services like Spotify and Deezer, all of which Sonos can do on its own, though of course Sonos can also play music that is stored on your iThingy or Android device.

I did like the optical input and HD FLAC support on the Viso though.

I should have gone with something more compact along those lines - went a bit overboard for the size of my digs here in Pattaya and just dont feel comfortable cranking my Marantz amp / Monitor Audio BX-2 speakers, but I cant be arsed trying to sell them. I still have the Alphas - surprisingly big sound for such small speakers - but the Marantz does come in handy hooked up to my TV for action movies - I just cant turn them loose on my metal collection the way I'd like to. Thank God for headphones wink.png

(the amp has an internal dac - makes a big difference to the sound I can get from the telly without needing a HT receiver)

http://www.whathifi.com/marantz/pm6005/review

Edited by MrWorldwide

The Viso seems to be more of an iPod dock with Bluetooth than a wireless system like Sonos in which the individual speakers can feed each other. Or maybe it just isn't very clear in the Viso advertising and I need to look harder.

As far as I know Sonos has no real equal when it comes to integrated systems that work throughout the whole house wirelessly. Personally I use mine for listening to music from my NAS or from internet radio or from streaming services like Spotify and Deezer, all of which Sonos can do on its own, though of course Sonos can also play music that is stored on your iThingy or Android device.

No matter how I try I cannot get either Spotify or Deezer to stream to my Sonos system here in Thailand, even tried using a VPN, I gave up in the end, I have premium accounts with both but both sites have omitted Thailand in their list of available to countries, if you have managed to stream these I would be grateful for some advice.

No matter how I try I cannot get either Spotify or Deezer to stream to my Sonos system here in Thailand, even tried using a VPN, I gave up in the end, I have premium accounts with both but both sites have omitted Thailand in their list of available to countries, if you have managed to stream these I would be grateful for some advice.

Strange. Both work perfectly for me.

For Spotify I had to connect via my PC with a VPN once a fortnight, but I've never needed to use a VPN on the Sonos for either Spotify or Deezer. Deezer works perfectly without ever using a VPN. Now that I have a year's free premium sub to Deezer (I recently bought a new Sonos Play 5 with a promo), I dont use Spotify at all.

I wonder which countries your Deezer/Spotify accounts are set to, and which country your Sonos account is set to?

• 1 month later...

Try a factory reset on the Sonos and when you are asked by the Sonos system which country you are in put in the country that your Spotify account is registered with, that will work.