Adding a Non-Formal School to an Existing Work Permit

I have previously worked as a volunteer at a sustainable farming project for which I had a Non-O and a WP. There may be an opportunity to serve at the project again only this time with more focus on teaching English to local staff so that they can then provide training to others.

Furthermore, there is a non-formal private school in the area that would be interested in taking me on part-time to teach English. I have CELTA and UK teaching experience and am currently studying for a degree but am not currently able to work.

Here are my questions:

1. For both roles, can this be done on a Non-O or do I need to request a Non-B visa?

2. Can I add a non-formal school to an existing WP supplied whilst on a Non-O?

Any advice gratefully received.

1. In most provinces the local work permit office will give a work permit to a non-O visa visa holder if he has an extension of stay for living with Thai wife, perhaps also for living with Thai child.

2. A second employer can usually be added to a work permit with the agreement of the first employer.

The first employer would agree to the school being added to the WP so I don't think that there would be a problem there.

Technically-speaking though, I thought that in order to teach, a Non-B visa would be required. (I'm not married and have no kids).

Can anyone clarify this?

If you can get the 2nd employer added to the work permit your current visa/extension would not matter.

The problem will be the work permit. Adding a paid job to an unpaid volunteer work permit will be the problem.

So essentially, in order for the second job to be added to the WP, the first job / role would need to be a paid position, right?

OK. I remember from before that I had to do my extension of stay every 90 days (1900 baht) so if I would have to follow the rules for being a teacher, what would I need to do? (I'm beginning to think that this idea is a non-starter!)

Have the school contact immigration for a list.

In fact, given that it is non-formal education and no teacher license is reqired it might make it even easier. You would now qualify for a 1 year extension of stay, without the need to leave the country.

Based on volunteering you now need to leave the country every year to get a new visa abroad.

When the school approached me last year about the prospect of employing me part-time, they actually looked into getting me a WP but for reasons unclear, told me that they were unable to - it's a small, private school (homeschool?) so I don't know if this had anything to do with the MoE.

Should this plan actually get going, my initial visa application would be done via the farming foundation so I guess I'd have to secure my Non-O or Non-B & WP through them and then find out if it's feasible for the school to take me on as well. However, I think I'd need to get the list from immigration (as Mario suggests) myself and then tell them what they need to do, step-by-step.

I'd love to find a way forward for this. As usual, thanks for the very helpful advice.

"The first employer would agree to the school being added to the WP so I don't think that there would be a problem there."

In addition to the agreement to allow a second employer, the 2nd place will need all of the required paperwork and documents. as if they are the only employer. No shortcuts for seconds.

Thanks for all the input.

I'm not expecting there to be any shortcuts but with regard to the school, as I'd probably have to do the legwork myself, I do want to be forearmed with all the information I might need if this is going to be possible.

Once again, much appreciated.