Santa in Schools - is he on the Roll Call?

David48

Please don't have a go at mikecat about this.

But teach me something ... is this common through about the Thai School system? Public or Private?

In the school that I teach they have all sorts of Christmas activities and Santa comes to assembly on Christmas day and the kids sing jingle bells.

I'm always up to learn something new about Thailand.

They actually spent good money to buy red felt hats for the students to wear - just for ten minutes while singing four lines from "We wish you a merry christmas". Meanwhile the desks in the classrooms are falling apart and most of the melamine has worn off the whiteboards so you can't erase anything in certain spots. Priorities!

• Like 2

Yeah I usually dress up as Santa at my school, and also sometimes visit some of the nearby kindergartens just for fun. Our school often has either a half of full day (Along with 1-2 weeks preparation lol) devoted towards Christmas activities.

• Like 1

I usually have to play Santa, because I'm old, got a big beer belly, never shave my beard, seldom shower and got such a huge sack to carry. coffee1.gif

When I was teaching, I was approached by the teacher who was doing the organising, and was asked if I could dress up as Santa to hand out presents. I told my wife, and the next day she bought me a complete Santa outfit, When I got to school on Christmas day, all the other teachers were wearing them also.

• Like 1

I usually have to play Santa, because I'm old, got a big beer belly, never shave my beard, seldom shower and got such a huge sack to carry. coffee1.gif

When I was teaching, I was approached by the teacher who was doing the organising, and was asked if I could dress up as Santa to hand out presents. I told my wife, and the next day she bought me a complete Santa outfit, When I got to school on Christmas day, all the other teachers were wearing them also.

Maybe your sack wasn't big enough then? w00t.gif

Had this "duty" at my former school, will do it again this year at my current one.

But I''ll' do something this year to help the poor kids at my school and there're quite a lot. Many of them don't even have a sweater, or similar, it's a very rural area, where Lao Khao still plays a huge role.......

Trying to get used clothes, toys, anything that seems to be useful and give it to them under this "Christmas cover."

An organisation, called DHV, based in Bangkok will support me as well. I've already contacted them and they'll send me some stuff others don't need anymore.

I believe that some schools, making us to play Santa is more making a joke out of us.

If anybody has some reindeer food leftovers, please page me.-wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

Some time ago there was a thread that said Thai's shouldn't wear used clothing, especially from foreigners, as it might cause disease.

What do you mean? To be intelligent and have a healthy common sense all in a sudden?

Unfortunately does our money NOT cause any diseases here.... thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

When I was in Korea the director wanted us to wear clown outfit with the big hands and red nose. We had to make it fun fun fun for the kids.

We had a foreigner dress like Santa. He didn't really do a good job. Eh, it's only for one day.

Is he still wearing the uniform now?-wink.png

When I was in Korea the director wanted us to wear clown outfit with the big hands and red nose. We had to make it fun fun fun for the kids.

We had a foreigner dress like Santa. He didn't really do a good job. Eh, it's only for one day.

Is he still wearing the uniform now?-wink.png

That was over a year ago. I doubt it
  • Like 1