Bus crash kills driver, injures 15 on Phetkasem highway

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That looks like one of these unsafe local made buses? I thought these were supposed to be removed. As they are two narrow and high. Unsafe at speed.

That looks like one of these unsafe local made buses? I thought these were supposed to be removed. As they are two narrow and high. Unsafe at speed.

I concur.

I visited a factory making these objects and the upper frame was made of ... wood. There were no safety measures or strengthening metal frameworks whatsoever.

The concepts of safe weight or load distribution were simply not in the consciousness of the manufacturer.

Somebody is being paid. To keep these death traps, on the road!

What do the speculative posts about the bus's construction have to do with this? It didn't overturn or disintegrate into nothing, it hit the back of another vehicle which would have happened even if it had been carved out of a solid block of titanium.

Agree sviss geez ,

By the logic of those posts it could be his swipes were a bit worn out

But hey this is Thaivisa forum

In any country with sane traffic laws the u-turning vehicles responsibility is to make sure oncoming traffic is cleared BEFORE ENTERINGTHE ROAD !

The truck driver should be charged with involuntary manslaughter which would, at least take him off the road for awhile !

The bus wasn't part of the oncoming traffic, it hit the rear of the truck.

In any country with sane traffic laws the u-turning vehicles responsibility is to make sure oncoming traffic is cleared BEFORE ENTERINGTHE ROAD !

The truck driver should be charged with involuntary manslaughter which would, at least take him off the road for awhile !

The bus wasn't part of the oncoming traffic, it hit the rear of the truck.

Yep

Wonder if the truck had all the lights working thou , and if he was on the exitlane before slowing down , also weight of his load ?