Soldiers confiscate 'Thaksin Strawberry Jam'

webfact

I've seen the photo's of the square face cartoon, and to me it looks nothing like Mr T/S, there is 2 features they are linking to Mr T/S and that is,

a square shaped face and being male, well that rules in Geeezz how many people in the country??? it also could be no one in particular.

Wear is the burden of proof?

You forgot the main 3rd feature.

The OP is a red shirt leader and Thaksin is the chief financier and director of the red shirts.

Fourthly, the cartoon depiction of a square-headed Thaksin by the red shirt leader is quite similar to other cartoon depictions of a square-headed Thaksin by red shirt supporters.

2_4.jpg

THAKSIN+IN+USA+POSTER.jpg

Update:

The leader of the red shirts in Chiang Mai says the soldiers who tore down his stall selling bottles of strawberry wine using a caricature of fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra had done so because of a “misunderstanding” and had apologised to him.

I must not name the source.

Yes, and the plaintiff has dropped all charges and accepts the apology.

I've seen the photo's of the square face cartoon, and to me it looks nothing like Mr T/S, there is 2 features they are linking to Mr T/S and that is,

a square shaped face and being male, well that rules in Geeezz how many people in the country??? it also could be no one in particular.

The OP is a red shirt leader and Thaksin is the chief financier and director of the red shirts.

Fourthly, the cartoon depiction of a square-headed Thaksin by the red shirt leader is quite similar to other cartoon depictions of a square-headed Thaksin by red shirt supporters.

2_4.jpg

What a big offense to law and order! Ah! Ah! It looks like a Benny Hill sketch!

2_4.jpg

2 points:

1. No likeness really. Unless you're name is Stevie Wonder or you're really, really paranoid (like Stalin was).

2. Why should it matter anyway? Thais aren't as daft as many think and realise that their version of 'history' is becoming even more ridculous. The guy that won elections and other important stuff like Japan taking over the place without a finger being laid on them never happened? Most democratic nations have lost a war here ot there and have things that they're not proud of. Ignoring these things is immmature and ignoring consequences. Stupidity, really and is done for one reason. To continue the fantasist myth that Thailand is a special case and actually part of some fairy story. Ignoring history perpertuates such myths and is an enabler for the elite.

So what if it is Thaksin anyway? Does it really matter? (and I'm not at all convinced it is).

Oh it is Mr T but why not? He and his party and supporters the red shirts won elections until the unelected opposition hijacked the airport and caused untold damage to the reputation of Thailand. The world really looked at the politics of Thailand for the first time.They then won another election. And will win another one. He has mass support and is an astute political leader. He got votes when his influential and rich opponents could not. So if his image on a jar of jam causes so much panic, and reading 1984 causes distress and using a three fingered salute is banned then the authorities lack credibility. A jar of jam! Sorry: it's pathetic and hats off to those brave'jam dealers' who lifted the lid, with a sense of humour, on the inequities of the situation. I have been aware of the power of cartoons as a political tool for years but to put a cartoon on a jam jar is priceless. Bravo!

Oh it is Mr T but why not? He and his party and supporters the red shirts won elections until the unelected opposition hijacked the airport and caused untold damage to the reputation of Thailand. The world really looked at the politics of Thailand for the first time.They then won another election. And will win another one. He has mass support and is an astute political leader. He got votes when his influential and rich opponents could not. So if his image on a jar of jam causes so much panic, and reading 1984 causes distress and using a three fingered salute is banned then the authorities lack credibility. A jar of jam! Sorry: it's pathetic and hats off to those brave'jam dealers' who lifted the lid, with a sense of humour, on the inequities of the situation. I have been aware of the power of cartoons as a political tool for years but to put a cartoon on a jam jar is priceless. Bravo!

Why not? Maybe because of martial law.

The latest trick of the criminal fugitive! To pervasively corrupt minds by putting his face on jars of jam. Every time people will enjoy the good taste of strawberry jam they will see his square face and associate it with a sense of well-being. The subliminal effect will raise a positive attitude towards Mr.T. among citizen. Not to mention money laundering from the sales of jars of jam, that will be used for vote buying! It was hight time that the police stopped this perversion!

Now Mr T/S haters out there, don't get your knickers in a twist,

The facts are, The soldiers did not give their rank, (REQUIARD) did not give any documents (REQUIARED), did not give a reason for confiscating the products , isn't that required even under martial law? he proprietor had all correct documents and registrations, HE FOLLOWED THE LAW!!!! how many businesses do you know that aren't registed, un-documented, and not following the law and therefore not paying taxes????????????????

AREN'T THREY REQUIARED TO? BLOODY WELL YES!!!

he was shut down because of his political views and that is all, regardless of any affiliation to any group, try that in a regular country and see how you go in a court of law,

Seems the soldiers could be in a bit of a JAM if this to much traction in the media.

Keep repressing a people and guess what, you reap what you sow.

well, not only that, ...

the original report from which this one was taken, did not say it was a thaksin head, but just reported that the square head was assumed by the military guys to have looked like thaksin's head.

2_4.jpg

2 points:

1. No likeness really. Unless you're name is Stevie Wonder or you're really, really paranoid (like Stalin was).

2. Why should it matter anyway? Thais aren't as daft as many think and realise that their version of 'history' is becoming even more ridculous. The guy that won elections and other important stuff like Japan taking over the place without a finger being laid on them never happened? Most democratic nations have lost a war here ot there and have things that they're not proud of. Ignoring these things is immmature and ignoring consequences. Stupidity, really and is done for one reason. To continue the fantasist myth that Thailand is a special case and actually part of some fairy story. Ignoring history perpertuates such myths and is an enabler for the elite.

So what if it is Thaksin anyway? Does it really matter? (and I'm not at all convinced it is).

in the original report, it was not thaksin, but the likeness was too close for the military. :)

as for thai history and ignoring it, the official version of 1932 inside of Thailand is that Rama VII bestowed a democracy and constitution on the people of Thailand which tends to completely ignore the facts of the situation. Yes, that is directly a myth and an enabler for the elite as you so correctly point out.

The facts are, The soldiers did not give their rank, (REQUIARD) did not give any documents (REQUIARED), did not give a reason for confiscating the products , isn't that required even under martial law? he proprietor had all correct documents and registrations, HE FOLLOWED THE LAW!!!! how many businesses do you know that aren't registed, un-documented, and not following the law and therefore not paying taxes????????????????

he was shut down because of his political views and that is all, regardless of any affiliation to any group, try that in a regular country and see how you go in a court of law,

Seems the soldiers could be in a bit of a JAM if this to much traction in the media.

well, not only that, ...

the original report from which this one was taken, did not say it was a thaksin head, but just reported that the square head was assumed by the military guys to have looked like thaksin's head.

The seller admitted it was Thaksin's head.

• Like 1

well, not only that, ...

So ?

Did you miss the story of the army unit apologizing to the seller and returning the confiscated goods ?

It seems you are beating a dead horse here.

I must say, you sure are a great coup defender.

well, not only that, ...

that depends on which translated report you read.

as I noted, the source for the article posted here has the jam-monger speculating on why the military took his stuff as them thinking the face was Thaksin's, not that he said it was thaksin's face.

well, not only that, ...

So ?

Did you miss the story of the army unit apologizing to the seller and returning the confiscated goods ?

Actually, I did miss it. Do you have a link to it? Not that it's relevant to what I said.

Where have I defended the coup?

still no reports of PDRC / Shutdown BKK t-shirts being confiscated in the south...

Maybe soldiers don't like strawberry jam. coffee1.gif

Are people selling them in the south?

pdrc fashion is an everyday event in the south.

no news about military encounters.

So far...

Poor people are not going to throw away a shirt because some see the picture on it as political message. Mind you, the picture with Democracy Monument is pure provocation of course rolleyes.gif

BTW I got the impression that lots of sides and posters here would love to have Bangkok shutdown because it gets too much of the investments, it's infested with unelected elite, amart, funny farang and whatever.

Nah it doesn't lack common sense Rubl, it exposes the junta for what they really are. It's unfortunate that you refuse to see, and unbelieveable that you condone such nonsense.

Exposes them? Do you mean that there are people out there that don't know they're a self installed military government?

No I don't mean that, apart from being a self installed military government they are also childish and paranoid.

They said no politics. Thaksin is nothing but politics. They've drawn the line at zero.

Yu'p ZERO huh? then go and see what is happening to all the people wearing "shut down BKK" t-shirts, NOTHING!!!

Sorry mate those T-shirts are very much a political statement, so are they being confiscated? No'p, the people being arrested and re-educated? No'p

Ya seeing what so many here are seeing yet? bias on a massive scale and one sided application of the laws is a joke.

Ya can't have it both ways man, you support a no politics law, then it has to go both ways mate. that would be a fair go yeah.

• Like 1

Yu'p ZERO huh? then go and see what is happening to all the people wearing "shut down BKK" t-shirts, NOTHING!!!

Sorry mate those T-shirts are very much a political statement, so are they being confiscated? No'p, the people being arrested and re-educated? No'p

Ya seeing what so many here are seeing yet? bias on a massive scale and one sided application of the laws is a joke.

Ya can't have it both ways man, you support a no politics law, then it has to go both ways mate. that would be a fair go yeah.

Sorry, I missed where they're selling "shut down Bangkok" t-shirts.

Ok lets put it this way, if there was a person walking in the street wearing a "shut down BKK t-shirt and a person wearing a cartoon of a square face male t-shirt, who do you think will have the problem? Now do you see that one side of the people are being censored and the other let to do as they wish.

So it is very far from being "ZERO" isn't it.

Edited by aussieinthailand

Ok lets put it this way, if there was a person walking in the street wearing a "shut down BKK t-shirt and a person wearing a cartoon of a square face male t-shirt, who do you think will have the problem? Now do you see that one side of the people are being censored and the other let to do as they wish.

You're right. It's not quite zero. But I've seen people wearing red shirts without being dragged away by the police, so I don't know where you're getting the "one side being censored ..." stuff. You're trying to compare people wearing "shut down ..." t-shirts with people SELLING Thaksin jam.

• Like 1

You're right. It's not quite zero. But I've seen people wearing red shirts without being dragged away by the police, so I don't know where you're getting the "one side being censored ..." stuff. You're trying to compare people wearing "shut down ..." t-shirts with people SELLING Thaksin jam.

Beyond belief - the lengths some people will go to to justify heavy handed brute force.Not even the tiniest reservations about what is happening in Thailand these days? Even a teen weeny bit? No, not from this guy.

Leaving the foreign quisling element to the margin where they belong, one is much more encouraged at Thai civil sociey and initial supporters of the military intervention.It seems a real debate is at last taking place.

• Like 1

Beyond belief - the lengths some people will go to to justify heavy handed brute force.Not even the tiniest reservations about what is happening in Thailand these days? Even a teen weeny bit? No, not from this guy.

Leaving the foreign quisling element to the margin where they belong, one is much more encouraged at Thai civil sociey and initial supporters of the military intervention.It seems a real debate is at last taking place.

Where was I justifying it? I was just pointing out the bad comparisons.

• Like 1

Brother your a challenge, but ok cool,

A person wearing a "red" T-shirt isn't making a statement unless they are at a protest or rally of some sort, so no you won't see them being arrested,

Now a person wearing a "shut down BKK" is making a political statement, but they don't have any problems do they, like I said it's far from Zero tolerance, it is quite bias to one faction, but I think you do really know this but don't care to admit it.

so let agree to disagree, The fact is the army boys should not have shut him down and confiscated his products on a persons "opinion" that the cartoon looks to much like Mr T/S, therefore a provocative statement that's why it was all returned with an apology as they didn't follow the protocol ie, proof of rank, and required document of the removal of his stall and confiscation of his products, where as the proprietor did follow the laws ie business registration and all required documents.

So ?

Actually, I did miss it. Do you have a link to it? Not that it's relevant to what I said.

Where have I defended the coup?

Bangkok Post, so cannot post link. You have been justifying this action by referring to Martial law.

Brother your a challenge, but ok cool,

A person wearing a "red" T-shirt isn't making a statement unless they are at a protest or rally of some sort, so no you won't see them being arrested,

Now a person wearing a "shut down BKK" is making a political statement, but they don't have any problems do they, like I said it's far from Zero tolerance, it is quite bias to one faction, but I think you do really know this but don't care to admit it.

so let agree to disagree, The fact is the army boys should not have shut him down and confiscated his products on a persons "opinion" that the cartoon looks to much like Mr T/S, therefore a provocative statement that's why it was all returned with an apology as they didn't follow the protocol ie, proof of rank, and required document of the removal of his stall and confiscation of his products, where as the proprietor did follow the laws ie business registration and all required documents.

So, another example of how much control of forums and blogs is needed since the BP article mentions that some websites had stated the UDD leader was selling red shirts ?