Buying a car at the Impact Moror Expo - Pro and cons

You could always go to a dealer (while the Motor Expo is still on) and say (when negotiating for a new car). When I went to the Motor Expo they give me this and this and that for free also (just pick some random accessories you like) , why don't you do the same, do you want me to buy my new car at the Motor Expo and not here ?? biggrin.png

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

You could always go to a dealer (while the Motor Expo is still on) and say (when negotiating for a new car). When I went to the Motor Expo they give me this and this and that for free also (just pick some random accessories you like) , why don't you do the same, do you want me to buy my new car at the Motor Expo and not here ?? biggrin.png

Sometimes you don't even have to do that as provincial dealers will often advertise that they are offering the same manufacturer incentives (usually maintenance, insurance and financing offers) on offer at the show. As for the dealer add-ons like rugs, window films, undercoating, etc., these are usually available outside the show as well. The main advantage of the show is seeing all the models on offer at one place and being able to test drive many of the models at one time.

Do they let you test drive at the motorshow ?

Thats cool, how long can you take a vehicle for ?

The mass market manufacturers, Toyo, Honda, Ford, etc., have a short test track set up on the exposition center grounds to test drive many of their models. (Rolls-Royce and Porsche don't participate.)

Have compared a couple of deals this year from dealer and at Motorshow and found that the deal in motorshow is marginally better. a few more freebies, slightly lower interest, sometimes a little petrol cash voucher thrown in. This was for Mazda CX-5 and Nissan Xtrail comparison.

So, yeah, maybe worth to go, but not huge difference and it surely is not a peaceful environment to think it all thru.

• Like 2

I would try to find a good dealership.

Purchasing from them would establish a relationship which will help you down the road with any warranty issues which crop up.

Hopefully anyway. The motor show is a one time thing, the dealer will be there for a while.

In the motorshow the sales staff actually do represent different dealerships and therefore might have some very slight differences as well. I found that with Nissan and the interest i was offered.

Purchasing from them would establish a relationship which will help you down the road with any warranty issues which crop up.

Hopefully anyway. The motor show is a one time thing, the dealer will be there for a while.

In the motorshow the sales staff actually do represent different dealerships and therefore might have some very slight differences as well. I found that with Nissan and the interest i was offered.

Looking at nissans website the financing is more then the show. On the other hand their fb adds seem same as the show. The staff at the show seems a lot more interested in me being a customer then nissan pattaya.

10 years ago I went shopping at the Motor Show and bought a Mu7. There was good competition and great deals. At the time I was also looking at a Ford Everest who first offered my a 100K discount then called me on my mobile and offered me 200K discount. I still ended up with the MU7. Last year I went to the Motor Show and didn't see too many deals from Isuzu. Pajero Sport offered me a 90K baht discount. I went to my local Mitsu dealership and told them I was offered 95K Baht discount at the show and asked if they could match it. The dealership offered me a 100K Baht discount and I bought from dealership. So the Motor Show is good to see what discounts are being offered and many models to compare under ne roof. Crowds are terrible however.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do they let you test drive at the motorshow ?

Thats cool, how long can you take a vehicle for ?

Yes you can test drive but just in a very small parking lot area and someone goes with you. You have to sign up and wait until they call you. Took me a couple hours before my turn came up but was the clincher after testing a Ford vs Isuzu.

Do they let you test drive at the motorshow ?<snip>

I sincerely doubt it that you can as it's a Show and not a Dealership.

Maybe actually go to a show before commenting on something you obviously know nothing about.

I have been to the Expo (been even when it was still in Bangna), but I never knew you had the possibility to test drive.

Do they let you test drive at the motorshow ?<snip>

I sincerely doubt it that you can as it's a Show and not a Dealership.

Maybe actually go to a show before commenting on something you obviously know nothing about.

I have been to the Expo (been even when it was still in Bangna), but I never knew you had the possibility to test drive.

Test drive is probably a too big a word for just driving up and down the parking lot....yeah, but you can move the car a few meters....so can get at least a very little, remote idea about it...

• Like 1

Have compared a couple of deals this year from dealer and at Motorshow and found that the deal in motorshow is marginally better. a few more freebies, slightly lower interest, sometimes a little petrol cash voucher thrown in. This was for Mazda CX-5 and Nissan Xtrail comparison.

So, yeah, maybe worth to go, but not huge difference and it surely is not a peaceful environment to think it all thru.

motorshow has the best deals, hence tens and thousands of cars are sold every year during this short period.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Looking at nissans website the financing is more then the show. On the other hand their fb adds seem same as the show. The staff at the show seems a lot more interested in me being a customer then nissan pattaya.

Yes, being a one time customer only, don't come back if you have any kind of problem with the car.

motorshow has the best deals, hence tens and thousands of cars are sold every year during this short period.

For many locals, "best deals" may just mean all the stuff a dealer would throw in any time plus maybe a 500 baht petrol coupon thrown into the deal to close it. Unless one wants to see and compare allot of models at one time and place, hardly a reason for most farangs to purchase at the show. This is especially so considering the carnival like atmosphere at the show is not very conducive to hard bargaining or making rational decisions.

Was there today for the last day and it was a crush of people. The prettys were a cut above what I've seen the past few shows. I'm down to either the new X-Trail (gotta be the best reasonable priced SUV in the Thai market at the moment) and the Accord Hybrid (love the tech but not the low car ride). In top spec form, 1.5 and 1.9M respectively.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Virtually all of the displays at the expo are dealerships.

Pros: less negotiating skills needed to get an OK deal.

Cons: crowds, pressured sale, sometimes unable to choose your dealer.

The best deals are available everywhere, but at the motorshow you need less skills to get them :)