Walking Clubs Chiang Mai

pmf113b

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

More talking and eating than walking.

You obviously haven't been on their hikes. Elderly? There's a whole range of ages from 5 years up...

I am relatively fit guy in his mid forties who has been on a couple of these hikes and found them a good 4-6 hours hiking of hilly terrain that gave me a good workout. As Mr Smith pointed out the guy who wrote 'more talking and eating than walking' has in all likelihood not been on one of these hikes. Try giving one of the Sunday hikes a go you will find a great bunch of interesting and active people of all ages. If you check through the archives of the website you will see various past walks that will give you some idea of how challenging or not they are.

The next walk on their website;

A couple of us are going up from the dam behind 700 year stadium to the Hmong village Saturday morning.

Starting at 7:30 at the dam security hut. 16Km round trip 1KM elevation gain and fall.

2l of water required, 2hrs 30 mins up, 30 mins at coffee shop at the top, 2hrs down.

Super fit only.

I look forward to seeing BritMan Too showing everyone up with his youth and prowess.

Edited by anonymouse
  • Like 1

https://chiangmaihiking.wordpress.com/

It's mainly for the elderly though.

Elderly.!!!

over 80 or what????

Here is the first paragraph.

A couple of us are going up from the dam behind 700 year stadium to the Hmong village Saturday morning.

Starting at 7:30 at the dam security hut. 16Km round trip 1KM elevation gain and fall.

2l of water required, 2hrs 30 mins up, 30 mins at coffee shop at the top, 2hrs down.

Super fit only

to be honest it looked more like a hiking club than a walking club. There was other alternatives less intensive.

Is there a walking club in Chiang Mai for the more elderly people?

I do believe that was what the OP was interested in.

No the OP was just looking for a walking club, another poster derailed the thread by mentioning that the hiking club was just for the elderly.

There are a lot of sprightly men and women who go on these walks who are into their seventies but also some younger guys who do some more intense walks. So basically depending on the group and the hike it caters to all levels.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You obviously haven't been on their hikes. Elderly? There's a whole range of ages from 5 years up...

I am relatively fit guy in his mid forties who has been on a couple of these hikes and found them a good 4-6 hours hiking of hilly terrain that gave me a good workout. As Mr Smith pointed out the guy who wrote 'more talking and eating than walking' has in all likelihood not been on one of these hikes. Try giving one of the Sunday hikes a go you will find a great bunch of interesting and active people of all ages. If you check through the archives of the website you will see various past walks that will give you some idea of how challenging or not they are.

Super fit only.

I look forward to seeing BritMan Too showing everyone up with his youth and prowess.

None of the Sunday bunch could do that hike.

It was a special, and it was last week.

Contact malls in your area and suggest they copy 25 year old " Mall walkers Clubs ". Malls in the U.S. open I entrance 2 hours early strictly for walkers, stores, except snack/coffee shops/ closed and is Win-Win. Walkers have access to clean /secure/parking area, sometimes air and TOILETS . Malls benefit as many walkers are seniors who have the most money and can peruse shop windows for later purchase

This, of course, beginning with " contact malls" is probably yet another dream which will never "get off the ground " but I think once in a while a miracle does happen !

• Like 1

Super fit only.

None of the Sunday bunch could do that hike.

It was a special, and it was last week.

1000m climb over 2hrs 30 mins is 400m per hour. Normal rate of ascent. Not that special.

1000m climb over 2hrs 30 mins is 400m per hour. Normal rate of ascent. Not that special.

I agree it's a normal rate of ascent for normal people.

Where did I claim otherwise?

You said "none of the sunday bunch could do that hike"

Ridiculous claim.

BritMan Too is a real hoot. Just because some of the Sunday hikers are females in their 70s he thinks they're a bunch of mall walkers. It's evident he's never climbed Kilimanjaro with them. That's what several of them did just a few months ago.

Please point out any negative post I made about female hikers of any age?

A nice early evening spot for a walk is Nong Buak Park on the south west corner of the moat... Nothing organized but a very relaxing atmosphere for a nice walk

http://strayandsnap.blogspot.com/2010/11/nong-buak-hard-public-park.html

There is a walk in the woods across the street from it next to the hospital I don't think it goes far but it is a walk in a hiking like atmosphere. Trees and a creek. Top of the one in the park. Does any one know the history of that one. It looks like it was a road at one time.

A nice early evening spot for a walk is Nong Buak Park on the south west corner of the moat... Nothing organized but a very relaxing atmosphere for a nice walk

http://strayandsnap.blogspot.com/2010/11/nong-buak-hard-public-park.html

I have exactly the same photo

You were not walking! You were sitting at the coffee shop table drinking who knows what?

Great spot though.