ANA tickets

mike2011

I need some advise with ANA tickets. Now that UA is gone I better by my flight with them, I guess. Buying early might save me some money. Right now, however, I am out of the country. Online does not really work as my test bookings showed that once I interrupt the return flight within the US prices go up 500-600. In the past with UA this was never a problem as 1 stopover was permitted while a second was 75 USD.

Apparently, ANA Bangkok has no email address, at least I cant find it. Does anyone has their email?

Secondly, I think it might be possible that a local travel agent has good deals. Problem here is that they need to be reliable as I would book with my cc. So second request is a recommendation for a good travel agent.

Too bad that UA is gone. With them it was a phone call and all was done...:(

Thanks for the help :)

Have you tried booking with UA directly?

The ANA to Tokyo flights are run as codeshares with UA, so you can still book a ticket from BKK to the US like normal with UA.

that is correct.

you should resort to ua.com to book a ticket to Bkk from US.

Thanks for the kind replies. I checked the websites. Problem is that interrupting the flight at ORD would cost me 500 or more USD.

In the good old days, I got a glass of water or a coffee from the ladies at the UA office while they were booking the flight. In those days, online was always more expensive and had some stupid restrictions. The ladies simply overwrote the program and I got my stopover for free.

To give you an idea. It would be cheaper to fly from my destination rountrip to Chicago in order to take an uninterrupted flight back to BKK than interrupting the flight in ORD.

As for calling ANA in the US, that's certainly an option. I was just wondering if they have local deals like the unpublished UA fare that was only available in BKK.

If you dont mind, let me ask again about a good travel agent who would not ripp me off with credit card?

Thanks for the replies and thoughts smile.png

edit: I need qualify some of the statements about the fares. They are fluctuating heavily. So dont nail me for it.

Edited by mike2011

Finding good travel deals now takes a bit more work than before, but it can really payoff if you do. Take a look here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/527870-airline-information-and-flight-deals-for-expats/

There are some good search engines listed as well as some good articles on how to find a good fare.

What is your routing? When I was in the US, I found a great travel agent via an add in a Thai newspaper we found at a local Thai grocery store. Used them for years, but then found I could get pretty much the same deal from the airline direct. Stop overs are always a bit more difficult.

I m currently not in Thailand but I will be flying out of BKK. If I would be in town it would be no issue at all, yet.....

My routing is rather simple BKK-ORD = Chicago, preferably ANA over UA, and then directly on to a Midwest destination on UA. The return would be again UA to ORD, interrupt for 2 weeks, and continue ORD-BKK preferably on ANA. I know these are co-shared flights. I prefer ANA as UA has service-wise gone down so much and I cant stand these flight-attendants in their 70s or 80s on the Narita-ORD flight. But it is, of course, just a preference.

I saw on the UA website that they still list a contact office in BKK:

Reservations
662-634-1640
662-634-1652 (Fax)

Office Address
PASO Tower, 10th Floor
88 Silom Road, Suriyawong
Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

Hours
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and holidays, closed

Does anyone know if this office does indeed exist? I thought they had closed down operations this year when they ceased their BKK-Narita flight.

I also used some travel agents in the past in BKK but that was years ago. Problem is I m not back till February but need to book rather soon. In the past, the tickets bought IN THAILAND were always a good deal cheaper than anything online. I flew UA of course.