90 day reporting in Koh Samui

You will certainly need a completed TM47 form. Download: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm47.pdf

Not sure about Samui but at most offices just your passport and the TM47 is all that is needed.

Others may want a copies of your passport photo page, visa, extension stamp, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM departure card. Others want proof of residence as well.

You got your post in while I was doing mine. Didn't the new reply notice while I was doing it.

Would he perhaps need one for his first report?

The OP has made the extension on Samui("I get ripped off again by Samui immigration"), the address is in the system just need to scan the bar code and print out new receipt.

I have a Singapore passport and a retirement extension of stay valid to August 15th next year.

1. My 90-day report was done at Samui yesterday, and I can confirm that Nathon Immigration is still not requiring anything other than passport, departure card (and, I thought -- see next paragraph) the TM47. There was no prior 90-day report slip in my passport since I was out of the country in September, returning to Thailand September 9th.

My girlfriend dropped off the documents, and collected my passport and 90-day report slip an hour later, while I waited in the car. When they gave her back my passport, they also returned to her my completed TM47. I thought that was strange as it hasn't happened before. Only when I read PoorSucker's post above did I realise that they perhaps don't need the TM47 any longer. If I had been in the immigration office myself I would have asked why they returned the form to me, but my girlfriend didn't ask because she didn't understand the significance of the returned TM47.

2. I've searched high and low for the answer to this, but can't find any specifics:-

My 90-day report was due December 7th (90 days after my September 9th re-entry into Thailand). Because I have a flight booked to Singapore/Australia on March 10th, I delayed my 90-day report until yesterday after calculating that would give me until March 11th, by which time I would have departed Thailand. I calculated wrongly, unfortunately, and my next reporting date turns out to be March 10th -- I should have waited one more day! So, the upshot is that my 90-day report is due on March 10th and my Singapore flight departs the same day. I do understand that there is no grace period after the due date as it relates to departing Thailand, but my question is: if I leave Thailand the same day as the 90-day report is due, will I technically be in default? To put it another way, am I obliged to make a 90-day report before I leave on March 10th?

I'd much appreciate any expert advice available on point 2.