tired of garbage

stevehaigh

i'm so tired of people dumping their garbage on my soi. the locals are presumably too cheap to pay the orbator 200 baht/year for pickup so they just dump it on the road and often on my soi. (farangs too BTW, not just Thai)

i can't fix the problem on the main road but how about on my soi? i've just cleaned it up again but i know it will look like shit again in a few days.

any ideas anyone? tie a pack of rabid dogs to the bins? machine gun placements? i don't know, i'm all out of ideas. anyone find a way to fix their garbage problem?

I'd set up communal bins. Steel caged that keeps the dogs out.

Provide bins and they'll use them.

Will cost you money but seems worth it seeing it's frustrating you.

actually, i already do that but it doesn't stop the locals dumping right next to my bins

Watch the area of concern. When you see someone “dumping”, inconspicuously follow them home, and make note of which house the trash came from. You must be certain of the house. Go back, retrieve the trash, take it home with you, have a beer, and relax. Wake up early the next morning, around 3-4 am. Take the trash and a pack of firecrackers (I prefer the 1000 salute). Go back to the house the trash came from, place the firecracker 1000 salute in the bag, light the fuse, throw it all over the wall, and run like hell.

Works every time.

• Like 2

Only other thing I can suggest is go to see the orbortor at Rawai and find out how much to swing by twice a week with the garbage truck. They have a dozen of them on the side street just sitting there.

Ask a few neighbours if you can to chip in.

Nothing gets people moving faster here than baht.

Only other thing I can suggest is go to see the orbortor at Rawai and find out how much to swing by twice a week with the garbage truck. They have a dozen of them on the side street just sitting there.

Ask a few neighbours if you can to chip in.

Nothing gets people moving faster here than baht.

there are a lot of expensive homes down our road and a big resort, maybe i should try get all those people to kick in a few baht every month to hire our own personal garbage service, one that actually cleans up after the orbators pickup.

maybe i should try organize a neighborhood meting to discuss it

• Like 2

Questionnaire:

You love him?.....Yes

You love Thailand?....Yes

You love to dump on His Thai Land? Yes.....

Score: idiot level

A senior Thai surgical dentist i knew lamented that it would take 40 yrs for that to stop, i was more optimistic and said 20

Edited by kaorop

That'll generate more trash, just like at the area by Nai Harn where there was a no garbage sign...........The whole area is now a garbage dump.

I saw that today right by the lake as you get to the lagoon.

I think their trying to make a car park out of shit.

I think many Thais just don't know any better as they grow up throwing trash anywhere they want. Most Thai people have very clean floors in their homes but many sweep all the dirt right out the door and don't really care where it goes. We had some new Thais move into our building recently and had to be told not to sweep their dirt out into the hallway and to not let trash sit in the hall way. Condos in this building are not cheap and is about 50/50 farang Thai. They thought it was ok to do, they didn't know better !

I once hired a few local kids to pick up trash around the place I lived up country. I gave them 20 baht to fill a garbage bag. After about an hour and a few bags full I think they started to understand that throwing trash around was not correct.

I think many Thais just don't know any better as they grow up throwing trash anywhere they want. Most Thai people have very clean floors in their homes but many sweep all the dirt right out the door and don't really care where it goes. We had some new Thais move into our building recently and had to be told not to sweep their dirt out into the hallway and to not let trash sit in the hall way. Condos in this building are not cheap and is about 50/50 farang Thai. They thought it was ok to do, they didn't know better !

I once hired a few local kids to pick up trash around the place I lived up country. I gave them 20 baht to fill a garbage bag. After about an hour and a few bags full I think they started to understand that throwing trash around was not correct.

The only reason they have clean floors is because thats where they spend most of their time either eating or sleeping.

Try putting up a few photos of the one they worship