Registered post in Chiang Mai

banagan

Hi guys, I wanna send a bottle of whiskey to China, and also a card with cash money in it.

I'm wondering how straight forward it is to send registered mail from here to China.

Google says there's a post office at Chiang Mai University... a simple bank transfer took a lot of paper work and hassle, so, not sure if this will be the same.

Send them EMS,they should arrive OK,(never sent anything to China)

but what i send EMS to other places always gets there,and you can

also track the parcel on the Internet.

You are going to have to pack a bottle of whiskey very well though.

regards Worgeordie

Just yesterday I was in the Post Office and a Thai woman was trying to send a package somewhere outside of Thailand. I don't know exactly what started the conversation but when my queue was called at the counter next to her, about 4 postal people including the manager approached her and wanted to see the contents of the box. They opened it and inside was a bottle of something - liquor? honey? I couldn't see. But they told her that she absolutely could not send it outside the country. They did give her the option of emptying the bottle and sending just the bottle.

So I don't know....but good luck!

Just yesterday I was in the Post Office and a Thai woman was trying to send a package somewhere outside of Thailand. I don't know exactly what started the conversation but when my queue was called at the counter next to her, about 4 postal people including the manager approached her and wanted to see the contents of the box. They opened it and inside was a bottle of something - liquor? honey? I couldn't see. But they told her that she absolutely could not send it outside the country. They did give her the option of emptying the bottle and sending just the bottle.

So I don't know....but good luck!

They're not big on posting liquids anywhere this year. All to do with explosives, etc.