Bangkok new year and bus to korat

geisha

Hi all, am hoping to spend Xmas in Korat, principally to visit Pi mai, and to get away from Pattaya.Is there a Vip bus from Pattaya to Korat ? I've heard about Nakorn Chai Air gold service, does it go from Pattaya and how long is the trip? Also, I was thinking of Bangkok around New year, but I have a memory of Bangkok being practically closed down at this time . Is my memory right or am I mixing Bangkok up with somewhere else ? I was thinking of doing Chatuchak on a Saturday ( never been) Wat Arun and some shopping.

Thanks.

There are two ways to go. Nakorn Chai Air is one option, though a bit longer than getting the bus to Bangkok and onwards from there. The latter being a bit more difficult due to the transit in Bangkok, but quicker travel times overall.

Edited by geisha

If you wanna go with NakornChaiAir you have to start booking now as these buses are the first ones that get fully booked.

In pattaya they are located, when you drive on Pattaya Klang towards Sukhumvit, when at the traffic lights on Sukhumvit turn right and the NakornChaiAir bus station is around 100-200 meters on the left hand side.

The bus from Pattaya to Korat will take around 5-6 hours.

Edit: Personally I wouldn't go via Bangkok, but Bangkok has one thing for it, that is that there are many many many buses that depart from there, so if you miss a bus you don't have to wait a long time for another one (however all bets are off during New Years period, personally I would avoid travel during that time as it will be a Mad house on the roads)

Good Luck

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Wifey takes a bus to Bangkok as you don't have to make a reservation and the buses (normally) run all the time. Her mother loves a reservation and doesn't like to change buses. The total difference in time is about an hour or so. Depends on traffic.

For me? I'd rather not have to change buses.