All-in-one PC - Do they overheat

Kron

Thinking of buying an All-in-one PC and concerned they might be subject to overheating if used in an un air-conditioned environment here in Thailand.

The display models I’ve seen in the shops, feel warm and they have air-conditioning.

If it is an issue is there a solution, such as the fan stands (Cooler pads) you can get for laptops.

Appreciate any advice.

Have been running this Lenovo IdeaCenter B310 3 years in February and only issue was HD loss last month - but able to clone and replace myself with no issues. I normally use airconditioning but unit does not heat nearly as much as a laptop as air is drawn in at bottom and exits at top back of screen for natural cooling. Almost never have more than low fan speed.

having an early generation Dell all-in-one for two years at the centre of living room, always on but mostly no aircon.

in fact, there is better heat dissipation than a standard laptop. if this is a concern at your context, check one with more bottom and top opening. also, avoid pushing the computer to the corner, for better air flow.

adding a small desktop fan nearby, make you and the computer cooler too !