US invasion of Iraq based on false report of Al-Qaeda's ties with Saddam

webfact

John Pilger writing a piece on propaganda is rather ironic, although I agree with him that we are manipulated by the media. He is more guilty of it than most.

his Palestine Is Still the Issue documentary in 2002 was excellent work

Wasn't that showing on Fox News last week?

John Pilger writing a piece on propaganda is rather ironic, although I agree with him that we are manipulated by the media. He is more guilty of it than most.

his Palestine Is Still the Issue documentary in 2002 was excellent work

Wasn't that showing on Fox News last week?

I don't know but he is an excellent journalist and the only person who wouldn't like his work is someone who has a bias against his subject matterph34r.png

I don't know but he is an excellent journalist and the only person who wouldn't like his work is someone who has a bias against his subject matter.

Sounds like a very biased OPINION. He is considered by many to be a left-wing spinmeister.

Edited by Ulysses G.

We Brits all know that the UK has gone down the pan with excessive immigration and free entry from the EU (that's why we live here) and some people (by no means all) think we should not have joined either Gulf war, but I go back to my earlier statement, we can't understand why you US guys love to bash your country so much in public. Do you all work for the BBC?(sorry they spell that PLO nowadays).

It is impossible to keep up with this topic, does anyone make a summary or take a vote? eg Bush was good x percent, Chaney was not quite so good x percent, Blair was neither up nor down - x percent, etc? We could include - Kurds were ok to gas x percent, Israel caused all the trouble x percent, Democrats believe in Democracy but not in Thailand x percent.

Any volunteers to organise the quiz.

Federal Court Gives “Early Christmas Present” to War Criminals Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Others, Immunizing Them From Civil Inquiry Regarding Iraq War

Late Friday, a federal judge dismissed a civil claim filed against George W. Bush

and other high-ranking officials regarding their conduct in planning and waging the Iraq War,

and immunized them from further proceedings.

Edited by mania

How do people get off blaming the US or "Bush" for something they were up to their eyeballs in too?

Hypocrites.

what b*******t

22 countries provided troops for the war in Iraq and I'll bet yours was one of them. Even Thailand provided troops.

Your comment stands (for you) if your country wasn't one of them, but for others blaming all on the US, they are full of bullshit.

I am not responsible for the government of my country deciding to go to war in Iraq. They didn't consult me before deciding.

However, Bush was responsible as he was determined to attack Saddam regardless of the truth. I don't blame everyone in the US, just the politicians.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

We also know that if Saddam Hussein had let the United Nations weapons do their jobs, there would have been no invasion. Iraq secretly maintained the intellectual and physical capacity to produce WMDs and intended to restart production once sanctions were lifted, so it is not like they were no threat at all.

There are no industrialized countries that don't have the intellectual and physical capacity to produce WMDs. None.

There are plenty of industrialized countries that never had a fairly advanced nuclear weapons program until Israel put a stop to it. Iraq DID. alt=rolleyes.gif>

If Israel did put a stop to it in 1986, then the Mushroom Clouds invading Condeleza Rice's dreams in 2002/2003 were either a clear admission that "putting a stop to it" didn't put a stop to it or that she, like Tony Blair, was getting carried away in the moment.

The nebulous claim that having the 'intellectual capacity" coupled with the "physical capacity" to produce WMDs is sufficient to justify an invasion is pretty sly. Any country that can produce fertilizer has the intellectual and physical capacity to produce WMDs. I suppose one could assassinate all those with the 'intellectual capacity' and so solve the problem that way. I suppose that's what might be meant by bombing a country into the stone age. Then again, I'm sure that some would be able to argue that throwing stones is enough to justify an invasion. In some parts of the world it's certainly enough to have your house bulldozed.