turtle farming

slapout

Guess nobody has looked or has much intrest. I asked as we are asked on this forum what can I do to diversifi, made some money, make money without working, give family a project etc. I trapped/hunted fresh water turtles as a kid, we called them (snaping turtles, they were deemed eatable) they could clean a pond of fish in a season if they moved in, in large numbers. They are travelers if not penned.

Saw my first commercial turtle farm in south La.,it was run by a fellow who also farmed alligators. They were shipping to China then and sold to resturants in and around New Orleans. The only indication I had to his making money was he and his wife had matching Cadillacs. This was before installment payments were popular in that part of the world, The same name is still in the area so the business is still going it appears. Google info says its still a huge market in that area.

Climate is the same, cost of production has to be much less, if you olready own land, shipping much less than air from USA., could probably use vehicular transport, ready market here in Thailand, Huge markey in China, vietnam, and Korea. Just a thought for someone with a intrest. I am too old for anymore new ventures abd have no son who has a intrest.