Military To Promote Prayuth's Twelve Values Via Social Media

Lite Beer

Seriously, please tell me which one of the 12 values you don't like and tell me why.

Don't forget these are designed for the Thais and NOT for farangs.

1. Loyalty to the Nation, the Religion, and the Monarchy

2. Honesty, sacrifice, endurance, and noble ideology for the greater good

3. Gratitude for parents, guardians, and teachers

4. Diligence in acquiring knowledge, via school studies and other methods

5. Preserving the Thai customs and tradition

6. Morality and good will for others

7. Correct understanding of democracy with the King as Head of State

8. Discipline, respect for law, and obedience to the older citizens

9. Constant consciousness to practice good deeds all the time, as taught by His Majesty the King

10. Practice of Self-Sufficient Economy in accordance with the teaching of His Majesty the King

11. Physical and mental strength. Refusal to surrender to religious sins.

12. Uphold the interest of the nation over oneself.

I don't like most of them. And I know many Thais who feel the same. Though the point is only partially that the content of the 12 commandments is objectionable; their existence and the fact that they are being dictated to the country by a government which has precisely zero legitimacy is at least as big a source of opposition.

All of them. Why does one have to be told to think in this way? Will it be a sin if you have a strange thought, you will then go to hell or will you have to hit your body hundreds of times with a foreign object. Or will you be chastised by others who watch what you do and judge you. The outcome from not following the sugested way has not yet been defined.

It’s a form of control handed down by people that at times can be out of control.

With regard to value number 1, if Mr Prayuth cares to look at the large signs written in English outside those places he should be familiar with - military establishments - they state the plural 'Protecting The Religions'. So maybe loyalty to the Religion should be removed from his values.

So, everyone must become a Buddhist now, and dual citizenship will be forbidden?

This is taught by parents, not government.

The education system is a joke. One of the worst in ASEAN, and among the worst in the world.

What customs?

Should be able to explain this to them within an hour.

Please. Even the law doesn't respect the law here. Children are not servants.

9. Constant consciousness to practice good deeds all the time, as taught by His Majesty the King

Nothing wrong with this. Good deeds are a good thing. Again, taught by parents.

10. Practice of Self-Sufficient Economy in accordance with the teaching of His Majesty the King

Basic economics should be taught at school, in great detail. Thais lack any information regarding this. If HMTK has given out info regarding this, his children did not listen.

Like smoking, drinking, visiting brothels, violence, corruption, cheating......

All and all, it's just another brick in the wall.

Tut tut tut Tokay, wait for the knock on the door

Seriously, please tell me which one of the 12 values you don't like and tell me why.

Then again the General may be trying to start his own 12 step recovery program?

I am just waiting to see how he writes his 'Basic Text'?

I wonder if the practice of anonymity will be followed or if one will be outed if they have a relapse? Then sent off to rehab?

attachicon.gifmaobook_edited.jpg

"Unity and Conformity is strength! "

Unity and conformity leading to social happiness and national pride. Excellent idea.

Ratcatcher, I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not ! smile.png

Mao Tse-Tung was the founding father of modern-day China. He laid the foundations for the China we see today. The China that Mao created was the launch-pad for the China we see today. And indeed, China today is a nation that has rapid economic growth, and it is slowly catching up with America and Russia on the world power stage.

Mao is still loved by many people in China. His face still appears in many places. Most countries need a big name person who is going to lead and inspire his nation to greatness. Maybe Thailand needs such a person.

Don't see much 'leadership', nor 'inspiration' from the present incumbent, though.

So, in the meantime, Thailand awaits, with baited breath, the arrival of it's own elusive visionary to lead it out of the wilderness.

The Country of Thailand belongs to the Nation, which consists of the Thai citizens united in their Constitution ruling it, and not the opposite.

The ... has made itself Constitutional, and has than as such given the primacy to the Nation, to the citizens of Thailand, and not the opposite.

Buddhism is NOT a 'religion', there are no 'gods' in Buddhism, it is the life encompassing philosophy as taught by the Lord Buddha, period.

Buddhism is NOT a 'religion' ??

Hold on, let's look at Buddhism in Thailand. Anything to do with a god, or stuff to do with the 'afterlife' IS religion, no ??

If you look at the Thais doing their stuff, giving to charity, giving food to the monks, and all the rest of it. Well, some of them are doing it to make sure that they're going to be re-born as something good in the next life. Yes, supposedly, being a bad person in this life will make you be re-born as something that is not nice and comfortable. Surely, accepting re-incarnation, going to nirvana, karma, this IS religion, right ??

For those who accept re-incarnation, surely, there is a God (or god) that judges and chooses what you're going to be re-born as ?

:)

The mind fairly REELS . . . . . . . . . no ;-?

• Like 1

....sadly nothing to address racism or xenophobia.....or equal rights for people of all races and religions......

Don't be silly Thais don't want that, they just sign conventions to pretend they do. It is a true Thai value and culture, pretending something that isn't and ignoring anything that you don't like.

These 12 values should be practiced by all living in this lovely country

The problem I see is that most Farangs do not like law and order in the country they were born in

These people have trouble with law and order and religion even in the mother country

We need to pray for these evil Farangs

Edited by harryfrompattaya

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

#1 Loyalty to the Buddhist Religion - how does this apply to Southern Muslim and other nonBuddhist Thais?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The problem I see is that most Farangs do not like law and order in the country they were born in

These people have trouble with law and order and religion even in the mother country

12. Uphold the interest of the nation over oneself. Will that be AFTER Prayuth leaves Government as he seems to put his personal ideology ahead of 65 million Thais.

• Like 1

Wind up? I'm biting.

I think it's because most of us find it very hypocritical for the elite to preach to the normal folks how to behave when they act greedily, selfishly and immorally everyday. That is true of our own countries too but here in Thailand it is so in your face.

I hope we can read everything soon on Thai Visa. That's what I'm waiting for........I like his voice. When I was a baby boy I was listening to fairy tales in the radio. Was a similar voice. I enjoyed it. So I will enjoy him now, unfortunately only with under titles....

• Like 1

Costas2008, on 12 Dec 2014 - 18:19, said:

Granted; these are fantastic. I think the implied question is "why does the government need to impose this?"

That will really help with the Islamic insurgency in the South, making them swear an oath of allegiance of Buddhism.

The gross incompetence of the Thai military (now government) at handling this issue carries on and stuff like this is symptomatic of it. People continue to die in their droves.

Meanwhile the army seems more worried about protecting their revenue stream through prostitution and bars in Su Ngai Kolok, much to the disgust of the local muslim population. Of course, this kind of corruption seems to be less prioritised in the dear ones grand plan.