Am I wasting my ‘precious’ time on Thaivisa, or is it time well spent?

frollywolly

I laughed. Now, on a serious note, I am thinking of writing a post analysing this post. The Gist: Whether I have spent too much time reading posts and commenting on posts on Thai visa made by guys who worry they are spending too much time reading and commenting on posts on Thai visa made by guys who probably have too much free time on their hands hence their constant reading of and commenting on posts on Thai Visa. I will need to spend some time weighing up the pros and cons but i Think after some deliberation I might just be able to publish come monday week.

We, the ThaiVisa junkies, live to see that red notifications flags with the numbers inside it,

and the more the better, this to attest that our opinions and feedbacks are not for nought,

and maybe, just maybe, we can make a different by displaying our experiences in life

and bestow some of it on other, be it words of wisdoms or a tid-bits of practical knowledge

and assistant...

I agree Ezzra, my self esteem is entirely dependent upon the little red indicator.

Well OK maybe not, but there are posts that you really appreciate getting a like on. Mostly I get likes on things I shouldn't have said.

Mr C ... you know now ... I am forbidden, by your dictum, to not 'like' your post ... w00t.gif

Sorry Bud.

“Why do you waste your time on there”,she said

I frequently ask myself the same thing.

Aside from some useful information (and unuseful misinformation and rumours) about immigration issues, most of the rest is just agenda-promoting posts whining/whingeing about petty grievances, responding to which is a pointless waste of time. It's somewhat addictive and like most additions, briefly pleasurable but also injurious to one's mental health and well-being.

I think I see a New Year's resolution in the works.

• Like 1

I am writing a novel about contemporary popinjays and wagpasties. Thai Visa is an invaluable resource.

I agree but am frustrated trying to figure out how to navigate forums etc. Getting old sucks in this regard. Always admire on how some of the older "techies" explain things.

You are wasting your time. Look....265,000+ registered members on this site, however, only perhaps 100 or less posters (always the same keyboard bound ones).....ever wonder why? I know why, but can't say.....its sensitivepassifier.gif . Spend your time doing something that adds quality to your life....ya know what I mean Vern?

Frolly,

Nice theory you have running but allow me to spoil it with a few thoughts, 'outside the box', so to speak.

What if Dvaid only spends 1 minute per post. The guy plays in word association, takes less than 5 seconds to send a post. Then there's all the other meaningless short sharp replies he sends, which probably account for 40% of his work here (as opposed to 90% of my stuff).

I seriously doubt David can even sit for 15 minutes straight without getting distracted and guesstimate that only 5% of his efforts here would account for that amount of time.

So, with all that in mind, I'm calling you on this one.

Now this has take me 2 minutes to type out and send which is about 5x longer than what I normally spend.

TVF is a great way to get up to date with certain news, research stuff and have a bit of a laugh.

Furthermore, I'm toying this in the wife's phone whilst waiting in the car, she's run into the shops to grab a coup,e of things.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time ! wink.png

1 minute a post? I dont think so. But each poster can speak for themselves I am sure neverdie.

As I mention in my opening post, each post is not simply the time it takes to type each letter and word, it is all the business that surrounds the post itself. The post is representative of 15 minutes spent here on Thaivisa.

If someone wants to spend almost a year of their life making posts here on Thaivisa then that is their choice to make. They are fortunate to have a supportive family and no obligations to be ableto have so much time on their hands.

Frolly,

Nice theory you have running but allow me to spoil it with a few thoughts, 'outside the box', so to speak.

What if Dvaid only spends 1 minute per post. The guy plays in word association, takes less than 5 seconds to send a post. Then there's all the other meaningless short sharp replies he sends, which probably account for 40% of his work here (as opposed to 90% of my stuff).

I seriously doubt David can even sit for 15 minutes straight without getting distracted and guesstimate that only 5% of his efforts here would account for that amount of time.

So, with all that in mind, I'm calling you on this one.

Now this has take me 2 minutes to type out and send which is about 5x longer than what I normally spend.

TVF is a great way to get up to date with certain news, research stuff and have a bit of a laugh.

Furthermore, I'm toying this in the wife's phone whilst waiting in the car, she's run into the shops to grab a coup,e of things.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time ! wink.png

1 minute a post? I dont think so. But each poster can speak for themselves I am sure neverdie.

As I mention in my opening post, each post is not simply the time it takes to type each letter and word, it is all the business that surrounds the post itself. The post is representative of 15 minutes spent here on Thaivisa.

If someone wants to spend almost a year of their life making posts here on Thaivisa then that is their choice to make. They are fortunate to have a supportive family and no obligations to be ableto have so much time on their hands.

Sure, I understand there's much more to than the typing of a few words....for example, one must first read the thread, the. Others comments, then post....but my point was, your assuming David's xx amount of posts are all like this.

I'd guesstimate nearly half of David's work involves a process more simpler than that, for example, word association, hundreds of posts, all 2 seconds long.

I'm done wi reading everything in it's entirety of this forum.....I'm here to educate you biatches to life as neverdie sees it, so I read even less than I use to.

Some of us also do two things at once. For example, yesterday Australia killed India in the cricket.....I endulged in both a bit of TVF and Cricket, amongst other tasks. When I drive up the road with 26 family members balancing in the rear of my pickup I do some of my best posting, the thrill of running things over and going thru red lights really inspires my creative side ;)

Anyway, has anyone ever told you

"You tink too mutt"

• Like 2

Total waste!

Your chance of winning the Thaivisa Poster of the Year award is nada.

Oct 2006. Jingthing joins

55,819 posts since

55,819 x 15 minutes = 837,285 minutes = 13,955 hours!

Assuming Jingthing has to sleep, then that translates to 1,163 days on Thaivisa in 8 years!!! (12 hour days)

Breaking it down a little more, this is 145 twelve hour days per year, or 4.77 hours every single day for the last eight years!

Frolly, you're not doing too bad, but there are some TV members that really need to get out more.

Mr Wolly ... you've created a monster ... facepalm.gif

Why you singled out me to do your calculations is broadly apparent, the Forum's not dumb.

But what do you make of the likes of ...

xphoto-thumb-222439.jpg,q_r=1417108189.p

Anthony5

Joined 01-10-14 ... 958 posts to date ... I'm sure everyone a pearler.

Anthony5, no disrespect ... your name came up as you are quite prolific these past few months.

Mr Wolly ... you've created a monster ... facepalm.gif

Why you singled out me to do your calculations is broadly apparent, the Forum's not dumb.

But what do you make of the likes of ...

xphoto-thumb-222439.jpg,q_r=1417108189.p

Anthony5

Joined 01-10-14 ... 958 posts to date ... I'm sure everyone a pearler.

Anthony5, no disrespect ... your name came up as you are quite prolific these past few months.

Anthony is nothing compared to that Webfact guy....he really cracks it.....and apparently he can also bend spoons with his mind, so beware before you are critical of him. ;)

Clearly the Frolly index is distorted. If you are keeping up with a thread and pop in once and a while. It generally takes a minute to catch up and a minute or so to respond. Occasionally a thread is hot, and it takes a while to catch up if you are late to notice. But that is a once in a while thing, not the norm.

Now, if the Frolly index was reduced to 5 minutes, I am sure there would be some truth to it.