LAN Problems

Commogwinto

I have been using WiFi from my neighbour's set-up (TOT), and recently instead of this, we changed to LAN cabling. Problem is when I open my laptop, the internet starts automatically, or else I have to disconnect the LAN cable. Previously I have used LAN, and this was controlled by desktop application, as was the WiFi. I cannot find any way to restore the LAN to this, can any IT guys there help me please? I have tried to make a new connection but it doesn't work, line is still open. Thanks people....

I have been using WiFi from my neighbour's set-up (TOT), and recently instead of this, we changed to LAN cabling. Problem is when I open my laptop, the internet starts automatically, or else I have to disconnect the LAN cable. Previously I have used LAN, and this was controlled by desktop application, as was the WiFi. I cannot find any way to restore the LAN to this, can any IT guys there help me please? I have tried to make a new connection but it doesn't work, line is still open. Thanks people....

Could you please be more specific about your system. It's pretty much common when you switch your LAN connected notebook on, that you're immediately connected to the Internet.

What do you mean by "line is still open'?" Do you have a router, or using your neighbor's?

If you have a LAN cable to the router then use the network connection and disable and or enable the connection.

A short cut for this can be placed on the desktop.

Open network and sharing center - click on change adapters and right click the local area connection and make a shortcut for desktop.

That should be what you had in the past - right click the desktop icon and use enable or disable function to close or open the cable connection.