Employment in Chiang Mai

perhamus

I am 68. BA/MA (English/History/Asian Studies/Economics), Certified ESL,TEFL,TEFL, and TESOL.Permanent NYS Teacher certification. 33 years exp. Fulbright Scholar. Speaker at 50th Anniversary of UN. Taught at upper levels in US (26 yrs), Australia 1yr), China (4yrs). I am fit having run 32 marathons plus Ultras and I have coached: Am Football, Cross country running, basketball, Collegiate wrestling, soccer (football), baseball...

I have a Thai wife and houses in NY and Sukhothai. I want to teach at Payap, CMU, NIS, or CMIS. I have been in Thailand a lot since 1988. We like Chiang Mai the best. However, I know that 60 is the normal retirement age.

My resume is written using Abiword, which is commonly used in the USA, but, it says it cannot be uploaded. How can I circumvent this issue? I would appreciate contact through my email- (*Edited out*)

Am I employable?- John

Edited by Scott
email edited out

"My resume is written using Abiword, which is commonly used in the USA, but, it says it cannot be uploaded. How can I circumvent this issue?"

Not sure about your employment chances, but as for your resume, either save it as a .doc (as opposed to the abiword format) or print it to a pdf file.

That should get their attention...........................wink.png

Some off-topic posts have been removed. This thread is now in the teaching forum and trollish remarks are not tolerated. If you have nothing constructive to say, then please don't post.

I have also had to remove the email address, which isn't allowed on the open forum.

• Like 2

My resume is written using Abiword, which is commonly used in the USA, but, it says it cannot be uploaded. How can I circumvent this issue? I would appreciate contact through my email- (*Edited out*)

Don't always believe programs that tell you anything. Please see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AbiWord

Wish you best of luck finding the right job and place.. wai2.gif

Payap or CMU may take you. CMIS, I've heard, is now mainly "jobs for the boys", NIS just sacked a number of teachers, contracts paid up to June, I wouldn't be looking to move into that mess with accreditation issues as well.

If you're interested in American schools, try APIS, not heard anything irregular about them for a while.

In reality, at 68, international schools would be reluctant, universities may be a better option.