American stabbed as he intervenes in domestic dispute in South Pattaya

webfact

I think a previous poster got it when he said if you must intervene, then simply go into a nearby shop and ask them to call the police.

Interesting he was stabbed numerous times in the back and in the pictures they have him lying on his... back.

Anyway, another one who can say: "I was only trying to help the Thai lady but she stabbed me in the back...."

Edited by Squeegee

American Troy Pilkington threw a cup of coffee at a Bangkok Taxi Driver, because the taxi driver ripped him off for about TWO DOLLARS.. Troy then paid with his life..keep your testosterone at bay, and leave your emotional baggage at home.. TIT!!!

Police Re enactment of the brutal slaying of Troy Pilkington, done the by accused taxi driver..with a concomitant little smile?

post-169825-0-65950500-1418659377_thumb.

• Like 1

"You try to intervene and one of the participants starts fighting with you (blood already boiling) then the other participant/spouse quickly shifts allegiance and goes after you. Even if they've been fighting with the spouse previously, they are connected and you are the outsider, and a perceived attack by an outsider trumps that from a family member. Completely illogical--and it obviously doesn't happen this way every time--but it's a very large risk in such situations."

excellent synopsis..I have experienced sort of the same thing, working with highly at risk, behavior-disordered youth..I was giving one kid sh-- ( I was a special needs teacher) and a young lady went berserk on his behalf - she advocated on his behalf - Michelle didn't even like the kid. She felt agitated that I was agitated..it really stirred her up.. she punched a metal filing cabinet and put a dent in it..never even flinched..but she'd been in a Romanian orphanage for her first 4 years, sleeping in a bed with 3 or 4 others, abused there like the Dickens....

I don't see any consequences for the woman who knifed the American because it clearly states in the report that the American was much bigger than the French guy therefore she had no alternative but to stab him multiple times in the back!

Yes what a good reason to not charge her, in any civilised country she would be charged end of story

Note to self -- not the town to be a "do gooder" to fighting strangers. That "Americanness" will bite you in the fanny pack every time!

Dont care what town or country. I'm from the USA and once got in the middle of a fist fight between a guy and his wife who where both friends of mine. After i broke up the fight they neither of them spoke to me ever again. Just stay out of it...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If someone has been stabbed multiple times in the back, is it usual for them to be lying on their back on the stretcher? No criticism, just curious.

At least he wasn't so badly injured that he couldn't give the hospital admission staffer his ATM number. smile.png (jokinggggg!)

Yep, was just going to comment on that, seemed very strange to me.

Perhaps the idea is for gravity to drain the lungs of any blood that got in there? Perhaps there is a polythene sheet under him suction blocking the penetrations?

Maybe a new technique, don't know.