American stabbed as he intervenes in domestic dispute in South Pattaya

webfact

American stabbed as he intervenes in domestic dispute in South Pattaya

stab-21.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 36 year old American was stabbed in his back after he attempted to intervene in a domestic dispute involving a Thai woman and her foreign husband in Soi Buakhao on Sunday afternoon.

The incident occurred in front of the SS Laundry & Salon and resulted in Mr. Morgin Kant being taken to Hospital with multiple stab wounds to his back.

Police arrested the alleged attacker, Khun Sunisa aged 21 and took her to the Police Station with the knife she is thought to have used during the attack.

Police Investigators determined that Khun Sunisa was having a heated argument with her Husband, Mr. Hamidi Samir aged 28 from France. Their 3 year old daughter was also there and was crying as she watched her parents fight.

Mr. Kant was walking by and approached the pair and attempted to stop them fighting. During the fracas, he ended up fighting with Mr. Samir who was smaller and was clearly no match for Mr. Kant.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/159372/american-stabbed-as-he-intervenes-in-domestic-dispute-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-15

I don't see any consequences for the woman who knifed the American because it clearly states in the report that the American was much bigger than the French guy therefore she had no alternative but to stab him multiple times in the back!

• Like 2

I love French names lately smile.png

So the guy comes from France, what's the issue with his name?

Should he change his name to something more French just to keep the likes of you happy?

That would be great, so at least French would have a french name

• Like 1

incomprehensible logic : The American was intervening on behalf of the Thai girl and she attacks him for helping her ?

If you read the OP it would then be comprehensible, the American was fighting with the woman's much smaller husband and she intervened to assist him.

incomprehensible logic : The American was intervening on behalf of the Thai girl and she attacks him for helping her ?

I worked with the police (as a civilian) in Canada for seven years and this is exactly the kind of scenario they are trained on. And as another poster here commented, it's why police hate responding to domestic dispute calls ... they're completely unpredictable. You try to intervene and one of the participants starts fighting with you (blood already boiling) then the other participant/spouse quickly shifts allegiance and goes after you. Even if they've been fighting with the spouse previously, they are connected and you are the outsider, and a perceived attack by an outsider trumps that from a family member. Completely illogical--and it obviously doesn't happen this way every time--but it's a very large risk in such situations.

That said, I don't think that I could just turn and walk away in such situations (and haven't in the past) .... I would hope that calm, non-aggressive approach would be more effective than aggressively going after the one of the partners (as may have happened here).

• Like 2

Tourism for Dummies...do not intervene in a Thai dispute...domestic or otherwise...you are likely to get both parties riled up and trying to do you bodily harm...shame for the little girl...but after all...this is not an abnormal scene in Thailand...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The wifey carries a knife around in her handbag ......... must of left the gun at home .. alt=blink.png>

Reminds of the story a few months back about an ex-cop who was selling illegal hand guns to Pattaya teenagers.

He admitted he had sold 162 guns to teenagers within a short space of time before he got caught.

This is the exact same attitude that gets them in trouble all around the world.

They just go out of their way to stick their noses in everybody else's business.

I really struggle to understand this do-gooder mentality, when in most cases they do

not know what they are getting involved in, or why, and it just becomes a mess

like in this small example.

The country & their Government is just a larger example of this story.

I love French names lately smile.png

So the guy comes from France, what's the issue with his name?

Should he change his name to something more French just to keep the likes of you happy?

That would be great, so at least French would have a french name

It was a joke from konying ; I understand like that cause I'm french;

Nobody can be perfect cheesy.gif .