China to punish noodle water-throwing tourists gone wild

webfact

Making Bomb Threats and Released without charge!!!<deleted>!!! What if it was a different Nationality?

I'm confused. So the tourists forced the plane to come back to Thailand and then were released and deported the next day without charge? What is wrong with the Thai authorities? Don't they realise a crime has been committed? I applaud the Chinese authorities for vowing to punish these offenders, but why does China need to do Thailand's dirty work?

As far as Thailand is concerned, they committed a crime in Thailand because 1) the incident occurred on a Thai registered aircraft; 2) it occurred over Thai airspace and 3) the aircraft subsequently returned to Don Muang as a result.

So what does one actually have to do, in order for an incident like this to be considered a crime in Thailand?

In answer to you last sentence, it takes a 'farang' or a black person.

• Like 1

Thailand, TAT, really has no idea what they are wishing for.

Unruly and rude Russians and Chinese, neither were educated with commonly accepted behavior. All gets worse ! People from all over the world stay away from them.

I personally watched a group of Chinese visiting Switzerland. Many hotels in Turkey refuse Russians.

TAT, I hope you are reading this. There will be days coming that you are begging Westerners to come and vacation in Thailand even offer expats ownership of land and businesses to tell friends and family to come please visit.

What is the point of that since westerners spend far less money than Chinese. Many western tourists aren't exactly problem-free either. The real quality tourist everybody want the most is not westerners, but Japanese. Of course the amount of Japanese tourist is a lot smaller than Chinese, but they are very polite, least likely to cause any problem, and spend money.

If thailand ever allows ownership of land to foreigners, most will be bought by Chinese at higher price.

I expect the Thais didn't make waves because they don't want any more negative attention drawn to tourism, even if it wasn't their fault. This pair have a good chance of being banged up by their government, and quite rightly so. They should also be made to pay compensation for loss of time for every passenger as well as overtime for the AA crew.

I know a lady who works at the check in for a well known airline in Thailand. I asked her who were the most difficult travellers.

She said drunk people (of any nationalality) are the worst to deal with, espeacially when they get refused boarding permission for being hammered. But, she did say that the Chinese, Vietnamese and Africans (not sure whom she meant exactly) could be awkward and needed someone to sometimes put them in queues. She said it was sometimes like having a Kindergarten class and that many bring too much luggage and try and bring things like bags of meat through customs.

She said her airline told her it's due to these countrires being new (ish) to tourism and not understanding it properly yet. Perhaps Thais aren't as daft as we think to be fair (although the incident should've been dealt with in LOS, but who knows..perhaps the Chinese gov requested them to be sent home for harsher punsishment.

They will be punished much more in China (the story has become a national story, and one of shame on the nation). I wouldn't be surprised with 15 year jail sentences here.

This lesson will be learned, the (very) hard way.

Edited by Fatty123
  • Like 1

The Chinese passenger/s caused the plane to return to Thailand

As other posters said that should have put the issue in Thai hands. For whatever reason the Thais decided to let them all go on their way.

I know we are 5 pages on this topic but I wanted to add

The Thais could have demanded that these errant passengers face court, confiscate the passports and postpone the court case for a year.

They do that on a regular basis to farangs so I don't see how the Chinese should be exempt.

Regards

I hope the Chinese will be trying to improve their mainland people's image on ALL flights to/from China.

On a flight from Beijing to HK last January, I witnessed 3 kids from one family yelling and screaming all the while running up and down the aisles. The flight attendants didn't seem to mind even though the seatbelt sign was still on due to some recent turbulence. Later the parents and relatives of these same kids were having this loud conversation about 2 rows away from me like they were the only ones on the plane. This fortunately subsided after about 10 minutes, but not until one of the parents decided it was OK to crawl over the back of the seat to get to the row behind rather than going around the end of the aisle to get there.

This might not be bomb threats or suicide talk, but it still tarnishes the mainland Chinese image.

Regarding AirAsia, the guy in the video probably got pissed off more from the flight attendents trying to sell him a scale model of the plane he was riding in or maybe the high-priced makeup they try to pawn off on the passengers during their flights...

Some Chinese people are so rude and have no manner. They think they own the world and show no respect for others.

That's true but when their behavior becomes threatening and causes the safety of the passengers and aircraft to be in danger like in this case, their behavior becomes criminal.

So this matter should not have been treated so lightly by the Thai authorities. The Thai Air Asia flight attendant should surely not have faced translation issues (being a Thai) when explaining what happened to her and all the other little incidents that led up to this on board? So why didn't the Thai authorities act?! Release without charge and simple blacklisting? That's not enough! You're supposed to charge them!

I mean, you have signs (at least at Suvarnabhumi) that suggest that merely not wanting to comply with the security check before immigration is punishable by up to 1 year in prison but shouting, screaming, throwing hot water on a flight attendant and then threatening to kill yourself/blow up the plane is considered less serious?!!!

What am I missing? How stupid were the Thai police in this case? Captain obvious answer: extremely stupid!

Perhaps an agreement was madw between china and thailand for them to punished in china. After all, china is not just goin to slap their wrist and make them pay a fine. They could be looking at prison or worse. Makin china look so bad is going to cost them. Personally i would prefer thai punishment

Maybe; but that's ridiculous (if it turns out to be true). That's like saying if I did something wrong in China an agreement would be made between China and the USA to punish me in the USA. The incident occurred in Thailand. The aircraft is Thai. The airspace is Thai. The incident therefore occurred on Thai soil.

So what are you suggesting if a foreigner gets into legal trouble in Thailand they'll be punished back home? Apart from a few cases like pedophilia, this is not possible. Where an offence has been committed that would be legal in your own country, rest assured that being a non-Thai citizen is not going to save you.

Again, I applaud the Chinese government for taking action (the flight was on it's way to China) but it is still a bit puzzling as to why Thailand didn't punish them more severely in the first instance. What should have happened was (what would have made most sense) the Thais arrest them, charge them, then hand out some sort of sentence. If a prison sentence is handed out, the Chinese government could ask for the prisoners to be extradited back home.

That's what happens in a normal world.

Chinese law can't override Thai laws, just like US or Australian laws don't override Chinese laws!

I do think that money speaks above the law in both Thailand and China. Its hardwired in the gene...

Edited by eddie61

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Some Chinese people are so rude and have no manner. They think they own the world and show no respect for others.

Go and live in HK for awhile and you will experience how the mainlanders hate whitey's and every other race is regarded as inferior

And where exactly did you pick up this gem?

Living in Sydney, we mix with every nationality on earth and there is a high number of Chinese here so i mix and have a great number of chinese friends and neighbours in Sydney, they fit into the comunity just like anyone else so i went to China once on business (not as a tourist) so i was with the real Chinese, the conference and trade show was to go on for 7 days buy i left after 2 days, Mr Stickyrice says "Some Chinese people are so rude and have no manner. They think they own the world and show no respect for others." I strongly agree with the first part of your statement, the Cinese people i know here in Sydney are so nice and friendly but not everyone is the same, what a shame. PS Anyone like LINT chocolate ?

Weren't there any white men on the airplane to slap this Chinaman?

I can see Thais just putting there heads in the sand but any self-respecting European or American is going to stand up after five minutes of this crap and physically end the confrontation, especially after the bomb threats and hot water attack.

I would have loved to crushed his head with my knee.

I hear there are still some "re-education schools" for troublesome Chinese. I hope this couple is sent upcountry to learn the superiority of agricultural pursuits.

• Like 1

they have anger issues. i was on a bus and one got up and started hitting another man on the head who was seated behind him. the bus stopped and driver threatened to leave them on the road. but after nothing else, just continued the trip like nothing happened.

Really, your above statement goes for so many people from several nations/countries.

In no particular order, just which come to mind:

USA (of course first)

Russians (of course second)

Germans

English (probably should be second or third)

French

the other TV members here can complete the list.

Really, your above statement goes for so many people from several nations/countries.

In no particular order, just which come to mind:

USA (of course first)

Russians (of course second)

Germans

English (probably should be second or third)

French

the other TV members here can complete the list.

You don't admit your nationality but this is of course only opinion.

I take a different approach to this incident.

First, I will never fly Thai Air again. I won't knowingly fly on an unsafe airplane.

It is clear that this airline has little regard for it's passenger's safety. These Chinese knobs put the airplane and ALL it's passengers in grave danger. Thia Air's response....let them all go, not important enough to arrest them. Air piracy /terrorism charges should have been filed against them. These people should not have been let go by Thailand. This says a lot about Thai Air policy.

Kudos for the Chinese govt to take harsh punishment actions to these farmers. I have lived in China over 10 years, and rest assured they will no be happy campers after China gets thru with them. They will lose everything, not to mention the loss of face with their family and friends. Life will get very hard for them now.

Still, Thailand did all the wrong things. THEY have lost big face (again) within the international community. I used to visit Thailand an average of 6 times a year up to about 2010. I since crossed off Thailand as a vacation destination and spend my time and money in other "safer" locations. This is just one more example of the danger a tourist faces in or about the Kingdom.

dont wear a helmet when riding a motorbike cheesy.gif

Making Bomb Threats and Released without charge!!!<deleted>!!! What if it was a different Nationality?

I'm confused. So the tourists forced the plane to come back to Thailand and then were released and deported the next day without charge? What is wrong with the Thai authorities? Don't they realise a crime has been committed? I applaud the Chinese authorities for vowing to punish these offenders, but why does China need to do Thailand's dirty work?

As far as Thailand is concerned, they committed a crime in Thailand because 1) the incident occurred on a Thai registered aircraft; 2) it occurred over Thai airspace and 3) the aircraft subsequently returned to Don Muang as a result.

So what does one actually have to do, in order for an incident like this to be considered a crime in Thailand?

Weren't there any white men on the airplane to slap this Chinaman?

I can see Thais just putting there heads in the sand but any self-respecting European or American is going to stand up after five minutes of this crap and physically end the confrontation, especially after the bomb threats and hot water attack.

I would have loved to crushed his head with my knee.

I hear there are still some "re-education schools" for troublesome Chinese. I hope this couple is sent upcountry to learn the superiority of agricultural pursuits.

Yeah, great plan. Escalate the whole situation.

No action taking by Thailand as the current leadership does not want to rock the boat with their new friends in Beijing and their over emphasis on Chinese tourism. Had this been a falang incident you can rest assured it would have received a very different response. Playing favorites is a national trait that removes ethical actions from the equation. Pathetic.

• Like 1

This airline has a policy of paying extra to choose seats. I am wandering if check in staff deliberately separate people who check in together and do not allow them to change seat on the plane, as a way to force people to pay the extra charge. This same thing happened to my family of 3.we were all seated in different area, including my little 6 year old. These airline staff need training in defusing dangerous situations as there will always be some unhappy people. Asking another single person if they could swap seats,would have been easy and helpful. Airline staff need to understand that they are there to help.not escalate the problem. The 2 chinese really should write a letter of complaint.

This airline has a policy of paying extra to choose seats. I am wandering if check in staff deliberately separate people who check in together and do not allow them to change seat on the plane, as a way to force people to pay the extra charge. This same thing happened to my family of 3.we were all seated in different area, including my little 6 year old. These airline staff need training in defusing dangerous situations as there will always be some unhappy people. Asking another single person if they could swap seats,would have been easy and helpful. Airline staff need to understand that they are there to help.not escalate the problem. The 2 chinese really should write a letter of complaint.