Passport Number Id For Thai Bank Account

I opened my Thai bank account with my previous passport, and now I am about to get a new passport. I think the thing to do now is to go into my bank and make sure the change gets recorded. I hope that turns out to be as easy as it sounds.

Anyway, on a related question, I am going to need to get a letter from my bank confirming balance for visa purposes. Does anyone know if Thai banks will need to see my passport to get the letter, and also whether the letter will state the passport number? In my case, Siam Commercial Bank.

Can not speak for SCB but at Bangkok Bank the passport number change was an issue when making first new passbook after change but the visa transfer stamp in my new passport provided a link to the old passport number so they were happy with that.

You will need passport for Bank letter as ID I suspect but on Bangkok Bank letters that I get only the Name, account number and amount are listed.

Apart from opening the account I do not recollect ever being asked for my passport again.

If I need ID for a transaction I use my Thai driving licence.

When I needed a letter for visa extension there was never a problem because the passport No had changed.

This was at KTB.

There is no issue with passport number. As long as your face and signature hasn't changed, you won't have any issue.

Your account is not linked to a passport number. Otherwise, it would be an issue.

Since all these years i'm at SCB, i'm now using my 3rd passport and never had any issue. (Why 3? 1 full and 1 changed for electronic one.)

There is no issue with passport number. As long as your face and signature hasn't changed, you won't have any issue.

Your account is not linked to a passport number. Otherwise, it would be an issue.

Since all these years i'm at SCB, i'm now using my 3rd passport and never had any issue. (Why 3? 1 full and 1 changed for electronic one.)

Thanks for that. Have you bothered to update your passport number with the bank records and/or online banking system?