My 11 month old Ford wild track with 40,000KM is Dead and NO ONE WILL HELP,.. PLEASE HELP!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir,

Maybe it's an "Optical Illusion", but it seems to me that you're not alone in your sufferings from Thailand's Ford total lack of 'service'. With the regularity of a Swiss Clock, I read similar stories about the abhorrent treatment of Ford customers in this Forum and a number of others.

I strongly suggest that you get in touch with the Thai Office named the Thailand Consumer Protection Board. This Board is a department which resorts directly under the Prime Minister's Office and these people appear to be very "service-minded" and they are also a very powerful entity within Thai society, who; after taking your case in, will not fiddle about and/or sit on their hands: they're pretty darn quick of the mark !

Simply Google "Thailand Consumer Protection" and you'll hit pay-dirt quickly (I guess we're not allowed to quote web-sites here).

I sincerely hope you will be able to get a rapid resolve and next time when you go shopping for a reliable pick-up (top-speed: 195 km/hr !) try looking into the Toyota line-up. Their service is, in fact, second to none - and I say that from personal experience over 22 years in Thailand.

Cheers,

JGK

thumbsup.gif

@ OP.

Which dash light came on ?

attachicon.gifranger instrument cluster.jpg

Hi

First #16 came on. Then pulled over and switched off and waited a few minutes to restart. After driving off #16 came on again, few minutes later #3.

Now both #16 and #3 show. Ford resets the computer with the device and goes out for 15 mins, every time they come back #3 and #16 are on.

Sir,

Maybe it's an "Optical Illusion", but it seems to me that you're not alone in your sufferings from Thailand's Ford total lack of 'service'. With the regularity of a Swiss Clock, I read similar stories about the abhorrent treatment of Ford customers in this Forum and a number of others.

I strongly suggest that you get in touch with the Thai Office named the Thailand Consumer Protection Board. This Board is a department which resorts directly under the Prime Minister's Office and these people appear to be very "service-minded" and they are also a very powerful entity within Thai society, who; after taking your case in, will not fiddle about and/or sit on their hands: they're pretty darn quick of the mark !

Simply Google "Thailand Consumer Protection" and you'll hit pay-dirt quickly (I guess we're not allowed to quote web-sites here).

I sincerely hope you will be able to get a rapid resolve and next time when you go shopping for a reliable pick-up (top-speed: 195 km/hr !) try looking into the Toyota line-up. Their service is, in fact, second to none - and I say that from personal experience over 22 years in Thailand.

Cheers,

JGK

thumbsup.gif

@Jaapfries - Thanks so much, i will do that. will keep you informed...

UPDATE:

We were on the phone with Ford Call Center yesterday afternoon to tell them to rebuild my broken truck for today or tomorrow's collection by my team. (i will send lawyer and 1-2 others and will tell you why in a sec).

The call center said noted but when i collect my car, Ford will have me sign a waiver that i am aware of problem but still drive at my own risk. WOW .... this is really rubbing me the wrong way. SO,.. now you know why i will send a team to get the car... i am thinking;

1. Get the truck but sign NOTHING

2. Get a picture of the errors on the console, get my drivers all friendly with the mechanics so we can get a snap shot of the console errors. (i mean the console that they plug in to read the error messages).

3. Get as much info from them as possible regarding problem, any frustrations they have with BKK Ford.. try to get info...

Next i will head to Bangkok, Will have them prepare a "consumer complaint" and submit to Thailand Consumer Protection Board like what was suggested above. I will also find a place for others to join incase there are a lot more with the issue, we can push more with numbers.

Once that is prepared, i will stop at Ford's main office, hopefully with a few others and my team and see if they have any additional new for me.

Finally log my complaint, get it in the media, and perhaps return the broken truck to them leaving is locked in their front entrances with leaflets inside explaining what a broken truck is all about.

After sending a letter to USA Head office of Ford, 5 days later (last night) got a reply

"Dear XXXXX,

Your message has been forwarded to the appropriate contact in Thailand.

Thank you!

Shexxxx xxxxxxx"

HMM... whistling.gif i got the same response from Ford USA on twitter 7 days ago and all that did was link Ford Thailand with me so they could tell me 26 Feb.

I have read a lot of posts from everyone,... wai.gif thank you so muchwai2.gif . I will continue to update as events unfold.

@ OP.

Hi

First #16 came on. Then pulled over and switched off and waited a few minutes to restart. After driving off #16 came on again, few minutes later #3.

Now both #16 and #3 show. Ford resets the computer with the device and goes out for 15 mins, every time they come back #3 and #16 are on.

It appears to be you r whole power train , and the last 3 lines " if the engine does not start....." are typical of the stupidity of Ford.

post-216533-0-30746700-1418781545_thumb.

Edited by NE1

@ OP.

Hi

It appears to be you r whole power train , and the last 3 lines " if the engine does not start....." are typical of the stupidity of Ford.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2557-12-17 at 08.55.38.png

Thanks for sharing, so based on all this, in theory i can drive it until it does not start....

Don't drive it at all, that will only give Ford a way out and blame you.

When you collect, use a tow truck, or better one of those trucks where you put the car on top of it (sorry, don't know how you call that in English).

When you collect, use a tow truck, or better one of those trucks where you put the car on top of it (sorry, don't know how you call that in English).

We call they Ro - Ro , pronounced row row. Short for roll on roll off. Bed slides back and down. Only way to haul a low slung car.

Sorry to hear about your Ford problems.

After sales service is non existent in Thailand as you must be aware ... you've been here 17 years ..

It sounds like you are doing as much as possible to get this issue resolved. I believe the two coarses you need to push for a proper resolution are the media approach & lawyer letter / discussions with high up Ford management.

Lawyer letter to Ford CEO both in Thailand & cc US.

As much media coverage as you possibly can do to discredit Ford and there operations here. TV, Nation, Bangkok post, Facebook can also work pretty good in cases like this.

I think these are the two areas to focus on most to achieve your goal. Just my opinion ..

good luck .... wai2.gif

you shoulda bought the chevy ;)

wow,... i thought if i did not sign the waiver i would be ok. Noted... ok, change of plan needed. Either tow or flat bed truck it, ok...

It's either a flat bed or a table top .... basically a truck without the side gates on the back.

Just need a loading ramp to get the ford up to the same level.

Sorry to hear about your Ford problems.

After sales service is non existent in Thailand as you must be aware ... you've been here 17 years ..

It sounds like you are doing as much as possible to get this issue resolved. I believe the two coarses you need to push for a proper resolution are the media approach & lawyer letter / discussions with high up Ford management.

Lawyer letter to Ford CEO both in Thailand & cc US.

As much media coverage as you possibly can do to discredit Ford and there operations here. TV, Nation, Bangkok post, Facebook can also work pretty good in cases like this.

I think these are the two areas to focus on most to achieve your goal. Just my opinion ..

good luck .... wai2.gif

you shoulda bought the chevy wink.png

Yes, yes and yes,... 17 years and know what to expect, but never dreamed this EXTREME. Ford is still saying Feb 26... and drive at your own risk ...

Thanks, i agree with you. well... except for the Chevy part LOL laugh.png

I just sent this email to Ford Thailand Service ([email protected]} and Ford Motor Company Service (Frederiek Toney Vice President, Ford Customer Service Division/Vice President

[email protected]) in Dearborn, Michigan; hope it helps.

Dear Sir

My wife and I are looking for a new vehicle (pickup truck) and we have narrowed our search down to Ford, Chevrolet and Isuzu.

The Ford vehicle we are considering is the Ford Ranger Wildtrak; however after reading a Wildtrak owner’s problems with Ford Service in Thailand, I now have serious doubts.

Please read this frustrated man’s blog entry in Thai Visa Forum: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/784552-my-11-month-old-ford-wild-track-with-40000km-is-dead-and-no-one-will-help-please-help/

Please respond within 30 days with a reasonable answer to this man’s problems. If I do not hear from you within that time frame, our choice of vehicle purchase will be either Chevrolet or Isuzu.

@OP: the 3.2L engine comes from South Africa, not Thailand, and they have evidently had supply chain issues with it from day #1 (which is why you waited so long for it in the first place).

When did Ford move production from the UK Dagenham plant ?

I know they took an Arial photo of the plant but it didn't come out because somebody moved!

Update on my posts.

My wife has informed me that the Ford problem has been mentioned on Thai TV channels 5 and 6 last night and this is becoming big news.

One owner alleges that Ford told him in order to cut costs and sell cheaper to the customers, Ford are using inferior parts in their cars.

Type: ford thailand problem, into Google. It appears to be loaded with complaints.

Back in the States, in Spain and the UK I always had Ford cars, they were fantastic, never had any problems and a few months ago was considering buying a new Ford for my daughter. Lucky to have seen the TV news reports and this thread that has convinced me to go for a Toyota instead.

Our next truck won't be a Ford by the sounds of things either.

Perhaps a BT50. Maybe Mazda could get you the parts you require? After all the Ranger and BT50 share an almost identical drive train and chassis. Worth investigating at least.

I just sent this email to Ford Thailand Service ([email protected]} and Ford Motor Company Service (Frederiek Toney Vice President, Ford Customer Service Division/Vice President

[email protected]) in Dearborn, Michigan; hope it helps.

Dear Sir

My wife and I are looking for a new vehicle (pickup truck) and we have narrowed our search down to Ford, Chevrolet and Isuzu.

The Ford vehicle we are considering is the Ford Ranger Wildtrak; however after reading a Wildtrak owner’s problems with Ford Service in Thailand, I now have serious doubts.

Please read this frustrated man’s blog entry in Thai Visa Forum: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/784552-my-11-month-old-ford-wild-track-with-40000km-is-dead-and-no-one-will-help-please-help/

Please respond within 30 days with a reasonable answer to this man’s problems. If I do not hear from you within that time frame, our choice of vehicle purchase will be either Chevrolet or Isuzu.

Thank you so much!! clap2.gifwai.gif , i also forward the original mail i sent to the states just to make sure they get a copy.

UPDATE:

We were on the phone with Ford Call Center yesterday afternoon to tell them to rebuild my broken truck for today or tomorrow's collection by my team. (i will send lawyer and 1-2 others and will tell you why in a sec).

The call center said noted but when i collect my car, Ford will have me sign a waiver that i am aware of problem but still drive at my own risk. WOW .... this is really rubbing me the wrong way. SO,.. now you know why i will send a team to get the car... i am thinking;

2. Get a picture of the errors on the console, get my drivers all friendly with the mechanics so we can get a snap shot of the console errors. (i mean the console that they plug in to read the error messages).

3. Get as much info from them as possible regarding problem, any frustrations they have with BKK Ford.. try to get info...

Next i will head to Bangkok, Will have them prepare a "consumer complaint" and submit to Thailand Consumer Protection Board like what was suggested above. I will also find a place for others to join incase there are a lot more with the issue, we can push more with numbers.

Once that is prepared, i will stop at Ford's main office, hopefully with a few others and my team and see if they have any additional new for me.

Finally log my complaint, get it in the media, and perhaps return the broken truck to them leaving is locked in their front entrances with leaflets inside explaining what a broken truck is all about.

After sending a letter to USA Head office of Ford, 5 days later (last night) got a reply

"Dear XXXXX,

Thank you!

Shexxxx xxxxxxx"

HMM... whistling.gif i got the same response from Ford USA on twitter 7 days ago and all that did was link Ford Thailand with me so they could tell me 26 Feb.

I have read a lot of posts from everyone,... wai.gif thank you so muchwai2.gif . I will continue to update as events unfold.

he fault.

I'm really not sure what legs you have to stand on here...

If you collect the truck, Ford can confidently then argue you didn't provide them access to the vehicle to correct the fault - how is that possibly going to work in your favor? Also, it appears you have lead them to believe you intend to have an unauthorised repairer work on it, which would grounds for them to void your warranty. Moreover, they have warned you that driving the car now could cause further damage, which would be reasonable grounds for them to be able to walk away from any responsibility. It seems to me this course of action can only end badly?

Furthermore, they haven't said they won't fix it, they have said it requires a part which they won't have in stock until the end of Feb.

There's nothing in the warranty that states they will supply you with a loaner, nor is there any guarantee of how fast they will effect a warranty repair.

Bottom line: you are at their mercy. I'm sure your lawyer has already advised you of that though. I find it difficult to believe your lawyer is advising you to remove the car?

Edited by IMHO

UPDATE:

"Dear XXXXX,

Thank you!

Shexxxx xxxxxxx"

he fault.

If you collect the truck, Ford can confidently then argue you didn't provide them access to the vehicle to correct the fault - how is that possibly going to work in your favor? Also, it appears you have lead them to believe you intend to have an unauthorised repairer work on it, which would grounds for them to void your warranty. Moreover, they have warned you that driving the car now could cause further damage, which would be reasonable grounds for them to be able to walk away from any responsibility. It seems to me this course of action can only end badly?

Furthermore, they haven't said they won't fix it, they have said it requires a part which they won't have in stock until the end of Feb.

There's nothing in the warranty that states they will supply you with a loaner, nor is there any guarantee of how fast they will effect a warranty repair.

Bottom line: you are at their mercy. I'm sure your lawyer has already advised you of that though. I find it difficult to believe your lawyer is advising you to remove the car?

agree .... There is nothing wrong with doing all you can to get the problem solved as promptly as possible such as the media attention and the lawyers letters as has been done & suggested.

However, even though it does all sound bad that they are going to take more than 2 months to fix the vehicle, they are following through on there requirement under the warranty .. ( fix the problem )

Yes, the Ford after sales service is crap ... yes, it stinks that they won't give you a loan vehicle in the meantime .... yes, it's pathetic that they don't know whats wrong with it ....

but , really .... have they not done anything that is within the warranty agreement. ?

wai2.gif

ah .... just seen your reply on the post below ....

Edited by steven100

UPDATE:

"Dear XXXXX,

Thank you!

Shexxxx xxxxxxx"

he fault.

Thanks for your post.

The lawyer advises it needs to move because it is up country and not the dealer it was purchased at.

In order to lodge a complaint with Consumer department in Thailand, i have been told the truck needs to go too.

I will have someone call and check if that is really the case. I have given them over 9 days to do nothing.

i will continue to think carefully and let lawyer double check before next move, ... of course as of now truck is still with them.

Edited by Maesotthailand

UPDATE:

"Dear XXXXX,

Thank you!

Shexxxx xxxxxxx"

he fault.

agree .... There is nothing wrong with doing all you can to get the problem solved as promptly as possible such as the media attention and the lawyers letters as has been done & suggested.

However, even though it does all sound bad that they are going to take more than 2 months to fix the vehicle, they are following through on there requirement under the warranty .. ( fix the problem )

Yes, the Ford after sales service is crap ... yes, it stinks that they won't give you a loan vehicle in the meantime .... yes, it's pathetic that they don't know whats wrong with it ....

but , really .... have they not done anything that is within the warranty agreement. ?

wai2.gif

ah .... just seen your reply on the post below ....

@Steve...

appreciate the breakdown, and see you saw my other response to the other similar post.

all very valid and good points

i am now asking them to review the agreement.

to get just a date it basically took most of what you see. Without the Twitter and emails, it was "?" no idea what, when, where...

i decided to post here when i got the date and most of the facts but was not the happiest camper in the park.

no rush to make any decisions..

why don't you just swallow the bitter pill and wait, spending more money moving the vehicle,( with the risks that that entails) and then spending money on lawyers, give the vehicle a rest you have had three years of mileage out of it, the holidays are coming chill out,

You sound like a spoilt kid, Yes they should fix it, and they are but just not fast enough for you. hire a car with unlimited mileage with the money you save.

It matters not where the Vehicle was Purchased as long as its Ford, id find a Law Firm with a Brain inside the Office..

For Ford warranty it may not matter, but I would presume it will matter for the Consumer Protection Board. After all the car was bought from the dealer, an independent company from Ford Thailand. So the first point of addressing for the Board would be that dealer.

why don't you just swallow the bitter pill and wait, spending more money moving the vehicle,( with the risks that that entails) and then spending money on lawyers, give the vehicle a rest you have had three years of mileage out of it, the holidays are coming chill out,

You sound like a spoilt kid, Yes they should fix it, and they are but just not fast enough for you. hire a car with unlimited mileage with the money you save.

Hiring a car from now till end of February is going to cost a minimum of 45-50,000 baht and that'll be for a small compact. If he needs a pickup or similar sized vehicle it'll cost considerably more, possible close to double.

Its 2 and a half months. Not days or weeks. Months. Warranty or not. Repairs should be complete within a reasonable time frame. 2 and a half months in not reasonable.

How would you feel if your dealer drained the oil out of your car and said sorry, no more oil till next week? Would you just hire a car for the week and keep smiling with that "This is Thailand grin and just deal with it?". I have my doubts.

... I just do not get it, how someone can still buy an US car.

Eg. when BMW assembled their Z3 in the US, all cars for the German market were taken apart and reassembled in their Munich factory, because the US workers could not match their quality standards

eg. Daimler-Mercedes Benz bought Chrysler in 1998 and sold it finally in 2007, because it proofed to be impossible to initiate a change to a modern car manufacturer with actual quality standards

eg. Rented a brandnew Fiesta in Netherlands just 3 weeks ago, suspension like a sofa on wheels and an acceleration like a donkey, due to the crazy gear ratio of its automatic transmission.

How much worse quality to expect from a US car assembled in Thailand?

If in TH, go for a Japanese brand, controlled by Japanese with their high quality approach - or if you want to shell out the money fir an import, buy a german brand...

;-)

Why on earth are you driving at 140kph when the engine warning lights are indicating potential major engine problems?

If I were you I'd hope Ford don't see that pick as it gives them an easy out from having any further involvement in a warranty claim.

Thanks for the heads up. Actually that was while Ford was testing trying to get the lights to stay off after reseting the error, so i sat in the back and snapped the shot for their record.

At 140kph you positioned yourself directly in front of the driver, close enough to picture the steering wheel hub in order to take the photo, from the back seat? Sounds very likely.