Plans for one story 3bed, 1study, 2bath or 4bed, 2bath house?

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find house plans, or floor plans or even pictures for a one story 3 bed, 1 study, 2 bath house or just a one story 4 bedroom 2 bath house but both of these configurations must have an indoor/western kitchen.

Has anyone built a house like this here in Thailand?

Thanks

Architects plans here are very expensive considering total build costs. Some Tessabahns allow you to copy existing plans they have on file in order for the building permit to be issued. You could look around the area for similar properties as these plans should have already gone through this procedure. Alternativly ask the architect at the Tessabahn if he will draw them for you, this way you will be assured of no problems and permit will be issued. I know a few people have taken this route at a cost of approximately 20,000 inclusive.

a friend of mine has had a set of plans drawn up by an architect, 1 story 4 bed 3 bath, western kitchen 4 walk in wardrobes 224 metres, build starts in the new year. not sure of the cost but not cheap. he had looked around for a set but couldn't find anything he wanted.

Edited by steve187

Just a caution, although you may have considered this, most areas of Thailand can be flooded in worst case so a second story would be very handy to remove items into (even if not normally used for anything but storage) and provide safe haven.

If any Thai doing hot oil 'wok' cooking it is really worthwhile having at least a stove area outside for easy cleanup.

Of course you can have the best plans in the World but you're assuming the builder can interpret and follow them without being tempted to improve them during build.

I happily built with sketches, hand drawings and daily reviews which resulted in exactly the house we wanted; maybe some luck involved??

• 2 weeks later...

We bought a book from the big bookshop near the Klong in CM, it has 120 various size and style house plans in it. We found one that was almost right for us, just added a bathroom and changed the location of the back door to suit our block of land.

We showed our draughtsman and he did the drawings straight out of the book.

The bookshops have lots of these books, they are about 330 baht each. They show the plan itself, a picture of what the finished house looks like, and a roof plan.