NCPO to report its achievements

webfact

Achievements: the economy is in the tank and unlikely to improve, Dear Leader has been the subject of repeated global ridicule, the tourism industry has collapsed and the education system is both a: censored, and b: centred around a list of 12 core rules, many of which are vaguely fascist. The military budget of course is up and the education budget is down. Civil discourse is prohibited on a wide range of crucial-to-Thailand's-future subjects. And any election is continually pushed back.

I'm pleased we did not end up in a civil war but despite the ramblings of some in these forums, the those now in power played a large part in engineering a drift towards civil war to provide an excuse for the coup.

I'm also pleased that those who continually blocked payments to rice farmers to force a crisis found way to quickly unblock those funds when the nasty elected "populist" government was removed.

You forgot to mention one achievement, my dear sniggy

Having succeeded in mobilising the most TBF posters to write lies, half-truths and insinuations as result of being on the right tract.

The Education budget is up from 430 to 463 billion if I remember correctly, The MoD budget from 171 to 177 billion I think. Civil discourse on a wide range of subjects crucial for Thailands progress is channeled and actively encouraged via the reform committees. The global ridicule seems in the mind of the poster only.

BTW the Yingluck government after having stated in mid-2013 to have the financing for the RPPS secured suddenly found it didn't have the money and as Ms. Yingluck dissolved the House, the caretaker government couldn't just suddenly borrow 130 billion Baht either. the right track? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It seems another agent is on here trying to counteract any criticism at the government. You really don't fool anyone. Even farmers (I am not disrespecting them at all) have the intelligence to realise they are all getting conned. Nothing has changed for them and probably will not with the current mind set. What I find amusing that this drivel is pushed by yourself on here to, considered more educated people. Bullshit smells the same, anywhere.

Achievements: the economy is in the tank and unlikely to improve, Dear Leader has been the subject of repeated global ridicule, the tourism industry has collapsed and the education system is both a: censored, and b: centred around a list of 12 core rules, many of which are vaguely fascist. The military budget of course is up and the education budget is down. Civil discourse is prohibited on a wide range of crucial-to-Thailand's-future subjects. And any election is continually pushed back.

I'm pleased we did not end up in a civil war but despite the ramblings of some in these forums, the those now in power played a large part in engineering a drift towards civil war to provide an excuse for the coup.

I'm also pleased that those who continually blocked payments to rice farmers to force a crisis found way to quickly unblock those funds when the nasty elected "populist" government was removed.

Having succeeded in mobilising the most TBF posters to write lies, half-truths and insinuations as result of being on the right tract.

The Education budget is up from 430 to 463 billion if I remember correctly, The MoD budget from 171 to 177 billion I think. Civil discourse on a wide range of subjects crucial for Thailands progress is channeled and actively encouraged via the reform committees. The global ridicule seems in the mind of the poster only.

BTW the Yingluck government after having stated in mid-2013 to have the financing for the RPPS secured suddenly found it didn't have the money and as Ms. Yingluck dissolved the House, the caretaker government couldn't just suddenly borrow 130 billion Baht either. the right track? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It seems another agent is on here trying to counteract any criticism at the government. You really don't fool anyone. Even farmers (I am not disrespecting them at all) have the intelligence to realise they are all getting conned. Nothing has changed for them and probably will not with the current mind set. What I find amusing that this drivel is pushed by yourself on here to, considered more educated people. Bullshit smells the same, anywhere.

I think the poster is expressing the opinion that "not being Yingluck" is the main achievement of the NCPO.

BTW the Yingluck government after having stated in mid-2013 to have the financing for the RPPS secured suddenly found it didn't have the money and as Ms. Yingluck dissolved the House, the caretaker government couldn't just suddenly borrow 130 billion Baht either.

Of the many reform committees do you know which one is investigating the corruption, political meddling and incompetence of the bloated military establishment,one of Thailand's most crushing problems? It would be remarkable if there was not a committee devoted to reforming this corrupt body.

But the truth is of course there is no such committee and reform of the military is not even on the agenda.Indeed I don't believe it has even been mentioned.

Since when are reform committees supposed to investigate corruption?

NCPO to report its achievements

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

they'll report everything but the truth.

Since they didn't report yet, that's only your opinion.

BTW I'm still waiting for the Yingluck Administration's report of achievements from 2011, 2012, 2013. Also I wonder about the special tasks k. Chalerm executed for Ms. Yingluck. somehow he never got around writing those reports it would seem. At least with lack of reports no one can even suggest that 'anything but the truth' is reported

Criticism is no problem. lies I object to.

BTW farmers got conned by the previous government, but pray tell me how the present government is 'conning' them?

As for BS, same, pray tell what in my post is BS?

Edited by rubl

It's so much simpler to run a country when you 'streamline' the leadership positions...

15028280236_349167e55c_c.jpg

Gosh it's hard for me to get my head around this.

Let's see. The ncpo were all appointed by prahyut who is the self appointed leader. Then ncpo voted it's leader to prime minister by unanimous vote. Then the prime minister and ncpo appointed the national legislative . Now they 3 bodies will appoint a subcommittee of themselves, who will then tell themselves how well themselves are performing.

Who will monitor themself 4 that monitors themself 3 that monitors themself 2 that advises themself 1.

This is only my understanding.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

• Like 1

Let's see. The ncpo were all appointed by prahyut who is the self appointed leader. Then ncpo voted it's leader to prime minister by unanimous vote. Then the prime minister and ncpo appointed the national legislative . Now they 3 bodies will appoint a subcommittee of themselves, who will then tell themselves how well themselves are performing.

Who will monitor themself 4 that monitors themself 3 that monitors themself 2 that advises themself 1.

Well actually the NCPO selected the NLA (lots of military, but also non-military people). following the NLA discussed who to nominate for PM and they came with only one recommendation and the poor chap was voted in as PM.

BTW many governments set up sub committees to monitor or observe or recommend, mostly staffed with MPs from their own party or coalition parties.

BTW the Yingluck government after having stated in mid-2013 to have the financing for the RPPS secured suddenly found it didn't have the money and as Ms. Yingluck dissolved the House, the caretaker government couldn't just suddenly borrow 130 billion Baht either.

Of the many reform committees do you know which one is investigating the corruption, political meddling and incompetence of the bloated military establishment,one of Thailand's most crushing problems? It would be remarkable if there was not a committee devoted to reforming this corrupt body.

But the truth is of course there is no such committee and reform of the military is not even on the agenda.Indeed I don't believe it has even been mentioned.

Obviously a genuine attempt to consider reform covers many aspects.In the case of the Thai army institutional and pervasive corruption is one of them - though I agree not necessarily the most important of a whole range of abuses.

But don't worry it will never happen.Honest reform of the Thai army is off limits.Heavens to Betsy such a radical approach might even come up with the ridiculous idea that the prime purpose of any army is to protect the country from foreign threats.And that would never do.

Well actually the NCPO selected the NLA (lots of military, but also non-military people). following the NLA discussed who to nominate for PM and they came with only one recommendation and the poor chap was voted in as PM.

BTW many governments set up sub committees to monitor or observe or recommend, mostly staffed with MPs from their own party or coalition parties.

Yet these MP's received an electoral mandate and are accountable to the electorate. This lot isn't on both counts.

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1

Yet these MP's received an electoral mandate and are accountable to the electorate. This lot isn't on both counts.

Besides the point of the discussion. We're just on the process within the NCPO/NLA.

BTW MPs accountable? In Thailand?

Anyway, anxiously awaiting the reports. Should give some here another field day to complain

Besides the point of the discussion. We're just on the process within the NCPO/NLA.

BTW MPs accountable? In Thailand?

Anyway, anxiously awaiting the reports. Should give some here another field day to complain

It's going to be a pretty short report, unless of course they are going to list their achievements when it comes to freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and the right to vote and run for office, in which case the report will be long and revealing.

Of course MP's in Thailand are accountable, they have a limited period in office, after which they will need to get a mandate again. Of course the current lot doesn't have to, they could stay on forever.

Edited by sjaak327

It's going to be a pretty short report, unless of course they are going to list their achievements when it comes to freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and the right to vote and run for office, in which case the report will be long and revealing.

Of course MP's in Thailand are accountable, they have a limited period in office, after which they will need to get a mandate again. Of course the current lot doesn't have to, they could stay on forever.

With so much to do, so much obstruction by foreign posters and still trying to be procedural in approach I would be surprised to see a thick report. Any report would already be more than the previous government gave us.

The NLA members representing both parliament and senate are also accountable, to each other, PM and NCPO and less direct the Thai population for which they do this. They also have a limited period in office as they will step down once we had elections. Furthermore they will not be allowed to stand for those elections or any following for three (or five?) more years.

Of course the previous lot also tried to stay a wee bit longer, even stating the law didn't allow them to step down. Imagine.

Anyway, I wonder if the strawberry jam will make it into the report. As example how rumours falsely written in forums can really catch the government off guard. As example why better surveillance and control is needed to prevent such errors wink.png

Ever since Electoral Commissions began sabotaging elections.

Ever since Electoral Commissions began sabotaging elections.

Pray, show me where in the description of the tasks of the reform committees is says they should investigate corruption ?

With so much to do, so much obstruction by foreign posters and still trying to be procedural in approach I would be surprised to see a thick report. Any report would already be more than the previous government gave us.

The NLA members representing both parliament and senate are also accountable, to each other, PM and NCPO and less direct the Thai population for which they do this. They also have a limited period in office as they will step down once we had elections. Furthermore they will not be allowed to stand for those elections or any following for three (or five?) more years.

Of course the previous lot also tried to stay a wee bit longer, even stating the law didn't allow them to step down. Imagine.

Anyway, I wonder if the strawberry jam will make it into the report. As example how rumours falsely written in forums can really catch the government off guard. As example why better surveillance and control is needed to prevent such errors wink.png

Obstruction by foreign posters ? You are having a laugh right..

Why are you so economical with the truth Rubl ? Do you really believe anybody here believes the lies you are posting ? The previous government did not try to stay a wee bit longer, they dissolved the house and called for new elections. I understand this to be an incomprehensible concept for people that openly supports coups, but in a democracy that is exactly how it is done. And they showed precisely the accountability we are discussing here. Of course others broke the law and prevented the Thai electorate having a say.

I understand you were in favor of the care taker government just handing power to madman Suthep and his buddies with the fancy marketing name, but there was no provision in the constitution that allowed that to happen, and one doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to understand why !

The NLA members aren't accountable to the Thai electorate and were not put there as a direct result of that electorate wishes. Finally, they aren't doing it for the Thai people at all, quite amazing how someone who claims to be living in Thailand for two decades, is still blissfully ignorant about how things really work in Thailand.

I can't believe you being this naïve.

• Like 1

Why are you so economical with the truth Rubl ? Do you really believe anybody here believes the lies you are posting ? The previous government did not try to stay a wee bit longer, they dissolved the house and called for new elections. I understand this to be an incomprehensible concept for people that openly supports coups, but in a democracy that is exactly how it is done. And they showed precisely the accountability we are discussing here. Of course others broke the law and prevented the Thai electorate having a say.

I understand you were in favor of the care taker government just handing power to madman Suthep and his buddies with the fancy marketing name, but there was no provision in the constitution that allowed that to happen, and one doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to understand why !

The NLA members aren't accountable to the Thai electorate and were not put there as a direct result of that electorate wishes. Finally, they aren't doing it for the Thai people at all, quite amazing how someone who claims to be living in Thailand for two decades, is still blissfully ignorant about how things really work in Thailand.

Especially in the last few months before the coup the no-longer-caretaking government was desperately clinging to power. The (unknown status) former MoFA even suggested the military should impose the Martial Law so the remaining part of the government could force through an election.

At least the coup prevented what you call a handover to madman Suthep, now didn't it?

The NLA members are accountable to the NCPO with Gen Prayut having clearly stated to havbe no problems dismissing non-performing members. They even set up some rules to make sure the NLA members actually be present mostly, unlike in previous parliaments. The NLA members and the MP/cabinet are accountable to the public as well. It's in the Interim Constitution, it's visible in their actions and reports.

Of course if you were right that the NLA doesn't do it for the people they would just continue the trend from the previous government which did it for that criminal fugitive only with measures carefully calculated to seem to support the people while sneakily working for the skyping-in criminal only. Very democratic.

So, we're now awaiting the reports the NCPO promises us. Let's hope they better at fulfilling their promises than the previous government which was somewhat negligent in reporting.

Pinocchio like stories that 90% of western countries co- operate with them might be forth coming .

That Americans approve of the Thai PM and will send back all those pesky Thais there saying horrible things. *(perhaps not)

Really ?

You posted this in the wrong thread. Here we talk about the reports the NCPO will provide detailing their successes and progress in bringing happiness to Thai.

Pinocchio like stories that 90% of western countries co- operate with them might be forth coming .

That Americans approve of the Thai PM and will send back all those pesky Thais there saying horrible things. *(perhaps not)

Really ?

You posted this in the wrong thread. Here we discuss the forthcoming reports on the achievements of the NCPO, the successes, the progress in bringing happiness to the Thai people, the thankful foreign TVF posters who have a field day denouncing them and so.

Especially in the last few months before the coup the no-longer-caretaking government was desperately clinging to power. The (unknown status) former MoFA even suggested the military should impose the Martial Law so the remaining part of the government could force through an election.

At least the coup prevented what you call a handover to madman Suthep, now didn't it?

The NLA members are accountable to the NCPO with Gen Prayut having clearly stated to havbe no problems dismissing non-performing members. They even set up some rules to make sure the NLA members actually be present mostly, unlike in previous parliaments. The NLA members and the MP/cabinet are accountable to the public as well. It's in the Interim Constitution, it's visible in their actions and reports.

Of course if you were right that the NLA doesn't do it for the people they would just continue the trend from the previous government which did it for that criminal fugitive only with measures carefully calculated to seem to support the people while sneakily working for the skyping-in criminal only. Very democratic.

So, we're now awaiting the reports the NCPO promises us. Let's hope they better at fulfilling their promises than the previous government which was somewhat negligent in reporting.

How exactly was the government no longer care taker ? They remain in that position until a successful election leads to a new lower house. That never happened, so the government when overthrown was still in the same status as it was when Yingluck dissolved the house. Force through an election, now that is a fantastic idea in a democracy, boy oh boy you are really taking the piss here.

Again, you can blame the previous government for many things, but not that they have not tried to let the Thai electorate have their constitutional right to determine who they deem fit to lead their country.

The coup might have prevented a handover to Suthep (although behind the scenes, this might not be the case, certainly if some of the remarks Suthep made are to be believed) but a handover to a madman did happen, not Suthep but Prayuth, hardly a better scenario to be honest.

How are the NLA members accountable to the public ? Can they decide or influence the make up of the NLA, can they vote people in or out of the NLA. The answer is a dead simple no, so they are not accountable at all.

The NLA does not have any right to Continue any trend, real or perceived as they don't have a mandate. Self appointed under a self drafted constitution.

To make matters worse, apparently it is still needed to curtail freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom to protest and all the other things people take for granted in a democracy. And than to think they 'do it for the Thai people'.

As to the reporting of the previous government, they have released the ultimate report, by asking the voters to go to the ballot box, maybe this lot could do the same ?

Edited by sjaak327

How about waiting for the report before spouting ignorance?

There is really no need to wait. The nonsensical propoganda spewed by this regime is quite boring in its predictability. Just like there is no need to wait for the next Thai Happiness poll to know it will show approval ratings in the high nineties.

• Like 2

How exactly was the government no longer care taker ? They remain in that position until a successful election leads to a new lower house. That never happened, so the government when overthrown was still in the same status as it was when Yingluck dissolved the house. Force through an election, now that is a fantastic idea in a democracy, boy oh boy you are really taking the piss here.

Again, you can blame the previous government for many things, but not that they have not tried to let the Thai electorate have their constitutional right to determine who they deem fit to lead their country.

The coup might have prevented a handover to Suthep (although behind the scenes, this might not be the case, certainly if some of the remarks Suthep made are to be believed) but a handover to a madman did happen, not Suthep but Prayuth, hardly a better scenario to be honest.

How are the NLA members accountable to the public ? Can they decide or influence the make up of the NLA, can they vote people in or out of the NLA. The answer is a dead simple no, so they are not accountable at all.

The NLA does not have any right to Continue any trend, real or perceived as they don't have a mandate. Self appointed under a self drafted constitution.

To make matters worse, apparently it is still needed to curtail freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom to protest and all the other things people take for granted in a democracy. And than to think they 'do it for the Thai people'.

As to the reporting of the previous government, they have released the ultimate report, by asking the voters to go to the ballot box, maybe this lot could do the same ?

The ultimate report, elections anyone ?

Somehow you seem to forget that the Thai electorate is not the same as the electorate in a Western, established democracy. Mind you, even the Italians loved Silvio Berlusconi for a while, and paid for it.

So an election means a government no longer needs to justify its actions, be accountable and doing accounting? Winning or even loosing would be the end of it? The electorate has spoken? No need to explain the 700--/++ billion Baht somehow 'mislaid' in a 'self-financing' scheme? The electorate can choose and that's it? Taxpayers' money thrown away, pocketed by 'deserving' people and we should just vote?

Anyway, the reports from the previous government may no longer be forthcoming, so sue them, like we would do back home.

Rubl is just having a go at you with his junta-cheerleading perspective. It's hard to imagine that he came from a country with an upstanding democratic tradition and an exemplary regard for human rights. Rubl will wilfully ignore any and all evidence, facts or logical reasoning presented and then spew out some nonsense such as the NLA is accountable to the leader of the 'NCPO' who appointed them, ... as if that says anything of importance at all.

He will pretend that it is possible to make comparisons between an elected government and one that has usurped the organs of governing by force. The fact that such comparisons are completely invalid doesn't seem to bother him at all.

Rubl is just having a go at you with his junta-cheerleading perspective. It's hard to imagine that he came from a country with an upstanding democratic tradition and an exemplary regard for human rights. Rubl will wilfully ignore any and all evidence, facts or logical reasoning presented and then spew out some nonsense such as the NLA is accountable to the leader of the 'NCPO' who appointed them, ... as if that says anything of importance at all.

He will pretend that it is possible to make comparisons between an elected government and one that has usurped the organs of governing by force. The fact that such comparisons are completely invalid doesn't seem to bother him at all.

So seem to be unable to accept opinions which conflict with your own, to the point of stating as fact what you think about said opinion. Even going as far as putting doubts on my integrity by wondering if I really come from another, democratic country.

You really start to annoy me with your attitude. If only you could come with near objective arguments rather than your willfully demeaning descriptions and opinions stated as fact.

Mind you, maybe I ask too much as you come from the U.S. of A. Surely there must be something which explains your behavior here. Knowledge and objectivity doesn't seem to have any relation with it though.

• Like 1