NCPO to report its achievements

webfact

NCPO to report its achievements

BANGKOK, 17 Dec 2014, (NNT) - The Cabinet and the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) have agreed to establish 2 additional strategic sub-committees to help the government move things forward.

The session, the last one of 2014, focused on summarizing the administration's performance since it took office and future endeavors outlined in the the NCPO’s roadmap.

After the meeting, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha disclosed that both the Cabinet and the NCPO had laid down plans to tackle various issues such as social gaps and poverty, agricultural product prices, social impartiality and the nation's justice system, public property encroachment, economic improvement and upgrading the country's education system, among others.

General Prayut also indicated that the governmental would emphasize on fairness, simplify processes, gradually fading out the NCPO's roles, focusing on reorganizing social order and creating understanding among those with different views.

In addition, the Cabinet and the NCPO have established 2 additional sub-committees; one to ensure transparency and keep close tabs on the work of independent organizations, and the other to monitor the performance of the NCPO itself, said the Prime Minister.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-17 footer_n.gif

Sub-committees comprising handpicked members who will of course report truthfully without fear or favour or should that be with a lot of fear and most definitely favour.

With findings backed by extremely positive polls conducted by the "Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association".

• Like 2

Achievements: the economy is in the tank and unlikely to improve, Dear Leader has been the subject of repeated global ridicule, the tourism industry has collapsed and the education system is both a: censored, and b: centred around a list of 12 core rules, many of which are vaguely fascist. The military budget of course is up and the education budget is down. Civil discourse is prohibited on a wide range of crucial-to-Thailand's-future subjects. And any election is continually pushed back.

I'm pleased we did not end up in a civil war but despite the ramblings of some in these forums, the those now in power played a large part in engineering a drift towards civil war to provide an excuse for the coup.

I'm also pleased that those who continually blocked payments to rice farmers to force a crisis found way to quickly unblock those funds when the nasty elected "populist" government was removed.

You forgot to mention one achievement, my dear sniggy

Having succeeded in mobilising the most TBF posters to write lies, half-truths and insinuations as result of being on the right tract.

The Education budget is up from 430 to 463 billion if I remember correctly, The MoD budget from 171 to 177 billion I think. Civil discourse on a wide range of subjects crucial for Thailands progress is channeled and actively encouraged via the reform committees. The global ridicule seems in the mind of the poster only.

BTW the Yingluck government after having stated in mid-2013 to have the financing for the RPPS secured suddenly found it didn't have the money and as Ms. Yingluck dissolved the House, the caretaker government couldn't just suddenly borrow 130 billion Baht either.

• Like 1

Achievements: the economy is in the tank and unlikely to improve, Dear Leader has been the subject of repeated global ridicule, the tourism industry has collapsed and the education system is both a: censored, and b: centred around a list of 12 core rules, many of which are vaguely fascist. The military budget of course is up and the education budget is down. Civil discourse is prohibited on a wide range of crucial-to-Thailand's-future subjects. And any election is continually pushed back.

I'm pleased we did not end up in a civil war but despite the ramblings of some in these forums, the those now in power played a large part in engineering a drift towards civil war to provide an excuse for the coup.

I'm also pleased that those who continually blocked payments to rice farmers to force a crisis found way to quickly unblock those funds when the nasty elected "populist" government was removed.

Having succeeded in mobilising the most TBF posters to write lies, half-truths and insinuations as result of being on the right tract.

The Education budget is up from 430 to 463 billion if I remember correctly, The MoD budget from 171 to 177 billion I think. Civil discourse on a wide range of subjects crucial for Thailands progress is channeled and actively encouraged via the reform committees. The global ridicule seems in the mind of the poster only.

BTW the Yingluck government after having stated in mid-2013 to have the financing for the RPPS secured suddenly found it didn't have the money and as Ms. Yingluck dissolved the House, the caretaker government couldn't just suddenly borrow 130 billion Baht either.

It must be interesting to have concocted the sort of fantasy zone you seem to have almost uniquely created for yourself. Happily there is voluminous documentary evidence out there that you may be able use to bring yourself back into the world the rest of the planet exists in if you ever feel the clouds lifting. That bizarrely selective sequence of events you mention in your last paragraph rather underlines this.

As to global ridicule - Google is your friend.

Discourse encouraged? Bless ...

Education - yes increased by 3.2%, which is about 1% more than inflation, but a significant portion of the overall budget has now been sliced off to pay for the 12 values nonsense which in real terms has created a drop in funding available.

Edited by Snig27
  • Like 1

Of the many reform committees do you know which one is investigating the corruption, political meddling and incompetence of the bloated military establishment,one of Thailand's most crushing problems? It would be remarkable if there was not a committee devoted to reforming this corrupt body.

But the truth is of course there is no such committee and reform of the military is not even on the agenda.Indeed I don't believe it has even been mentioned.

• Like 2

Of the many reform committees do you know which one is investigating the corruption, political meddling and incompetence of the bloated military establishment,one of Thailand's most crushing problems? It would be remarkable if there was not a committee devoted to reforming this corrupt body.

But the truth is of course there is no such committee and reform of the military is not even on the agenda.Indeed I don't believe it has even been mentioned.

No need to reform the military - we have been assured that the vast wealth held by all the generals is all due to marrying rich wives.

• Like 2

I don't take issue with many things that you mention -- but I do take exception to the use of "Dear Leader" in reference to anyone. That term is tied tightly to Kim Jong-il and I find it offensive to use that reference for anyone other than him. It is akin to calling someone Hitler. It is being derogatory to the point of being over the top. If he were really "Dear Leader" anyone that was brought in for an "attitude adjustment" would have never been seen again - and this board would be so heavily censored that anyone saying anything critical would disappear forever.

• Like 2

I don't take issue with many things that you mention -- but I do take exception to the use of "Dear Leader" in reference to anyone. That term is tied tightly to Kim Jong-il and I find it offensive to use that reference for anyone other than him. It is akin to calling someone Hitler. It is being derogatory to the point of being over the top. If he were really "Dear Leader" anyone that was brought in for an "attitude adjustment" would have never been seen again - and this board would be so heavily censored that anyone saying anything critical would disappear forever.

Dear leader is a fair enough reference to those that have children recite their stuff- non elected and restrict freedom of speech- rule by gun.

Rewrite history - need i go on?

• Like 1

The Nation finally found its voice and fortitude and agree with you. Today's article.

"That's possibly why my gut tells me that the next "permanent" constitution will be anything but permanent, as there is almost zero civilian control and the NCPO-sponsored reform process does not include changes in the military.

Also, these ever-changing charters are making the citizens less attached to the supposed "highest law", especially since most Thais are a little more than spectators when it comes to drafting the next charter".

No need to reform the military - we have been assured that the vast wealth held by all the generals is all due to marrying rich wives.

Since it appears all the Military, NCPO and 'Government' seem to have married extremely rich wives, could the Dear Leader in this Fridays sermon give me some pointers on where to find all these rich women?

I'll trade in the current one for one of these uber rich ones they all seem to find! LOL

Economy is bad because of what Yinglucks government did. You can't blame that on this government. But they didn't do anything to improve it.

Same as for the education system.....that is bad the last 20-30 years.

Civil war is stopped thanks to the army.

So nothing this government can be blamed at. They fought corruption well. Else they did little.

Economy is bad because of what Yinglucks government did. You can't blame that on this government. But they didn't do anything to improve it.

So nothing this government can be blamed at. They fought corruption well. Else they did little.

I think thats kinda the point, so far they have done nothing. It's all been much of a continuance of the same inept government that Thailand has always suffered from. They all stem from the same social class, clan whatever you want to call them. Inept. incompetent out to feather their own nests. The recent Pongpat 'event' was to anyone that dares to read foreign press and understands what was the real motivation gets that this is just the same old governance (I use that word ironically BTW) with new faces. But for entertainment value beats the nightly Lakorn hands down

Wow, even more committee's, groups, organizations or whatever they call them and even more "jobs for the boys" ... no wonder unemployment is so low in Thailand, so many are employed doing bugger all constructive.

+1...so very true.

All they ever do is make vague plans to look at "social gaps and poverty, agricultural product prices, social impartiality and the nation's justice system, public property encroachment, economic improvement and upgrading the country's education system"

They never actually action anything however. Just hollow promises time and time again. 8 months ago this worked because a large section of the population were so fed up with the previous impasse but this no longer works.

Patience is wearing increasingly thin with the failure of Prayuth....

You don't really need to stop a civil war with a coup even a much hyped one. The military just need to be performed their responsibilties as a government agency. There is still a real civil war in the south to be stopped.

You don't really need to stop a civil war with a coup even a much hyped one. The military just need to be performed their responsibilties as a government agency. There is still a real civil war in the south to be stopped.

Oh stop it, the TVF zealots love to talk about the supposed civil war that was about to happen (God Bless the Coup) and forget the all too real civil war occurring in the deep south. Which in my Oh Too Delusional mind also makes me ponder why do so many posters on here seem so sure that martial law is essential to maintain order and restrain the impending civil war, when martial law which has been in place int he south seems to achieved, well Nothing!

• Like 1