Looking for normal people in Bangkok to be friends & hang out with

glitteratzzi

I quit looking. Farang always seem to avoid each other. Had a friend I worked with that lived near me but since he divorced and went back to the states finding a friend that is married and normal was impossible.

Really? I probably have a wider social circle here than I did back in London, and at least half of them are married.

OP: try Chickynet - lots of normal women on there and I've met several good friends through it here in BK

And ignore the intellectually challenged on here claiming that it's all a big 'boys club': it's not-plenty of expat ladies here too (lawyers, accountants, engineers, doctors, etc.) but as they are here for career reasons, and not busy posting nonsense here when they've run out of cash for their hooker de jour, the posters on here never meet them (hence think they don't exist). And I'm as thankful about that as them smile.png

What a load of nonsense. No wonder female expats struggle so much to assimilate in Bangkok when perpetuating nonsense like this about the male expat scene.

Holding aloof preconceived views like this about the male expats here, it's no wonder blokes, even the 'normal' non-whoring expat blokes don't find the idea of having female expat friends an attractive proposition with obstacles like these to overcome before 'friendship' kicks in.

• Like 2

I quit looking. Farang always seem to avoid each other. Had a friend I worked with that lived near me but since he divorced and went back to the states finding a friend that is married and normal was impossible.

Really? I probably have a wider social circle here than I did back in London, and at least half of them are married.

People you associate with the poker grind can hardly be called a social circle dear boy

Check out. Meetup.com. Been to Scala at one of those meetings. Great fun and a good way to meet new people. Also if you have facebook, join southeners sports club. Alot of fun activities, not only sports.

Sent from my SGP521 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Glitter:

May I ask why you go to such great lengths to exclude sex as an option?

While I certainly don't find it to be my sole motivationg force, attraction and exploration of another person whether it ends in bed or freindship is certainly a factor when I meet someone new. I am not sure if I would be at all I interested in knowing as a friend someone closed to the possibility of sex in general, be they male or female

Edited by HooHaa
  • Like 1

Glitter:

May I ask why you go to such great lengths to exclude sex as an option?

While I certainly don't find it to be my slow motivations force, attraction and exploration of another person whether it ends in bed or freindship is certainly a factor when I meet someone new. I am not sure if I would be at all I interested in meeting someone closed to the possibility of sex in general, be they male or female

As I read it, the OP isn't excluding sex. They're just hoping to meet some people who's life doesn't revolve around it.

It's a shame that people like this are always accused of being some kind of puritan or prude.

• Like 1

I actually thought nothing of the sort. My read indicated that the op was quite clearly leaving sex off the table and was seeming clarification as to whether or not I was correct. Only she can clear that up.

Sex or friendship, I am good either way. In fact I quite enjoy both.

OP: try Chickynet - lots of normal women on there and I've met several good friends through it here in BK

And ignore the intellectually challenged on here claiming that it's all a big 'boys club': it's not-plenty of expat ladies here too (lawyers, accountants, engineers, doctors, etc.) but as they are here for career reasons, and not busy posting nonsense here when they've run out of cash for their hooker de jour, the posters on here never meet them (hence think they don't exist). And I'm as thankful about that as them :)

What a load of drivel.

With such a stuck up opinion if yourself, no wonder you have difficulty in meeting professional male ex-pats.

Plenty of men are here for career reasons too. It's true though that there is a large group who were lead here by the dick, and they do seem to struggle with the concept of female expats.

Do they?

I work with 10 female expats , it's never been a problem in terms of the concept.

I once met up with a female expat I'd got to know through a forum (not this one). We'd exchanged emails and photos so decided to meet up. within five minutes she had stated that if I was after sex I'd be better off with a hooker so I sodded off to find one instead of wasting time with someone who was full of misconceptions not only about myself but male expats in general..

looks like I had a lucky escape..

• Like 1

The snag is that it's obvious the OP's head if full of preconceptions about male expats already hence her request to meet 'normal' people.

It ain't a pre-conception if every one she has met so far has hit on her right out of the blocks.

And I can easily see that happening if she hasn't connected with the right folks. Hence, the OP. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Edited by impulse

The snag is that it's obvious the OP's head if full of preconceptions about male expats already hence her request to meet 'normal' people.

It ain't a pre-conception if every one she has met so far has hit on her right out of the blocks.

And I can easily see that happening if she hasn't connected with the right folks. Hence, the OP. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Indeed. Some people will seize any opportunity for an argument, though.

Maybe she's red hot and blokes hitting on her is something which has always happened to her....nothing abnormal about hitting on a hottie.

Edited by ThePlant

Indeed. Some people will seize any opportunity for an argument, though.

Maybe, but 'some people' are adding to the topic instead of hanging around like a spare willy at an orgy just having random, rather lame snipes at other members...

If you have nothing to contribute why not pop off to the food court but don't forget your umbrella.

Edited by ThePlant