4 injured in car and motorbike road crash in North Pattaya

webfact

4 injured in car and motorbike road crash in North Pattaya

crash-43.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday afternoon a serious road crash occurred at the North Pattaya Junction on the Sukhumvit Road resulting in four injuries, 2 of the injured have been described as sustaining serious life-changing injuries.

The crash involved a Red Ford Focus driven by Khun Rungrern aged 21 with his girlfriend Khun Piyawan aged 20 riding as passenger. The car driver escaped with relatively minor injuries but the passenger sustained serious injuries and was rushed to Hospital.

Nearby, lying on the road, was the bike driver, Khun Nuttapon aged 27, and he had sustained a broken leg and suspected internal injuries and was also rushed to Hospital.
50 meters down the road was a seriously injured pedestrian, Khun Somree aged 31 who was struck by the out-of-control motorbike after it collided with the car.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/160137/4-injured-in-car-and-motorbike-road-crash-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-18

the 21 year old girl who drove the car that according to witnesses run a red light, claims she passed the light when it was still flashing orange.

Anyone ever seen an orange light at this junction ? There's green and red , orange she must have seen flashing in her dreams. Maybe she was watching the orange background screen of her notebook-smartphone ? If she repeats her 'orange' sightings in front of court, I would give her jail time for sure

I see orange (amber) lights every single day. rolleyes.gif

A reminder to all fellow bikers, never be the first off the line when the lights change from green to red. Allow some other guinea pig to go first. And always expect someone to jump the lights whatever stage of the cycle they are at. Finally, use 4-wheeled vehicles as moving barriers to protect against drivers crossing into your path.

that works for me too. Every day on north pattaya junction red light jumpers can pass between the traffic turning right on the green.....i dont know why the police dont set up a camera, they would make 1000bt plus at every change of the lights

It is distinctly busier in Pattaya now and impatience is evident.

Be careful out there.

Nearly came a cropper myself yesterday due to being frustrated by continuous traffic and unable to exit a junction.

Large tourist coaches are causing delays and blocking turns.

• Like 1

the 21 year old girl who drove the car that according to witnesses run a red light, claims she passed the light when it was still flashing orange.

Anyone ever seen an orange light at this junction ? There's green and red , orange she must have seen flashing in her dreams. Maybe she was watching the orange background screen of her notebook-smartphone ? If she repeats her 'orange' sightings in front of court, I would give her jail time for sure

She wasn't driving the car, she was the passenger. So you won't have to worry about giving her jail time. You can move on to your next case now, Judge Genius!

You shoild always pay attention in crossroads , even if you're driving on green light, always look out for speeding bikes, I have avoided many serious situations just by driving slow and keeping a distance. But some drivers never learn.

• Like 1

Unlike most places green does not mean go. Green means look to see if these red light runners have stopped then go.

The turn on to soi Siam cc is a great example. If they had a red light camera there they would clean up..

Just stand on the corner of second Road and Klang and its fascinating to watch how many drivers keep going through the red light well after it changes to red. I mean many drivers are not even in the middle of the junction when the change in colour occurs. And there is even a police box on the junction but they do nothing about these infringements.bah.gif

Every ex-pat knows when the light turns green in your favour you must still wait 3-4 seconds for the red light

runners to clear the intersection. This is not an embellishment. Just because the light has turned green in your

favour does not mean it is safe to proceed, check to make sure traffic in all lanes has stopped or you are sure

they are slowing down to a stop before proceeding. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

In the Highway Code (UK) its states Red -Stop, Red and Amber- get ready to go, Green-go if its clear and safe to do so. From there we go back to Amber which also means stop unless doing so will cause a problem (ie your too close to the lights to stop safely) and then back to Red.

In Thailand Red means stop (if there something coming), Red and Amber (if there is such a thing here) means go, Green means Go, Amber means Go and back to read which means stop unless you can get away with it.

The other day waiting for the lights to change at Soi Khoa Talo 10, yes thats right 10 vehicles when through on Sukumvit Road after our lights had changed to green. Cars ,motorbikes and a bus.

Personally I am never the first away from the lights and I stop before the traffic light jumpers come the other way.