Now ED Visa no longer works, what to do?

Getting new passport does not do away with a persons previous history of entries, extensions and etc in immigration's database. Even having a passport from another country does not help.

Very true, and people don't seem to realise that immigration in most countries (Thailand included) these days have computers that automatically look for partial matches against nationality, name, date of birth and place of birth details. Fingerprinting and facial recognition are becoming more common too, and Thailand is planning to introduce finger scanning next year. The matches (or partial matches) automatically pop up at the computer terminal used by immigration, so that the officer can see if you are using a new passport or nationality to try to gain entry.

There was a period a few years back when I would always be delayed at immigration, because the officer needed a 'boss override' to let me in. According to the officer, there was someone on a watch list whose details partially resembled mine. Whilst very annoying, there was nothing I could do and eventually they fixed it so that I was no longer subject to secondary screening.

Photos taken at all previous entries also make it easier for immigration to spot people using a new passport, if any of these partial matches pop up.

Edited by dbrenn

Study Muay Thai, much more interesting.

I'd like to test that at Immi.

I've never done it as I've had different visa's, but it IS a legitimate field of study along with many other things as an alternative to studying Thai.

I wonder how immigration test Muay Thai proficiency to make sure that people are going to classes, in the same way that they test Thai language proficiency for people studying Thai?

Do they try to beat up applicants, with those who can defend themselves passing the test?

I wonder how immigration test Muay Thai proficiency to make sure that people are going to classes, in the same way that they test Thai language proficiency for people studying Thai?

Do they try to beat up applicants, with those who can defend themselves passing the test?

ah-ah-ah, with your, this exact comment has been made only 867 times.

But really. one can't get an extension for studying muay thai.

• Like 1