Single Women

Korat Correct

According to the Nation newspaper, nearly half of the Kingdom's adult females are single. It implies they are childless so presumably it excludes divorced women too.

The reasons given was "the lack of time to look for a husband" and "women prefer the freedom of being single".

75% of women use birth control, which has led to an estimate of 1.7 children per woman compared to 6.3 in 1964.

The article goes on to add that a labour shortage will follow and LOS will depend on migrant labour. It concludes that the elderly will outnumber the children in 15 years.

On a personal note, it does offer the farang a wider choice than he might have previously imagined. It conludes that the partner may not want to get married, which could solve alot of problems and may not want children which makes life less complicated and expensive.

Just what I had in mind!

I haven't read this report, nor have I studied any statistics, but on the face value of what you write, it indicates to me that the Thai society is very young. The majority of women therefore falling into those years where marriage is not seriously considered.

As well as this, Thais enjoy strong family ties. ( :o no pun intended)

Parent/family welfare must be regarded more importantly than personal well being.

Young Thais are never selfish with regard to providing for their family. Children from Western society would rather register their parents for Social Security handouts than provide for them financially themselves.

For any Farang who is good enough to win the heart and the hand in marriage of a Thai maiden, they should consider themselves most fortunate. It indicates that her family are reasonably financially secure and that you are now part of her family. :D

Edited by Mighty Mouse

According to the Nation newspaper, nearly half of the Kingdom's adult females are single. It implies they are childless so presumably it excludes divorced women too.

The reasons given was "the lack of time to look for a husband" and "women prefer the freedom of being single".

75% of women use birth control, which has led to an estimate of 1.7 children per woman compared to 6.3 in 1964.

The article goes on to add that a labour shortage will follow and LOS will depend on migrant labour. It concludes that the elderly will outnumber the children in 15 years.

On a personal note, it does offer the farang a wider choice than he might have previously imagined. It conludes that the partner may not want to get married, which could solve alot of problems and may not want children which makes life less complicated and expensive.

Just what I had in mind!

This is true of any developing country where education standards increase and more women then tend to have children later or not at all, it has to be good for allowing immigration policy to change tho and make it easier for a foreigner to work here.

It already is easier for foreigners to work here as there has long since been a local labour shortage. Just take your maid, factory workers, etc. down to the amphur during alien registration. It's 4,000 Baht a head + basic medical checkup.

:o